Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I've only been through 4 pads since I got my supply. I've been splitting it in half and using the outer thin layer it seems to wick faster this way.... I tried using just the middle fluffy stuff (separating the outer thin layers) and it didn't work as good? Tastes so pure!

wow i have been doing the exact opposite and removing the outter layers and using the middle layer, Seems to wick much better with the outer layers removed.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
That's not the koh gen do but it is japanese cotton...... I personally like the koh gen do brand.... But to each their own...... It is hard to get, for the time being..... But you got some... You're good to go. that's alot of wicking... You could change it out everyday for a few years and still have a good supply.

Same exact stuff, Just doesnt have the Koh Gen Do name. What are you noticing thats different from Joh Gen Do? I am curious.. Seems to be the exact same.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Wicking the same way, koh gen do seems to taste better... To me... Its cleaner. My b&m gave me some Labo and that's just what I noticed it also seems to wick better and the reason I say that is I can vape every drop without a dry hit......the other stuff will have more juice left in the cotton and I notice it starting to dry hit??? Koh Gen do is noticeably softer.... Labo feels more of a solid pad?? Again this is just what I've experienced in a side by side comparison

Last edited:

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
wow i have been doing the exact opposite and removing the outter layers and using the middle layer, Seems to wick much better with the outer layers removed.
There are at least 4 of those outer layer sheets with fluffy cotton in between so even if your taking the outer sheets off and discarding them...... there are at least 2 more that you are still using its just the outside perimeter of your wick is that fluffy cotton.

JRZROB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
NJ
I'm also using Labo Puff from Amazon (200 pads for $14). Working the same for me as KohGen in mainly RDA's and a Kayfun. I just split the pads in two and cut the strips as needed for wicks. I have not been discarding the outer layer of the pads and they have been fine for me. Going to try just the middle cotton of these pads on my next re-wick to see if there's a difference.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Ugh, just checked dermstore and they are out of stock.. 60 pads of legit KGD with free shipping would've been awesome. Last time, I paid $5.50 for a pack of Japanese cotton pads (not kgd brand) from my local b&m; and it only came with 4 pads.

Good stuff though. You guys must've bought it all up!!
... Hopefully this last pad will me until it's back in stock, or I find the same deal somewhere else
:ohmy:
Is there much of a difference between real KGD, and the other brands of Japanese Organic Cotton pads?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread