Mech/Box Mod to go with Magma RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Here's another, I like to do micro versions of the silliness you see online.
I have a lot of free time ;)
image.jpg

A little secret: these fancy coils tend to work worse than a plain old standard coil.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
My Stainless Magma sits on a SS Panzer cause I think they just look like they were made for each other. But if I was going to do a Mgma on a VW, I`d go with a black Mag on top of a Black k-box, would look very good. Or any black box for that matter, really.

If you find just the right size of gasket to put into the channel at the top of the AFC ring it will hardly leak at all, if you mind how you fill it, make sure the open holes are horizontal as you tilt it back slightly, it will NEVER leak. I have found that .3 ohms with 26 gauge is my perfect vape on it, it will get VERY hot if you push it lower. OH, IMHO, it does`nt like VG heavy juices due to the vertical climb of the wicks, but 50-50 does good.

Have fun.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Here's another, I like to do micro versions of the silliness you see online.
I have a lot of free time ;)
View attachment 484433

A little secret: these fancy coils tend to work worse than a plain old standard coil.

They look nice, and so you just do them for the enjoyment then, if they aren't as good as a standard coil?

My Stainless Magma sits on a SS Panzer cause I think they just look like they were made for each other. But if I was going to do a Mgma on a VW, I`d go with a black Mag on top of a Black k-box, would look very good. Or any black box for that matter, really.

If you find just the right size of gasket to put into the channel at the top of the AFC ring it will hardly leak at all, if you mind how you fill it, make sure the open holes are horizontal as you tilt it back slightly, it will NEVER leak. I have found that .3 ohms with 26 gauge is my perfect vape on it, it will get VERY hot if you push it lower. OH, IMHO, it does`nt like VG heavy juices due to the vertical climb of the wicks, but 50-50 does good.

Have fun.

The pegasus clone and plume veil clone I ordered are both stainless steel rainbow plated, so they should look pretty nice together. When I started off all I wanted was big clouds, now I really just want that flavor. I have been ordering 85%-100%vg juices, I just ordered two custom blends (30mL bottles each) with 70pg/30vg.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
To the OP, if you're looking for a tube mod that resembles a mech (a little) but has all the functionality and safety offered by a VV/VW, you might like the Provari P3.

Although expensive and I believe max 30w.

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually looked at the P3 a lot before just deciding to get a mech.

Jordannn15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
The MVP Pro is a good mod. Power is well regulated. If you find a mod suggested, go to the APV sub-forum and search for it. See what is said by others. Some explode.

The P3 is also a very good mod, but doesn't come box style, limited in power, and expensive.

The MVP Pro 3.0 was my first mod. I liked it but battery time with the non replaceable batteries wasnt good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread