Clouds of Vapor CoV1 Genesis atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
I was at CoV ordering some drip tips and I came across the COV 1 genesis atty in the "new at" section, and figured for $25 I'd give it shot. For the price I was expecting not necessarily crap but a fiddly poor vaper. It turns out it was delivered the same day as my AC9 so I never even opened the box. I finally opened the box today and all I can say wow!! This thing kicks ..... The airflow is spot on, but also it's well designed ( to a degree, there are minor flaws but doesn't effect the vape). This is also the easiest genesis I have put together and built a coil on. The posts are so easy to work with and are placed perfectly. On top of all this, the flavor and vapor being produced with just a standard wick (using 325), and whatever wire it came with (I think its 32 awg ni-ch). Now I have my own KAnthal A1 mesh in 32, 30, and 28 awg, but haven't tried it on the CoV1, it's just not needed.

I don't own a DID, but I think its very different in design, build and size, even though it has a similar look. I just can't believe how great of a vape it is and I do own an Atom Bomb and an AC9. I honestly think it's a better vape than both, I really do. Now there are a couple of design flaws. One the the top cap is a screw on, and when it's fully tightened, the airhole isn't near the wick, so I have to back it out a 1/4 turn. Also the drip tip included is a tad wobbly (but my drip tips fit fine). Lastly the ground post and drip hole use the smallest allen wrench I have ever seen (it's included, but do not lose it). You can finger tighten, but they are tiny.

All this being said it vapes like a champ, setup is a breeze, amazingly easy, the quality is decent and all for only $25. I can't recommend this thing enough, even for veteran genesis users. You will see. One thing is for sure it's my vape of choice. Again for $25, same price as a custom HH357, you get superb vaping genesis atty. Time will tell on the quality, there are a couple of tiny silicone washers that I'm not sure can be bought on their own, I doubt it, and it is made in China :(.

Please don't hate on me for comparing it to the Atom Bomb or the AC9, I'm just comparing the vape and flavor, not build quality and is my honest opinion. I will vape the CoV1 more.
Added: vaping Boba's Bounty on a 1.5ohm coil @ 3.8v. Wicking great!! superb flavor!!
COV1.jpg COV2.jpg
cheers!!:2cool:

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
The Chid? That's friggin awesome, LOL. I don't have access to that forum. I have mine setup with a 200 .16mm mesh wick, and its just a freight train. Best vape ever. This 200 mesh rocks!!!, At least for Boba's it does. I got it from McMaster Carr.. Also bought the 200 .21mm, but haven't tried it yet, haven't felt the need. I can actually chain vape boba's, but yet it doesn't over-wick when not vaping. Amazing flavor and vapor. you gotta try it, never a remotely dry hit, no tilting needed.

Last edited:

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Im game. On here looking for another genny style. Have a line knockoff and a modded Vivi. I have avoided anything without a clear tank or some type of window until now. How do you gauge when its time to refill????
I own a DID clone, and I went to Tractor Supply and got an Ideal Instruments 12mL syringe(thanks whoever discovered that!) and now I have a clear tank. Check this pic, sorry not the highest quality picture, taken with my 5megapixel iPhone camera.

photo(2).jpg

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The Chid? That's friggin awesome, LOL. I don't have access to that forum. I have mine setup with a 200 .16mm mesh wick, and its just a freight train. Best vape ever. This 200 mesh rocks!!!, At least for Boba's it does. I got it from McMaster Carr.. Also bought the 200 .21mm, but haven't tried it yet, haven't felt the need. I can actually chain vape boba's, but yet it doesn't over-wick when not vaping. Amazing flavor and vapor. you gotta try it, never a remotely dry hit, no tilting needed.

To get access to the Co-Op forum you have to be 'Verified'
How To Become A Verified Member t5759

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have just recently purchased one of these and cant find any instructions on setting it up. Could someone lend a hand?

Check out youtube user igetcha69. He will set you up nicely. If there is anything you dont get after watching a couple of his videos just PM me. Watch a couple from a couple of months ago as he doesn't go into great detail anymore because he did so much in the past. Any genesis setup will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread