Key Lime Pie success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
I just made up a quick 5ml batch of Key Lime Pie for my wife from page 79 of Paddymx's recipe book on the share drive. She has been asking me to make Key Lime Pie for her since the day I started. It came out wonderful! I just dripped some immediately after mixing and it is better than some of the KLP that I had bought for her in the past. The wife says she might like a little more lime in it, but I told her we were going to let it steep for a bit before we add anything. The only change that I made to the recipe was that I added 2 drops of saline to it for the salt.

I started getting worried as I was adding the cheesecake flavor to it. That stuff just smells terrible. It works really well in this recipe. I tried playing with it a couple of times before and it was absolutely horrible every time.

Thank you Paddymx and jfountain2 :thumbs:!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I peeked at that recipe (all TFA, 10% Key Lime, 5% Cheesecake Graham, 5% Cheesecake) to see how it compares to one I made up and enjoy. I use much lighter flavor, also TFA, 3% Key Lime and 3% Cheesecake Graham. They go really well together, mmm, and I like plenty of graham flavor. A drop or two of Coconut Candy is a tasty addition, too.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I peeked at that recipe (all TFA, 10% Key Lime, 5% Cheesecake Graham, 5% Cheesecake) to see how it compares to one I made up and enjoy. I use much lighter flavor, also TFA, 3% Key Lime and 3% Cheesecake Graham. They go really well together, mmm, and I like plenty of graham flavor. A drop or two of Coconut Candy is a tasty addition, too.

We've been gonna give that one a go for a long time, but always passed due to the heavy flavorings... Do you use both cheesecakes @ 3%, or only the Cheesecake Graham?

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
We've been gonna give that one a go for a long time, but always passed due to the heavy flavorings... Do you use both cheesecakes @ 3%, or only the Cheesecake Graham?

I only use Cheesecake Graham. For some reason the plain Cheesecake makes my stomach turn a bit, so I got rid of that one. ;)

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
I just made up a quick 5ml batch of Key Lime Pie for my wife from page 79 of Paddymx's recipe book on the share drive. She has been asking me to make Key Lime Pie for her since the day I started. It came out wonderful! I just dripped some immediately after mixing and it is better than some of the KLP that I had bought for her in the past. The wife says she might like a little more lime in it, but I told her we were going to let it steep for a bit before we add anything. The only change that I made to the recipe was that I added 2 drops of saline to it for the salt.

I started getting worried as I was adding the cheesecake flavor to it. That stuff just smells terrible. It works really well in this recipe. I tried playing with it a couple of times before and it was absolutely horrible every time.

Thank you Paddymx and jfountain2 :thumbs:!

Your welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread