• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    i felt absolutely horrible today... Went to a creek and there was a kitten left there. The place is a known 'dumping ground' for all kinds of critters (alive and ... not) :mad:
    I couldn't take kitty home with me for two reasons: dogs and allergies.:(

The good thing is that lots of folks go by there and pick up the little guys. Two years ago someone left a whole carrier of pups there and our husky had just that day gave birth to 9 :shock: so we couldn't take them home but our neighbors drove by there an hour later and they were gone kennel and all. /relief/

My biggest dream is one day becoming rich so I can have a huge no kill rescue center for critters of all kinds.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Hello.. new here :)

Figured I'd introduce my girls since they're my best buds.

The grey is Chloe, I've had her since I was 17. This pic is her informing me that there is going to be a massive amount of snuggling while I housesit for my parents (who my cats live with since I can't have them at my place - this is temporary >.<).

The little tortie is Tory (full name - Victoria Sassypants McWaffle). Got her a year ago with my ex and when we split I kept the kitten.. who is now a cat and likes to go zoomie at 4am.. why did I keep the kitten? ;) Kidding.

Anyway, hi from me and my girls!

04526c79-b0af-441a-9c8e-463c263bd75a.jpg

20140621_193806-picsay.jpg

Beautiful kitties Megs!

Welcome to the women's room :)

I have 7 kitties and they have me.

View attachment 363198
    The twins are 14 and hang with Tabby (yup, inventive, I know) who's just 13
    View attachment 363199

Itty Bitty's 12

The "kittens" are all almost 8
    View attachment 363202
    Ludo's mom left him in a field (his mom's also Tabby's) and I raised him by hand after 1 week old. Maine .... blood.

View attachment 363200
    Then Myrtle showed up on our doorstep as a month-old covered in motor oil.

And Blackest was found meowing in a stripped-out truck in the yard without a mom for 24 hours so we brought her in at about 1 week. She looks like Toothless!

The two black cats are Itty and Blackest.

I'm so glad that you are able to give a home to all the kitties :)

Welcome :)

i felt absolutely horrible today... Went to a creek and there was a kitten left there. The place is a known 'dumping ground' for all kinds of critters (alive and ... not) :mad:
    I couldn't take kitty home with me for two reasons: dogs and allergies.:(

The good thing is that lots of folks go by there and pick up the little guys. Two years ago someone left a whole carrier of pups there and our husky had just that day gave birth to 9 :shock: so we couldn't take them home but our neighbors drove by there an hour later and they were gone kennel and all. /relief/

My biggest dream is one day becoming rich so I can have a huge no kill rescue center for critters of all kinds.

Oh, no. I hope that someone rescues the kittne. I wouldn't have been able to take it home either- and would have felt just as bad about it.

One nice piece of news is that a friend felt so bad for me about my beastie, that she rescued a kitten in his name. Her family had found it and taken it to a shelter. She went and got it back. It's fixed and chipped and she's trying to find it a home. The named the kitty Smokey Joe (and while she vapes sometimes, she had no idea that the owner of the forum used that as his screen name)

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Being home is making it easier, but it's also making it a bit more real. sigh. I couldn't let myself think about it while i was gone.

I was also able to pick up his ashes on the drive home. I'm incredibly grateful to the person who found him, checked his tags and called the vet, and then helped my poor house sitter get his body. I would never have known what happened otherwise.

Same here! I want to eventually be a foster home for kittens and puppies. Someday I'll adopt a dog (hopefully a boston terrier and/or pit bull) that I can give all my attention to.

It breaks my heart seeing abandoned animals because I've seen the distress in beaten and abandoned animals' faces. Paco came to the farm with bright red toenails and an extreme submissive attitude only seen in physically abused dogs. Everyone who met the Boston terrier/chihuahua mix (at best guess) fell in love with him.

I should have been a vet tech. Maybe someday I can save up my money for the schooling.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407661672.679583.jpg oh, Monte. He thinks he's my boyfriend. Gives me all the cuddles I need when I'm sick (or perfectly healthy). I'm twice his age, but he loves me anyways.

On a positive note, isn't it great when you slow blink at a cat and they do it back? Isn't it wonderful when a friend's cat warms up to you by petting themselves with your hand? Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside (and on the outside, too).

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Same here! I want to eventually be a foster home for kittens and puppies. Someday I'll adopt a dog (hopefully a boston terrier and/or pit bull) that I can give all my attention to.

It breaks my heart seeing abandoned animals because I've seen the distress in beaten and abandoned animals' faces. Paco came to the farm with bright red toenails and an extreme submissive attitude only seen in physically abused dogs. Everyone who met the Boston terrier/chihuahua mix (at best guess) fell in love with him.

I should have been a vet tech. Maybe someday I can save up my money for the schooling.

We have a Boston Terrier/Chihuahua mix named Paco. Paco is my dog's father/ grandfather... I know 'inbred'. :facepalm::laugh:

<-------------- That is Bruno. My sweet and goofy little guy.

krijmo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2011
    A, A
    Bubba Jay Blue (bullmastiff german shepherd) and Eisenhower (Ike) Seymour Fats aka Donger (big white and orange tabbby) definitely have me! I bought a new bed this year and upgraded from a full to a queen so we would sleep better. There's a dog bed in every room of this house but the kitchen and they both have more toys than any kid on this block. They eat better than me too! 362.jpg

krijmo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2011
    A, A
    He is on the large side. They both are. Both are very lucky rescues. Bubba was removed from a home who was mistreating him, and Ike was found by a friend of mine after his owners kicked him out on the street after they moved from their apartments. They don't know how close either of their butts were to being in a shelter, but they will never know now. Bubba is 70 lbs, he came to be at 54 lbs. Ike is 13 pounds. He came to me at 9 pounds. Boy likes to eat! That's why we call him Donger. From the movie Sixteen Candles. He got it from how he trots to his food bowl. DONGER NEED FOOD! Lol! But I'm the luckiest rescue of all. So I had to go with the bigger bed :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread