Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I like the coil master package. I'm surprised they haven't yet offered grooved shanks for spaced coils. Maybe different wire gauges will require different groove widths. In any case I did find a screw lying around that I guess is one eighth inch that helped me create a nice spaced coil. A little wider than idea but you can squeeze 24 gauge wire nicely on a coil master shank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use the coilmaster for spaced coils. Just pull out with pliers when wrapped then push back together. Springs out by itself, perfect every time and easy.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I use the coilmaster for spaced coils. Just pull out with pliers when wrapped then push back together. Springs out by itself, perfect every time and easy.

You saved me the time to answer. I started coil building with builds for tiny squonk atties, so they were all tight CONTACT coils. When I moved to larger RTA's, I went for SPACED, but didn't know how to do them, tried the threaded screw idea, it was not great, and you were limited to the screws thread spacing. Then I saw how easy and simple it was to make a contact coil as before on my CoilMaster rods, and then pull the ends apart, then push them together again. Most gauges you don't even need pliers, just your fingers.

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
Posted this in another thread. You collect a lot of junk over the years including this screw. Which finally found a purpose. Spot on 3mm ID, wrapped some 24 ga SS316L into it from Lightning Vapes, then took it out and squeezed into a coil master shank. Yup that's a Merlin base. It's beautiful, no? [emoji847]

5f00b2168b3887482d4298526c944ded.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ended up taking it apart a second time and stripped the copper center screw when I put it back together. I have a backup so got it out. I have had a third one on order from efun for a month and a half and still haven't gotten it. They said I have to wait 60 days before they will do a refund. I'll think twice before ordering from them in the future.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I ended up taking it apart a second time and stripped the copper center screw when I put it back together. I have a backup so got it out. I have had a third one on order from efun for a month and a half and still haven't gotten it. They said I have to wait 60 days before they will do a refund. I'll think twice before ordering from them in the future.
    Thanks for the warning... I almost ordered from them. 60 days??? eff that.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know! This was the first time it's taken this long but it seems like their shipping is slower than other China vendors. I ordered from FT, 3fvape, and another vendor after I placed that order and received them all much quicker.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2016

Jeez tell me about it. I had the same problem and the only solution was buying a 50-pack of the copper screws from fast tech.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2016
    I have a stupid question. How can this RTA have a 4ml capacity with the chimney taking up half the tank? It doesn't look like there's any e-liquid inside the chimney.

When the tank is half filled and I empty it, it looks like there's only liquid in the thin space between the sides of the chimney and the tank. It drains very slowly and very little e-liquid comes out.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 31, 2013
    Minnesota USA
    Any atomizer that has a chamber in the tank is where it loses most of its capacity, the portion above the chamber, and below the cap is where the majority is held. The portion you mention is the smallest part of the tank and probably holds somewhere around .5 ml.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I just put a Merlin back into my rotation, and filling with a 5 ml syringe it seemed like just a little over 4 ml fit in. Granted, I wasn't paying close attention as I wasn't doing it specifically for this purpose, but it was certainly well over 3 ml.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
    Oct 21, 2016
    you can test it like many reviewers do by vaping it dry and filling it with a 5ml syringe.

I just put a Merlin back into my rotation, and filling with a 5 ml syringe it seemed like just a little over 4 ml fit in. Granted, I wasn't paying close attention as I wasn't doing it specifically for this purpose, but it was certainly well over 3 ml.

According to the Mike Vapes review, he got 4.5ml in the tank. I'll try paying attention to how much I put in next time I fill it.

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread