Looking for a Good Big Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Hi All,

I´ve been vaping for about 7 week with no cigs after 40 years of smoking :banana:

I use an Aspire K1 on top of an istick tc40 and am very happy with it. I am a MTL vaper at 10W I love this tank because it NEVER floods or leaks and it is cheep.

The only problem is it holds very little and I am always filling it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
In overall cost of tanks, I don't think the Nautilus is overpriced. However, if you want something for a bit less, you can take a look at the CeroTank, available on eBay. It uses coils from a number of vendors, including Aspire, and might be closer to your price point. You can also look at the Joytech AIO. It includes both battery and tank for under $20.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you still want to use tanks that require replaceable coils, the ones below are considered the best of the best.

The Best Vape Tanks & Clearomizers for 2016 - Vaping Insider

If you are ready to try winding your own coils, then start with a Kayfun Lite Plus V2 or a Kayfun 3.1. Both are great vapes and aren't that hard to learn to build.

The Squape (R) is an even better rebuildable with a little more flavor than you've experienced so far, but it's a little less forgiving until you learn how to build it and seal the juice channels to prevent leaking. Once you learn to build it right, it's rock solid.

YouTube is your friend for learning how to build a coil and wick a tank.

Reactions: Dan40

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    One of the tanks I use is an eTank S2 (Vapecrawler). Close to 5ml capacity, and since I vape more or less 1ml a day, it'll last me at least 4 days. The biggest (as far as most resistance) pre-made coil head that I've found is 1.5 ohm, which is the lowest resistance I prefer.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    Those look like great tank but are sub om tanks if I am reading it correctly, which is something I don´t want to get into at the moment. I like MTL

Can be subohm, but I use 1.5 ohm on the cubis and 1.0 ohm on the tron...and I vape them at 8 watts. I'm a MTL toodle puffer.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    I chose the Kanger Subtank mini to stock up on for ease of use and the ability to use 3 different coils that I can rebuild with a simple horizontal spaced coil at 1.5 ohms with 30 gauge Kanthal and cellu cotton (rayon): 1. OCC coils and the RBA, 2. ProTank coils, and 3) Aspire BVC Replacement (NON Nautilus). In the future, hopefully, at least one of these coils will be available when and if I am no longer capable of rebuilding. :)

Reactions: GeorgeS

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    Can you touch on the differences or pros/cons of these 2 tanks (and coils) ?

Well they are both joyetech and rather cheap as tanks go. Other than that it's like apples and oranges (totally different). Both have adjustable airflow. I believe both have nickle coils available but I only use kanthal or stainless on wattage mode.

The cubis is top fill and pretty leak proof (but does tend to be gurgly after refilling). My wife likes the cubis. The coils come in .5, .6 (for the AIO), 1.0, and 1.5 (clapton), and a rba. Pretty much personal preference. I use the 1.0 or 1.5 strictly for longer battery life and using less liquid but for the best vape (clouds bro) I would use the .6. The AIO and the new egrip v2 use the same coils.

The Tron-s is an update on the ego one tank...with much better window and airflow control. It is bottom fill. The coils are .5 or 1.0 or the clr rebuildable 1.0. With the ego one tank I never much liked the .5 or 1.0...they leaked a bit...plus I want the capability to rebuild. So I switched early to the clr and have been happy with it. That's the only coil I have used in the Tron. I believe they now have an update to the update with a newer version of the ego one but haven't tried it. I like to have one coil that works on a lot of tanks so I have the Tron, the ego one, the egrip, and the wismec amor tanks that all use the clr coil.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    When it comes to little tanks and little coils, the K1 is hard to beat. I often think it outperforms its bigger brother the Nautilus. Sadly Aspire and others never made a larger tank that uses the K1 coils.

The Nautilus is the next "step up" from the K1 series. Larger coils and larger capacity comes with a price and some pitfalls which many tanks have - flooding and leaking.

The way these bottom coil tanks work is that the space between the top of the juice and the top of the tank provide negative pressure so that your juice does not run out the air holes. However put the tank in a hot car and allow it to "warm up" and that negative pressure will turn into positive and at the least flood the atomizer and more than likely leak out the air holes.

The next step up in my book from the Aspires is the Kanger Subtank mini. Larger coils, larger capacity and the smallest air hole draws about the same as the largest one on a Nautilus. (not as tight as a K1)

As long as you don't leave any of these tanks out in hot summer sunlight or a hot car they are fairly reliable and leak free.

Nautilus and Subtank mini (and top tank mini (top fill version)) clones can be had at FastTech for < $15 a copy. Nautilus and STM/TTM clone coils can also be had ~$1 a copy in packs of 5 at FastTech.

Out of all the tanks I use daily I still have a K1 and full size Nautilus mounted and in service.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    The cubis is top fill and pretty leak proof (but does tend to be gurgly after refilling). My wife likes the cubis. The coils come in .5, .6 (for the AIO), 1.0, and 1.5 (clapton), and a rba. Pretty much personal preference. I use the 1.0 or 1.5 strictly for longer battery life and using less liquid but for the best vape (clouds bro) I would use the .6. The AIO and the new egrip v2 use the same coils.

The Tron-s is an update on the ego one tank...with much better window and airflow control. It is bottom fill. The coils are .5 or 1.0 or the clr rebuildable 1.0. With the ego one tank I never much liked the .5 or 1.0...they leaked a bit...plus I want the capability to rebuild. So I switched early to the clr and have been happy with it. That's the only coil I have used in the Tron. I believe they now have an update to the update with a newer version of the ego one but haven't tried it. I like to have one coil that works on a lot of tanks so I have the Tron, the ego one, the egrip, and the wismec amor tanks that all use the clr coil.

Nicely covered my question, thank you, grimwald.

Was looking for alternative to the Nautilus, which I absolutely dislike, in every way, esp. the way it "looks". LOL I guess I'm in the minority on that tank. Just hated filling it, using it, etc.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    The Vapor Giant 2.5 with the polycarbonate tank holds 17ml of juice. Big enough?

97Qlweu.jpg

wA6I99L.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread