Augvape Merlin Mini By Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hi all, here I share my exp. Merlin Mini is 100% leak if you put top cap back. Its a physic. You cant beat physic , what ever air compressed so it will press the air to escape. But I found upside down technic can cheat that leak.
1. Change the top cap O Ring with your spare, find thinner O Ring so you can put top cap without difficulty. Then lube it when you want to put top cap.

2. After the refill put top cap just for 1 turn. Just enough to seal the liquid but not to close top cap. Then put the atty up side down until all air reach the liquid channel.

3. In the position upside down put top cap completely closed (turn it until full closes) so the pressure just pushing air to juice hole. Then turn the atty back. And thats will be fine.
That's what I do the burping technique lol! Just in case.

Reactions: Eskie

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Your review of the Nano made me pull the trigger. I don't have an answer for you besides the Mini works both ways for me. I dtl 80% of the time. The Goblin mini and Nano aren't mtl tanks but you made them work that way. If you're satisfied with the Nano, that's all that matters. I'm psyced to get mine for dl.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
The liquid doesn't vanish into some other dimension. If it goes through juice fast it's because of your input parameters: wattage, your draw, the air hole diameter etc. You can adjust those accordingly to give you what you want. If it has the wicking ability to go through juice fast, then that is an advantage imho, as many other atomisers can't wick fast enough, even if you force them to.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
The liquid doesn't vanish into some other dimension. If it goes through juice fast it's because of your input parameters: wattage, your draw, the air hole diameter etc. You can adjust those accordingly to give you what you want. If it has the wicking ability to go through juice fast, then that is an advantage imho, as many other atomisers can't wick fast enough, even if you force them to.
Exactly, you get a dry hit on one of these, you did something horribly wrong.

kelstasy

Dec 9, 2016
Philippines
The dual coil deck certainly works, a bit too well! Lol. A couple of days with it and my 3mg juices = nic overload! 

After reading @Heartsdelight advice of trying a clapton coil in the single coil deck as a possible solution to my wicking issue, I thought what the heck, why not.

Now, when swapping out the dual coil deck for the single, I realised that when I previously swapped out all the black o rings (thinking the problem was a vacuum issue) there was one I had not changed - the one located on the bottom of the deck. I had overlooked this one because I had left the deck screwed in. So, I decided to change it. And hey presto!! Single coil clouds bro! 
No more anaemic hits after just a couple of hits. I'm now seeing good bubbles without having to open up the top fill. Ie it's wicking good now.

Seems like the problem actually was a vacuum issue. Something like a situation where rather than the tank's vacuum sucking in juice into the wicks, a leak (due to the bad o ring) would instead allow air to be sucked in??

Strange though cos the 'bad' o ring doesn't look bad at least to my naked eye. Maybe a tolerance issue with its size or something.

You can see in the pic below the culprit o ring along with me pointing to where it's located on the dual deck (same thing applies to the single coil deck):

View attachment 629745

@pappasmurfsharem I suggest u try changing all ur o rings.
Single coil works for me I can taste the good flavor, but my problem was the dual coil deck, getting leaks but not that massive. I'll try to swap the oring just like what you did and give an update.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Just got the Merlin Mini yesterday and I'm loving it so far. I did read a review saying that it shouldn't be used with a hybrid mod. I am looking at getting a Revenant Cartel 160 and wondered if there would be a problem.
The term "hybrid" refers to a direct to battery connection on a mechanical mod where the atomizers positive center pin makes direct contact with the top of the battery with no pin in between. The Cartel is a regulated mod with a standard, pinned 510 connection. So you will be good to go.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
The dual coil deck still wicks much better than the single coil deck for me. Started using a method of wicking with the single coil deck that doesn't actually force the wick up out of the juice channels from the negative pressure from tightening down the top cap, but it still doesn't wick great. Never a dry hit, just can tell it isn't keeping up, TC prevents the dry hit, but the vape isn't as warm and saturated as it should be.

I should have returned it when I had the chance.

Reactions: budd77

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
If your juice channels are not throwing up a big gloppy air bubble after every 2 or 3 nice pulls you know a dry hit is incoming.

The mini is great but is a messy little beast. My fingers constantly juice sticky[emoji4] when operating it.

Not for me. I believe you either have a faulty one or you're wicking it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread