Joyetech Cubis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I just received a Cubis tank. I'm using a .5ohm ss coil that came with the tank. I'm running it in wattage mode at 29watts. I'm having a problem with the tank spitting hot ejuice into my mouth. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Is it spitting constantly or only at certain times? I found that mine was most likely to spit a little after the tank had set for a couple of hours with no use. I'm also using 50/50 liquid so I'm not surprised when a coil gets over saturated.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My .5 ohm coil isn't spitting at all (50/50 liquid) As I can't see how wattage settings etc could have such radical impact I'm prone to believe that it's due to variance in prebuilt coils. Have you tried more than one .5 ohm coil?

However, I just received and built a coil in the rta base and than one spits more than anything I've ever experienced (except 14-year old kids in Finland who try to be tough). Any advice on helpful hints are appreciated, particularly with horizontal coils.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I forget when I bought this blasted thing - I've never got it to work even close to 'right'. While I was close earlier today with a Invar36 build I replaced that with what I figured to be a 'reliable' Ti build.

Even worse.

Then it dawned on me - the RBA+tank is designed in such a way that you have to dryburn your contact TC coil BEFORE installing it in the RBA! :blush:

The Cubis won this round but I have yet to purchase a tank that I've not been able to build on. I'm leaving it for another day.
    :unsure:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    I forget when I bought this blasted thing - I've never got it to work even close to 'right'. While I was close earlier today with a Invar36 build I replaced that with what I figured to be a 'reliable' Ti build.

Even worse.

Then it dawned on me - the RBA+tank is designed in such a way that you have to dryburn your contact TC coil BEFORE installing it in the RBA! :blush:

The Cubis won this round but I have yet to purchase a tank that I've not been able to build on. I'm leaving it for another day.
    :unsure:

There is s way to dry burn a CUBIS:

Mactavish-Cubis DRYBURN/PULSE How To!

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
    Nov 4, 2012
    Italy
    Hey everybody I'm completely new here and stumbled across this thread when googling solutions for the problem I'm having with these Cubis 0.5ohm SS coils - the same issue it seems a lot of you are having. So I thought I'd share my experience.
    [cut]

Yeah.
    No matter what circuit you're using, you're going to have trouble.
    And this is because the Cubis' coils are actually res-nores setups*; the nores legs are made of Nickel, while the resistive wire is SS (wouldn't know which one).
    Just go with power mode.

* not my findings, after having trouble and observing huge inconsistencies the admin of an italian forum just opened one - you can clearly see the junctions.

Reactions: gerrymi

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Oh good god.... no.

I finally built a horizontal coil, dry burned it on another RBA then installed it in the Cubis. Frankly the trouble was not worth it.

Back to the junk drawer it goes.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I build the Cubis RBA with Titanium wire "spaced coils", drop it in the Egrip base, now I can test and read my ohms on the CoilMaster Tab 510. Next the adapter with the Cubis RBA goes on my DNA200, custom TCR for titanium pulsing, 7-10 watts @ 570f. Pulse the coil till purple, making sure there are no connection issues. Wick, and vape on any of my TC mods. I wouldn't want to build titanium RBA coils without having this info and feedback. And for those that like to dryburn their Cubis non TC coils, before re-wicking, the Egrip adapter lets you do this as well with your Cubis RBA's. Good luck!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I got the tank at the same time as a Cubiod. The tank sat unopened until some RBA's showed up. While I did get it going the last time I was not happy with the vape and spending more money on it escapes me.

I'm currently enjoying a OBS Crius and have 3-4 other tanks on order. I never thought of myself as a collector, just like playing with different tanks. Once I get a build working it might stay in for weeks or months. I just had to rewind/wick my 'throne room' mod after 3-4 months of use and about the same amount of tank refills.

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    There is nothing in the User Manual about the AFC...:shock:

Am I correct in thinkin' it rotates from OPEN => CLOSED => OPEN???

Hmm, not really sure why anything much would be needed as you can feel how open it is by taking a drag. Turn it to the right = fully closed, to the left = fully open.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Hmm, not really sure why anything much would be needed as you can feel how open it is by taking a drag. Turn it to the right = fully closed, to the left = fully open.

Thanx for the reply KenD...

Must be something wrong with my new CUBIS (or, more likely, something wrong with me)...as I can notice NO difference between fully right, in the center or fully left...

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Thanx for the reply KenD...

Must be something wrong with my new CUBIS (or, more likely, something wrong with me)...as I can notice NO difference between fully right and fully left...

Must be something wrong with your Cubis. Fully closed it should indeed be fully closed. As in no air whatsoever through the atty. Fully to the left should definitely be a huge difference.

Must be something wrong with your Cubis. Fully closed it should indeed be fully closed. As in no air whatsoever through the atty. Fully to the left should definitely be a huge difference.
    Not so Ken, the Cubis does NOT fully close off: it goes from maximum (turned CW) to minimum (turned CCW) draw, but still allows a tight(er) draw.

IMHO, this is a design deficiency, and partially to blame for the flooding/gurgling after refill. It should be re-designed to fully close.

I just wrote my first impressions of the Cuboid Mini kit. Unfortunately, I'm getting crippling amounts of spitback with the new Notch coil. I hope different coils or juice will change this, but it's a bit disappointing nontheless.
    Haven't seen one of these in-person, but it appears to use the same screw-on top as the Cubis, so may have the same design deficiency I mentioned above.

I found a cure for the Cubis which may (or may not?) help with the mini:

Cubis Flood Fix | Cubis/Cuboid Ruminations

installed-small.jpg

KenD

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    kennetgranholm.com
    Not so Ken, the Cubis does NOT fully close off: it goes from maximum (turned CW) to minimum (turned CCW) draw, but still allows a tight(er) draw.

IMHO, this is a design deficiency, and partially to blame for the flooding/gurgling after refill. It should be re-designed to fully close.
    Ok, tested and you're correct. It's just so tight a draw that it almost feels like no air getting through.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread