Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
Hey Chem...do you have any "Cubis tips" for someone (like me) who has a Cubis headed their way???

I have used all three coils that come with the Cubis and had varying results. I wanted to use the tank for a little while before I committed to additional coils and the AIO.

The .50 is 316ss and I think it is a little quirky. My first tank I used on the Cool Fire IV Plus in wattage mode around 25w. Way too hot so I turned down the power and used around 20-23; experienced terrible spit back. I mean molten hot lava spit back, ouch. By my third tank full on the same coil I got the hang of it and enjoyed the flavor and vapor production. I suppose this is to be a lung hit option but really if you adjust your airflow down I feel like you can get a MTL type vape. The coil lasted a full two weeks before I felt the need to change.

The 1.0 is 316 ss and I didn't like it at all. I started out around 13w in wattage mode and burned my coil right off the bat. Wasn't salvageable, so I called it a day.

The 1.50 coil are kanthal Clapton and I like them quite a bit. Maybe because I was experimenting with the other two I didn't have the same problems. No spit back, started at a lower wattage around 10w and I maxed out my usage around 12w; no dry hits. I was mindful to not allow the tank to go dry and I think the flavor was best out of the three. Didn't last a full two weeks and I was a little disappointed with that.

I'm still using the .60 coil that came with my AIO and so far I haven't had any problems that I first experienced with the .50 coil.

I primed the coils with about 5 to 6 drops, didn't allow the juice levels to get below the feeding holes on the coil, let sit for at least 5 minutes to prime and started at a lower wattage. If I let the tank sit for any length of time (I have multiple tanks going usually) I would tilt the tank and check for bubbles before using. I have experienced a few dry hits when I hadn't checked first. I only have one TC mod so I've not tried out the ss coils in that way and it will probably make a difference.

I haven't decided which coil I'm going to stick with as of yet but I'm leaning towards the 1.50 Claptons or the .60 316ss.

Whew, that was long ;)

Kevinik

Apr 12, 2016
My first used included .6 Cubis coil burned when using it the next day and it still had juice on the tank. And it was getting way too hot. Maybe I needed too inhale a few times in the off setting or I was inhaling too much. Don't really understand why it got so hot and burned the coil when it was left standing up and in the Off setting. Second coil going on a couple of days now, but I'm not chain smoking it too much.

Ordered some 1.5 Clapton coils. I wish the new Notch coils worked with this device.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
I just ordered me a few of these. I'm NOT a "new" vaper, but the more that I vape, the more I get tired of re-coiling, re-wicking and all of the work that goes into getting a good vape (not to mention the tackle box full of accessories that I have accumulated). I've purchased a few "beginner" devices along the way which I use mostly when I'm on the go. And while "beginner" devices are useful, they don't vape anything like a good tank or atty on a VW mod.
After seeing the reviews of this device I think that this is the perfect size device, that I can drop a coil into, fill the tank, shove it in my pocket and vape. Ideally this will be a good carry around device, which doesn't leak and provides a good vape with minimal effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I found the spare 0.6 coil for my AIO. I'd thrown it into my little bag I keep coiling and wicking stuff in. :)

I put it in my AIO but first I took a nail and pushed it around into the juice holes a bit. It was a big nail and only the tip would go in but by moving it back and forth a little I was able to enlarge those holes just a little bit. I didn't think it would have much of an effect since they weren't too much bigger, just kind of rounded out, but it did. I'm able to watch the bubbles rise as I vape it now and never did before. There's at least five or six little bubbles floating up each time I vape it. I think this is the best vape for me with the AIO. .6 ohm coils with the cap still on and the juice holes just a bit larger. :)

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
I found the spare 0.6 coil for my AIO. I'd thrown it into my little bag I keep coiling and wicking stuff in. :)

I put it in my AIO but first I took a nail and pushed it around into the juice holes a bit. It was a big nail and only the tip would go in but by moving it back and forth a little I was able to enlarge those holes just a little bit. I didn't think it would have much of an effect since they weren't too much bigger, just kind of rounded out, but it did. I'm able to watch the bubbles rise as I vape it now and never did before. There's at least five or six little bubbles floating up each time I vape it. I think this is the best vape for me with the AIO. .6 ohm coils with the cap still on and the juice holes just a bit larger. :)
Wish I'd known that sooner when I was still using the 0.6 coils! If I ever do decide to buy the 0.6 coils again I will definitely try that out,, :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marina2

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I ordered some of the 1.5 clapton coils too, hoping it will be a better vape for me. I'm still using the RBA head and its still working pretty good, no drop in flavor or dry hits yet, but I really don't see myself trying to rebuild that head. Seems kinda like a pain. I may try one day when I get bored but I foresee it dry hitting and having wonky resistance and me getting frustrated.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
How does the AIO compare to an Ego One? Really excited to get my new AIO especially as it is easier to refill and doesn't leak.
That's a good question. I would be interested to know how the vape quality compares. Obviously with the ego one, there are different models, all which use different coils than the AIO, and some which use temperature sensing coils.
I haven't tried either (though I have 3 AIOs on order). For me my decision to go with the AIO was based in some he very good reviews it has had, and I really like the idea of it not leaking.
If anyone has tried both, please weigh in.

mav2000

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Nice little device and great for taking when you go out. I have been using it with the 1ohm cubis coil and it works nice. Decent flavor, not too much clouds, perfect for MTL guys and stealth vaping.

One question though, I what bore are those drip tips and has anyone managed to get these on FT or any of the other Chinese sites?

I have one and I personally hate it. Really its a great device but it doesnt have any airflow adjustments. It practically forces you to take MTL hits which I've never been a fan of with vaping. I have a ROTK subego that's the same idea but it has airflow adjustments and three temp control settings and it was half the price.

My mom is out of state burying her mom who died of smoking related illness. When she gets back she wants to get into vaping to quit cigs and I think I'll give it to her. They are great for someone just coming off of tobacco cigarettes.

Reactions: gerrymi

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I have one and I personally hate it. Really its a great device but it doesnt have any airflow adjustments. It practically forces you to take MTL hits which I've never been a fan of with vaping. I have a ROTK subego that's the same idea but it has airflow adjustments and three temp control settings and it was half the price.
My mom is out of state burying her mom who died of smoking related illness. When she gets back she wants to get into vaping to quit cigs and I think I'll give it to her. They are great for someone just coming off of tobacco cigarettes.
have you tried the .5 ohm coils? much more airflow :)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Side note- if anyone was wondering about the silicone case for this, I got one yesterday. It's....okay, but doesn't really work. It seems like some devices just aren't made for a case.

The tube shape with the top over the window makes it sort of wonky. I use silicone whenever I can, but I don't think the AIO needs one. Also makes it sort of fat.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

It does have airflow adjustments....line up the dots on the cap to be max open.....the coils it comes with are more restricted, but if you like a more airy draw, get the .5 ohm cubis coils for it.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So I started off on a good note using a brand new 1 ohm coil. But it seems to be spitting back a lot. I seem to find juice in the drip tip installation area after every two or three drags..
that sounds like an issue with the coil....if you are using a higher pg mixture, you might need more airflow to keep from flooding. If your airflow is already open all the way (dots lined up on the top), then you either need to get a coil that provides more airflow, like the .5 ohm cubis coil....or, on the top of the .6 ohm coil provided, if you look inside the top, you can see a ring around the top that can be pulled out...that will open up the airflow on those coils.

Reactions: mav2000

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I kind of solved the issue by opening it up and cleaning the whole thing out. It seems like liquid was pooling up just below the drip tip and thats what was causing the problem.

thanks.

Ya that happens on mine too. I just have to take off the tip and clear it out about halfway through the tank. It's a pain...but seems to be the new standard for most tanks.

The company the comes up with a solution for condensation, flooding etc- will have my business for life.

Reactions: gerrymi

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I am interested in ordering this. Right now I use the elips c with 24 mg black note 50/50. I just seen to go through way too many atomizers using black note. 24 is satisfying for me. The aio has more power, so I guess I am asking what strength juice should I use in the aio. I am afraid 24 will be too much. Can anyone give me a good suggestion? Also, black not is not recommended for anything under .8 ciols. Should I order these Clapton 1.5 coils I have seen mentioned? I like the mtl hit. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread