Mesh, Cable and Resistance-Morphing Wire: (Finally) A New Frontier for Genesis Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Alright, there have been a number of threads around here on using mesh/cable (aka Genesis atomizers) whilst making use of the capabilities of temperature-controlled devices. I've followed all of them, and interest in the concept appears (to me) to be growing - or, at the very least, present in enough density that exploring its impact on what we know as 'the Genesis vaping experience' is becoming more and more relevant each day.

True, the OG purists are out there, to whom this thread may not much pertain. Much love to all of you - Kanthal A1 resistance wire is what I've been using for close to a decade. It occupies a deep and coveted place in my heart. But what I've been exposed to these past few months has decidedly turned my personal tables in a direction I feel I cannot turn away from.

I speak of the entire gambit. The frustrating first steps, initiating late-night research on differing wire materials' specific heat and thermodynamic properties and translating that information into a paradigm that I can find some relation to. Not to be forgotten, of course, were the trials, tribulations and catastrophes in learning how to work out hot spots with these sensitive coil materials, and - finally - the glaze that formed over my eyes as I exhaled the result of my first sensationally successful application of temperature control to my favorite style of atomizing.

Vaping changed my life.
Genesis changed vaping.
And now, after years of relative stagnation (which does not imply non-enjoyment, but rather lack of innovation), a particular grade of Titanium wire has changed 'Genesis' for me. The intricate mosaic of familiar experience has been filled in with vibrant color which, before, had only surfaced in unanticipated spurts or due to beautiful accidents during a building process. In fact, I'd argue that, for me, what little innovation - that is, a fundamental evolution in the pleasure of the experience - was due solely to innovations in the wicking materials and associated processes, rather than circumstances attributable to the properties of the coil itself.

My question for this small corner of an otherwise overwhelmingly diverse culture is two-fold:
1.) Can you relate? Whether the evolution of your enjoyment of Genesis atomizers have taken root in the type of device or technology you use, or whether it came down to the difference between using stainless steel, Ni200 or Ti, it does not matter. I would love to hear how Genesis vaping has gotten substantially better for you in the past short while.

2.) This topic interests me because I'm purely a Genesis vaper, and while small innovations to the fundamentals of the design of Genesis units lead to marginally increased pleasure overall, IMO there has never been such a great leap for the Genny community as that which I now see overtaking crops of respectable, noteworthy, and truly "OG" vapers who have been through and seen it all.

As an aside: The impetus for this post was the recent introduction of Sweet Spot Vapors' ASTM F67 medical grade titanium wire (0.4mm) to some of my most coveted Genesis atomizers. Unlike Nickel, which has the limitation of being able to be run only on temperature-regulated devices, SSV Ti wire is suitable for unregulated, variable voltage and variable wattage vaping, as well as temperature-restricted/controlled chip technology.

For the most part, I'm up there with the most "old school" of vapers. Given this fact, I believe it speaks volumes that I can use - and, yes, still thoroughly enjoy - all my devices using various methods of Kanthal and Nichrome coiling and yet experience a deep, longing desire to return to using SSV Ti wire to bring about an experience I really hadn't conceptualized until now.

The most exciting part about all of this for me is that products and implementations of them along the lines of what I've described seem to have created a resurgence of the relevancy of Genesis vaping in the global vaping community.
Where there's smoke, there's sure to be fire, and with renewed sense of passion for the art of constructing coils using finicky materials and a great deal of practice, patience and dedication, skywards appears to be the only direction our little corner of the vaping galaxy is poised to take from here on out.

And that's a grand thing for all of us.

~ vaya

Reactions: Taff Evans

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
the 'new wire' is nothing of the sort. It is an overhyped and overpriced scam. It is merely grade 2 Titanium wire that Sweet Spot have made a whole fantsatstic story around and duper many people out of their money. The information they supply on their website is bogus nonsense! Just saying...

And yes, you can use Ti in VW vaping but you had better be sure you dont screw up. If you dry out the wick, you will start to get TiO2 formation on the wire surface and this is possibly toxic.

There is a whole thread on ECF about titanium wire, safety and usage including a discussion of the Sweet Spot rubbish by a qualified metallurgist...

Vaya

ECF Veteran
All opinions are welcome. However I've tried multiple types of Ti wire in the past. Hated it as much as nickel. Then I tried this. It looks, and physically behaves, as well as Vapes, completely differently. At least that's my experience, and that of like 6 others in my vaping circle.

Anyway, this post isn't meant to be a promotion for SSV. It's meant to start a conversation related to the topic in the threads title.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
All opinions are welcome. However I've tried multiple types of Ti wire in the past. Hated it as much as nickel. Then I tried this. It looks, and physically behaves, as well as Vapes, completely differently. At least that's my experience, and that of like 6 others in my vaping circle.

Anyway, this post isn't meant to be a promotion for SSV. It's meant to start a conversation related to the topic in the threads title.

That's fine but it is just a bit odd given that the wire is certainly nothing special and, in some ways, inferior to Ti that can be obtained of higher purity and a much lower price!

Anyway, if it works, vape on!!! :)

Cheers

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread