Ive heard of vapors tongue, but THIS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Thanks for reading and any advice in advanced, I'd really like to sort this out.

Let me start by saying I've been consistently vaping - with out cigarettes - for three or four months now and have really gotten into it. Since day one, I've been a big cream, vanilla, custard, etc type of vaper and not too much on the fruits with the exception for one or two flavors.

Now to my issue.... My all day vapes all of a sudden make me seriously gag. Vanillas taste like this indescribable rotten milk that really discourages my head-first dive into this hobby that I've taken.
I figured that changing to a fruity flavor would settle me better.... But Nothing. That's actually where the chemicals and soapy tastes come in and I'm blaming that on vapers tongue.

As far as what I'd like in feedback is maybe:
experience with this type of situation. Of course, remedies and such, but also, a type of flavor that's mellow that might help settle it some. I'm currently waiting on a big shipment from mittenvapors.com right now that I ordered previous to this issue and I'm fearing I'll hate them when they get in.

I've obviously rewicked after each flavor, rewrapped coils VERY frequently (once a day and that's nowhere near necessary)

Again thanks for your time.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Taste buds are changing, you'll probably find a few things you used to like will taste pretty bad now. That was my experience when I was about 5 months in to vaping.

I can accept. For you, how long did this last where you just can't find a juice you like? I mean nothing! Maybe the first two hits I think it's good, I'll buy it, then ... Nasty.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Sometimes changing to an entirely different type of vaping can help , i have heard what you are going through many times , you just have not found the juice to snap you out of it yet .

I vaped creams and custards etc... for many months but when i switched to a lime type vape i was floored , everything changed for the better.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Are you sure you're not developing a sinus infection, or something of that sort? From my experience, they can make everything smell and taste pretty nasty. I'll go with the other user who said that maybe give flavours a rest and go unflavoured, or pick up some menthol type juice. The menthol will help to clear your palate a bit, and also pick up some Biotene mouthwash at the pharmacy or grocery store. Helps me every time.

Reactions: DilFisher

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Are you sure you're not developing a sinus infection, or something of that sort? From my experience, they can make everything smell and taste pretty nasty. I'll go with the other user who said that maybe give flavours a rest and go unflavoured, or pick up some menthol type juice. The menthol will help to clear your palate a bit, and also pick up some Biotene mouthwash at the pharmacy or grocery store. Helps me every time.

So I was just reading into the sinus issues, olfactory senses, and menthol, or cinnamon flavor remedies. Also, I've checked into biotene and will give that a shot.

Since reading into it, I can now look back and see a little change in my taste since I gave up the sticks. I'm sure my senses are coming back better now but the kind of tastes I'm experiencing don't really coincide with what I should be tasting. Meaning, instead of really getting punched by flavors and enjoying them more, I'm incredibly turned off if not on the verge of getting sick each drag.

I'm going to sum it up to just body changes and try some natural remedies and see if it doesn't get back to normal. In the meantime I'll check out some cinnamon flavors or something. I'll keep you guys posted or share my experience if someone has the same issues later down the road.

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
Join us on the wild side ( unflavored). No vapers tongue, no frequent ordering hassles, long lasting coils, 50 cents a week....

Nah bruh
I believe that people really think/feel quitting smoking for them is a reality when they find that first "one" flavor good enough to pull them away from the sticks.
Don't get too wild on us. People will stop believing you. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So I was just reading into the sinus issues, olfactory senses, and menthol, or cinnamon flavor remedies. Also, I've checked into biotene and will give that a shot.

Since reading into it, I can now look back and see a little change in my taste since I gave up the sticks. I'm sure my senses are coming back better now but the kind of tastes I'm experiencing don't really coincide with what I should be tasting. Meaning, instead of really getting punched by flavors and enjoying them more, I'm incredibly turned off if not on the verge of getting sick each drag.

I'm going to sum it up to just body changes and try some natural remedies and see if it doesn't get back to normal. In the meantime I'll check out some cinnamon flavors or something. I'll keep you guys posted or share my experience if someone has the same issues later down the road.

It took my buds about 6 months before I could really taste a vape at all; after about 4-5 months, the Virginia tobacco flavor I started with because it tasted like my cigarettes tasted positively dreadful. I started getting fruity and sweet flavors, and later, fruit & cream type.

You probably just need to use a totally different sort of flavor, at least for a while; it's perfectly normal that what tasted good to you at first doesn't taste good now, since now you can really taste.

You might want to look into DIY, it may be that you don't need a lot of flavoring; you may also need to cut down your nic level a bit.

Andria

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Agreeing with taste bud issues lol. I'm about to hit one year smoke free in march. My taste just started being consistent at about 9 month mark. It would drive me insane one day a juice would be amazing. Then no taste or completely different taste.

Some juices I started with and love I hate now that I guess I have "true" taste back. It's a strange journey lol

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

I once took my iStick to a local B&M to ask why all of the sudden I couldn't taste anything. I had ruled out everything I could think of that would account for it. The clerk took my e cig apart and way down in some crevice she found a bit of cotton. I had recently cleaned it and some of the cotton stayed stuck in the device. As soon as she removed the cotton, I got great taste from it again! If you can't figure something out, go to a B&M and ask the question.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Nah bruh
I believe that people really think/feel quitting smoking for them is a reality when they find that first "one" flavor good enough to pull them away from the sticks.
Don't get too wild on us. People will stop believing you. ;)
To throw a wrench into the mix, Unflavored IS the flavor good enough to pull me away from the sticks. I purchased 2-10 ml house blends, not bad. Then 2-30 ml Suicide Bunny, Claim your throne and Derailed that I liked but not the cost. Flavors never did anything for me. Then I tried Unflavored. BAM!!!! In love and lowered my ciggy count. I continued dual use for 3 and a half months. It was not until after I had quit smoking for good, did I start to dabble in DIY and finally started liking flavors. 28 year Ex- Smoker here. I still use my Unflavored about 75% of the time. To each is there own though. I will also agree with
Join us on the wild side ( unflavored). No vapers tongue, no frequent ordering hassles, long lasting coils, 50 cents a week....
100%. ;) Even my DIY benefits from Unflavored. Since I mainly use it, my mixed juices only need a fraction of what others need. My highest flavor mix is only 11.5% flavoring and it tastes top notch IMO of course. My lowest is 3.5% single flavor. Hope this helps. As I sit here typing this with my tootle puffer 24 mg Unflavored Rig :)

DilFisher

Jan 27, 2016
Mobile, AL
To throw a wrench into the mix, Unflavored IS the flavor good enough to pull me away from the sticks. I purchased 2-10 ml house blends, not bad. Then 2-30 ml Suicide Bunny, Claim your throne and Derailed that I liked but not the cost. Flavors never did anything for me. Then I tried Unflavored. BAM!!!! In love and lowered my ciggy count. I continued dual use for 3 and a half months. It was not until after I had quit smoking for good, did I start to dabble in DIY and finally started liking flavors. 28 year Ex- Smoker here. I still use my Unflavored about 75% of the time. To each is there own though. I will also agree with
100%. ;) Even my DIY benefits from Unflavored. Since I mainly use it, my mixed juices only need a fraction of what others need. My highest flavor mix is only 11.5% flavoring and it tastes top notch IMO of course. My lowest is 3.5% single flavor. Hope this helps. As I sit here typing this with my tootle puffer 24 mg Unflavored Rig :)

I'm not opposed to giving anything a try. I appreciate the feedback.

Today I've been able to vape Pin up "Betty" (a fruity flavor) which has always been a favorite of mine- actually the ONLY fruity flavor I've ever gotten into, but I don't buy it much as it burns VERY fast and it's expensive. 23.99 30 ml.

I'm currently down to three mg nic level.

So as the days go like this, what I'm noticing is that MOST cream flavors, have this taste that is killing me BUT they're all tasting the same, and what I think it is, is the specific cream additive they use standing out in their mixture. And I think that additive is sticking out to me since my senses have started to recuperate. I'm going to set it down for a little, fiddle around with other flavors and go from there. If it goes away, great. If not, there are thousands of others to choose from.

Reactions: Ablonz

PinkdotJan

Feb 4, 2016
Hi, I'm new here and reading this thread has shed some light on my problem. Actually I quit two and a half years ago but in the last three weeks nothing tastes right. In fact I have the taste of tin in my mouth. I've tried every juice I make and even went to my old dealer and bought some juice. I can't stand the taste of cigarettes (haven't smoked one since I bought my first starter vapor set) so I am just wondering if you were able to fix your problem and if anything worked. HELP

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
instead of really getting punched by flavors and enjoying them more, I'm incredibly turned off if not on the verge of getting sick each drag.

I think somebody already suggested unflavored

That was going to be my suggestion. Or, ejuice with just a tiny bit of flavoring. Tastes great to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread