KangerTech NEBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
So I set up the new unit last night and used it for most of the evening with the Ni coil.

Initially the coil read 0.33 ohms. But once it a had been fired a couple of times, I relocked the resistance and it was reading 0.21. Higher than the specified 0.15 ohms but seems Ok.

Gradually increased wattage and temp settings over an hour or so, upto 45W and 450F. Seemed to be vaping reasonably well at these settings and no leaks. I do feel that there is too much of a delay getting up to temperature, probably because the TC is poorly implemented and cannot handle high initial power and still limit temperature. I'm a bit worried about setting the wattage any higher just now though,due to the issues I had with the first device.

So I was reasonably happy with it until I re-filled it this morning, and 5 minutes later it was leaking all over the kitchen counter. Coil and base were screwed in tightly, but the coil just seems to flood too easily. I have seen a video online where the guy recommends only filling to 50% to avoid leaking which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the device. Other recommendation is to fire it upside down after filling which I will try next time.

It's very frustrating when you see reviewers stating "used this for two weeks and no leaks" and others running at really high settings with no issues, and stating that TC works as it should which is clearly not the case.

I'm willing to perservere with this as a really like the form factor, but certainly not the perfect device

Interesting regarding the capacity as I've only filled mine halfway so far incase of leaking and wasting juice. Will top it up and see what happens! :)

Regarding spit back and gurgling, I've not had any as the length of the chimney seems to stop it spitting.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Using RBA now with Nickel build at 0.1 ohms. followed video above and no leaks so far. tighter draw than the stock coil, but better flavour. Will see how it goes.

Watched this video from the same guy. Pretty damming on the temperature control.

TC test @29 mins

Good Find! Been checking for that promised video each night since he said he would do it in the quick look video. I know it is new. I figured he would give us the straight scoop if anyone would. Guess I better watch it now!

Reactions: Bru2basics

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Using RBA now with Nickel build at 0.1 ohms. followed video above and no leaks so far. tighter draw than the stock coil, but better flavour. Will see how it goes.

Watched this video from the same guy. Pretty damming on the temperature control.

TC test @29 mins

Now that the video has been watched in its entirety, I applaud Daniel for being the only REVIEWER out of the at least 25 or more who have posted reviews on this device to point out that the TC Mode on this device is an almost total failure. I am disappointed and appalled that he did not point out that this condition is DANGEROUS in the hands of an inexperienced user and deserves nothing less than an immediate cessation of manufacturing, an recall of all malfunctioning devices, and a public apology by Kangertech for rushing to market with a device without an adequate QC Program in place.

I feel that Kangertech rushing this unsafe device to market in this manner will unduely expose uneducated users to potential health risks from ingesting chemicals produced by overheated coils and greatly adversely affect the vaping communities fight with legislators all over the world for the unregulated availability of these devices to remain on the market.

When a manufacturer with the worldwide reputation of Kangertech releases an unsafe product to market in this manner with out an immediate recall, it will only provide the FDA, World Health Organizations and Legislators around the world with the ammunition they need to ban the availability of these devices altogether!

Last edited:

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Now that the video has been watched in its entirety, I applaud Daniel for being the only REVIEWER out of the at least 25 or more who have posted reviews on this device to point out that the TC Mode on this device is an almost total failure. I am disappointed and appalled that he did not point out that this condition is DANGEROUS in the hands of an inexperienced user and deserves nothing less than an immediate cessation of manufacturing, an recall of all malfunctioning devices, and a public apology by Kangertech for rushing to market with a device without an adequate QC Program in place.

I feel that Kangertech rushing this unsafe device to market in this manner will unduely expose uneducated users to potential health risks from ingesting chemicals produced by overheated coils and greatly adversely affect the vaping communities fight with legislators all over the world for the unregulated availability of these devices to remain on the market.

When a manufacturer with the worldwide reputation of Kangertech releases an unsafe product to market in this manner with out an immediate recall, it will only provide the FDA, World Health Organizations and Legislators around the world with the ammunition they need to ban the availability of these devices altogether!

I'm with you all the way on this one mate, gonna contact my vendor for a refund as this thing is not fit for purpose. I honestly can't believe they would release a product advertised as temperature protected and not actually implement the protection part. I dont want to recreate the results by vaping my tank dry and ending up with an oxidised ti coil!
For us early adopters though I don't see any course of action other than returning the devices as there is no firmware upgradability. What will you do Tpat591?

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'm with you all the way on this one mate, gonna contact my vendor for a refund as this thing is not fit for purpose. I honestly can't believe they would release a product advertised as temperature protected and not actually implement the protection part. I dont want to recreate the results by vaping my tank dry and ending up with an oxidised ti coil!
For us early adopters though I don't see any course of action other than returning the devices as there is no firmware upgradability. What will you do Tpat591?
As I said in other thread, I believe a fix is in the works right now. I have the mod I ordered two days after this one backordered until the end of the month right now. That isn't just because they are selling so many of a very controversial and problem plagued mod. Hopefully it will be a two to three week delay and working units will arrive to a location near you. It is too big of a screw-up for them not to fix it immediately.

I will probably use this until the Red one I ordered arrives & hopefully that one will work fine. Then I'll contact Breazy and tell them now that I have a working one I realized the early black one was malfunctioning right along and request replacement under warranty. Just have to check their return policy.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Not sure what to do with mine. Might keep it for non TC use, maybe With the new Clapton coils when they are out.

Don't expect Kangertech to replace the existing units though.
They will have to. Once this is documented as not user error, they will have no choice but to stand behind it. They know what they did.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
can someone do a cotton burn test with this device with nickel preferably, or ti at 420°F full wattage.. then post sum pics up before and after of the coil.

In the video above about 29min in, Daniel was doing cotton burn tests with Ni200 and Ti. Not only did it burn the cotton in the coils but it torched the coils with temps exceeding 1,200 degrees f. We are well beyond cotton burn tests. These are COIL BURN TESTS!

Right now I am set at 60W @ 260 deg f and receiving a vape comparable to a DNA200 @ 480 deg f. If I take two back to back the second one is hotter! Temp control is a total failure and all over the map in these preorder units. I preordered two of them 2 days apart. Received 1 and was informed the other would be delayed in shipping from Kanger in china until at least 11/17 with expected delivery at end of month. Kanger obviously must have shut down product to fix the problem I HOPE!

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Screen grabs from Daniel's Video of the Temperature Control Bar Charts for Nebox if anyone needs these to prove the temperature Control is not working too well on this mod.

NI200 Mode:
sp: 300 deg f Actual: 1240 deg f
sp: 400 deg f Actual: 1240 deg f
sp: 450 deg f Actual: 876 deg f

upload_2015-11-15_7-12-51-png.506110

TI T1 Mode:
sp: 300 deg f Actual: 1330 deg f
sp: 400 deg f Actual: 1120 deg f
sp: 450 deg f Actual: 974 deg f

upload_2015-11-15_7-15-46-png.506112

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
can someone do a cotton burn test with this device with nickel preferably, or ti at 420°F full wattage.. then post sum pics up before and after of the coil.

upload_2015-11-16_2-51-0.png
upload_2015-11-16_2-53-45.png

1st Pic is Ti coil that survived the 300 deg f test covered with titanium dioxide, 2nd pic is nickel coil that failed during the 300 degree test Think that is pretty conclusive.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Kanger Nebox Starter Kit - New Concept Temperature Control

Not a cotton burn test but Bru2basics vaped his tank dry and just for giggles wanted to see what would happen if he kept pressing the button at 40w @ 180 deg C in the above post. That is about 350 deg f - Notice the white crust on the coil that he believes is Titanium Dioxide.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015

Here it is, best I could get but the coil does look white and as you can see the cotton completely disintegrated. This was caused by pushing 40watts at 180°c on a dry tank. Coil is/was spaced titanium 26g grade 1.
6 wraps came in at .23 on all my meters, nebox read it at .27! I could see the coil glowing down the chimney and the smell was nasty
img_20151116_082355-jpg.506324

This device is nothing if not down right dangerous!

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
I've just had this reply from the vendor I emailed over the weekend and it seems to be a pretty typical response to test the water so to speak. I'm gonna throw everything I've got in an email now and hope that they have the sense to question kanger as it appears they know nothing of the issues YET!

Hi I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this, are you using the Kanger NI200 coils or are you building your own coils in the RBA section? Can you notice the resistance fluctuating? Please provide me with as much information as possible so I can assist you.

Regards
David

Hi David

I hope you will be able to help me, I'm experiencing some issues with the Nebox I received this week. It would appear to have some sort of defect in the software that is preventing the temperature control from working properly. I've experienced some rather concerning results when using the nebox with both ni200 and titanium regarding the temperature accuracy and indeed the ability of the mod to regulate the temperature correctly and has resulted in some very unpleasant dry hits and on one occasion Ti02 has formed on a titanium coil. As you are aware this is negating the entire point of temperature control. There are a number of reports on various forums of this occurring and I feel that Kangertech will need contacting about this matter to see if they are aware and if so what they intend to do about it. I've included a link to a review that has just come to light showing some of the issues I've described.

Any info I get back or find on the web I will post back here or should we be starting a dedicated thread so that we don't get into a mess like the vtc thread?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I've just had this reply from the vendor I emailed over the weekend and it seems to be a pretty typical response to test the water so to speak. I'm gonna throw everything I've got in an email now and hope that they have the sense to question kanger as it appears they know nothing of the issues YET!

Hi I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this, are you using the Kanger NI200 coils or are you building your own coils in the RBA section? Can you notice the resistance fluctuating? Please provide me with as much information as possible so I can assist you.

Regards
David

Hi David

I hope you will be able to help me, I'm experiencing some issues with the Nebox I received this week. It would appear to have some sort of defect in the software that is preventing the temperature control from working properly. I've experienced some rather concerning results when using the nebox with both ni200 and titanium regarding the temperature accuracy and indeed the ability of the mod to regulate the temperature correctly and has resulted in some very unpleasant dry hits and on one occasion Ti02 has formed on a titanium coil. As you are aware this is negating the entire point of temperature control. There are a number of reports on various forums of this occurring and I feel that Kangertech will need contacting about this matter to see if they are aware and if so what they intend to do about it. I've included a link to a review that has just come to light showing some of the issues I've described.

Any info I get back or find on the web I will post back here or should we be starting a dedicated thread so that we don't get into a mess like the vtc thread?

PMed my email to my vendor to you in case any of it helps you in preparing your reply. For now, since we are blazing the trail for others I would say posit it here. It is not like this has become an I love Nebox thread and we all seem to be in agreement these units have some issues. If people were fighting I would say another thread was needed but not in this case yet. Lets see how they react first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread