• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ladies, do you have pets? Or do pets have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summerlovin

Jul 17, 2014
Louisiana
I have 3 dogs. A bichon mix (shelter dog), a cur mix (shelter dog), and the newest member is a puppy my husband picked up for free from a coworker-ish person. She is a tiny thing and is mixed pekingnese, maltese (I don't see it), and I think some type of terrier---but she is super cute. All of our dogs are girls and are part of family.

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Window cats

window cats 07-24-2014.jpg

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Had a new water hauler guy come this morning.. My girls are both in heat so Arka is out in the 6ft chain link area and wanted him to stay there until the water guy came and I would be distracted from watching the group directly.. Don't believe any containment system is fool proof when left alone unsupervised when there is motivation of ....... in standing heat.
water tanks are 6 to 8ft from the Chain link area, Arka alerted, barking , jumping pacing for his arrival and for the guy setting up to dump the water, he laid down quietly once we started talking while the tanks were filling.. Out of no when the guy is putting the hoses up, he just starts walking over to the chain link with his hand reached outward at Arka and before he could even get (Does he bite) out of his mouth Arka slamed into the chain link at him.. And the guy backed off...
This is a guy who was just talking about his Son's Great Pyrenees being so intolerant and territorial and knowing from asking about him that Arka was a guardian breed too.. ?????
People even with experience and knowledge just don't think..... around animals ???

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
It always amazes me Patricia! We always had at least one dog when I was a kid, and my parents taught us that you NEVER pet a dog without asking the owner first. They also taught us how to read a dog's body language. I saw how our sweet, lovable, affectionate german shepherds turned into terrifying, snarling, vicious monsters when they thought someone was threatening one of us kids!

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
yes when dogs were allowed to protect their kids :) :) we always got the talk.. "" "" we would drive up to my parents friends house and my dad would see they had a dog... he would park in the drive way turn around and look at the 3 of us and give us the talk.. They have animals,,,,,,, don't get them in trouble......... they not your dog.... you don't know what they know....... understood......

lol... it made sense about not messing with others animals... always being respectful that they not ours (we have our own) .. don't bother other peoples animals ...

Catmom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2011
Blue Ridge Heaven
Had to take Angus to the vet this morning. He woke up with goopy eyes, his left eye barely open, and he's been sneezing for a week or so. Sneezing is not anything unusual for Angus, but the eye discharge is. I pulled the carrier out into the middle of the living room first thing this morning so he wouldn't run and hide if I waited until the last minute. He jumped right in it and never got out. Three hours later, when it was time to leave, he was still there. I just shut the door and fastened it. He didn't even get out to eat when I dished out their lunch. So the vet gave him a long-acting anbiotic injection and put some eyedrops in. She knows there's not point in sending us home with eye drops, she had to get a tech to come in and they had to wrap him up in a towel and the tech hold him while the vet put the drops in his eyes, and she still had a hard time!

Anyway, he ate as soon as we got home, and now he's sleeping again. Snoring, but Angus usually snores anyway. I just hope Basil and Daisy don't get what he has.

Megs

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
Oswego, NY, USA
Hello.. new here :)

Figured I'd introduce my girls since they're my best buds.

The grey is Chloe, I've had her since I was 17. This pic is her informing me that there is going to be a massive amount of snuggling while I housesit for my parents (who my cats live with since I can't have them at my place - this is temporary >.<).

The little tortie is Tory (full name - Victoria Sassypants McWaffle). Got her a year ago with my ex and when we split I kept the kitten.. who is now a cat and likes to go zoomie at 4am.. why did I keep the kitten? ;) Kidding.

Anyway, hi from me and my girls!

04526c79-b0af-441a-9c8e-463c263bd75a.jpg

20140621_193806-picsay.jpg

I have 7 kitties and they have me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514513.061139.jpg
The twins are 14 and hang with Tabby (yup, inventive, I know) who's just 13
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514574.221119.jpg

Itty Bitty's 12

The "kittens" are all almost 8
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514924.290861.jpg
Ludo's mom left him in a field (his mom's also Tabby's) and I raised him by hand after 1 week old. Maine .... blood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514691.130722.jpg
Then Myrtle showed up on our doorstep as a month-old covered in motor oil.

And Blackest was found meowing in a stripped-out truck in the yard without a mom for 24 hours so we brought her in at about 1 week. She looks like Toothless!

The two black cats are Itty and Blackest.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514785.253867.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407514785.253867.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Seven cats? Are you crazy???

Oh wait, I have seven cats too. Welcome to crazy :)

I wasn't a cat person growing up (but an animal-lover) and my then-boyfriend, now-husband, had many cats. His family was always the take in strays type and now live on a farm with about 60 cats and 2 dogs. All the females are spayed as kittens and when freshly caught. That's where most of our kitties came from... Kittens that wouldn't really have made it otherwise. Our twins were adopted by my MIL when they were young so they wouldn't be euthanized and I thank my lucky stars for that.

And all the jerks that just drop animals off in the country need to just not own animals. Some abused dogs have been dropped off over the years (5 in 20 years) and have made great pets to at least one person in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread