The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Augvape Merlin Mini By Roxy

Discussion in 'RTA' started by MMW, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    That's what I do the burping technique lol! Just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ricks

ricks Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I have them

• Like Like x 1
  3. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    That's my point. You tried them. I have done MTL on this and it vapes well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carnage9270

Carnage9270 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2015
    Washington
    Yeah I'm pretty impressed with the mtl on this...it's a thirsty bugger though. Just the way I like it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    The OBS Engine Nano is a 100% leakless tank. Best Tank I have ever used and the best at MTL. It is also great for direct lung.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Your review of the Nano made me pull the trigger. I don't have an answer for you besides the Mini works both ways for me. I dtl 80% of the time. The Goblin mini and Nano aren't mtl tanks but you made them work that way. If you're satisfied with the Nano, that's all that matters. I'm psyced to get mine for dl.

• Like Like x 3
  7. kelstasy

kelstasy Full Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Philippines
    So far so good, I just had a problem changing the deck but fine now tested the single build clapton 6 wraps 3mm, first vape I think a juice came in but the rest flavor running it at 75 watts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. budd77

budd77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2016
    That's what I was going to say as well. Twisted coils spit a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ricks

Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    You like that it goes thru liquid quickly? I like mine slow...

10. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    The liquid doesn't vanish into some other dimension. If it goes through juice fast it's because of your input parameters: wattage, your draw, the air hole diameter etc. You can adjust those accordingly to give you what you want. If it has the wicking ability to go through juice fast, then that is an advantage imho, as many other atomisers can't wick fast enough, even if you force them to.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Carnage9270

Carnage9270 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2015
    Washington
    Exactly, you get a dry hit on one of these, you did something horribly wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  12. soulseek

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    I don't have the Merlin Mini but it's on its way. I think with all the positives people are saying about this (along with the previous Merlin) both from DTL and MTL vapers, they can't all be wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  13. athousandyears

athousandyears Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Texas
    Just got the Merlin Mini yesterday and I'm loving it so far. I did read a review saying that it shouldn't be used with a hybrid mod. I am looking at getting a Revenant Cartel 160 and wondered if there would be a problem.

14. kelstasy

kelstasy Full Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Philippines
    Single coil works for me I can taste the good flavor, but my problem was the dual coil deck, getting leaks but not that massive. I'll try to swap the oring just like what you did and give an update.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    The term "hybrid" refers to a direct to battery connection on a mechanical mod where the atomizers positive center pin makes direct contact with the top of the battery with no pin in between. The Cartel is a regulated mod with a standard, pinned 510 connection. So you will be good to go.

• Like Like x 3
  16. kelstasy

kelstasy Full Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Philippines
    All good with the dual post deck after changing the o rings and not locking it too tight no more leaks, I'm not even using the upside down method, @irisev you saved my merlin mini mate:thumbs:

• Like Like x 4
  17. irisev

irisev Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Glad to be of help!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ThunderDan

ThunderDan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    The dual coil deck still wicks much better than the single coil deck for me. Started using a method of wicking with the single coil deck that doesn't actually force the wick up out of the juice channels from the negative pressure from tightening down the top cap, but it still doesn't wick great. Never a dry hit, just can tell it isn't keeping up, TC prevents the dry hit, but the vape isn't as warm and saturated as it should be.

I should have returned it when I had the chance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    If your juice channels are not throwing up a big gloppy air bubble after every 2 or 3 nice pulls you know a dry hit is incoming.

The mini is great but is a messy little beast. My fingers constantly juice sticky when operating it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. soulseek

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Not for me. I believe you either have a faulty one or you're wicking it wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.