Not open for further replies.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
for those of you still rocking the Bap, the 1A charger will fit nicely once you remove the old CA glue, and the mount posts for the 500mah charge board :D
No other trimming required? Thought I'd have to whittle a little on the inside and the door.

Reactions: Vince159

Sniffle

Co-op Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2011
Moody, Alabama
No other trimming required? Thought I'd have to whittle a little on the inside and the door.
I had to enlarge the hole for the USB charger just ever so slightly..., it doesnt quite sit in the same spot, and it sticks out a hair further, done slowly you can honestly barely tell until you sit them side by side

20150705_081243.jpg

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
This was posted in my Evolv thread, thought it might be of interest here:

Cotay said:
In anticipation of receiving our boards, I started a running list of 3S LiPo's that are max 95mm in height and 25A capable. Here is what I have so far; I'll be adding more as I find them:

DNA200 LiPo Battery Options - Google Docs

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Another excellent post from @Cotay

Cotay said:
Hi Mike,

Since most LiPo makers use the same handful of global cell manufacturers, I find the most important concern is production quality. It really seems that the American and European manufacturers are superior in their production and materials selection. If I were choosing a 1000mAh-1100mAh 30C range LiPo that is reasonably priced and sized, I’d probably choose one of these offerings (in no particular order of preference):

1. Venom (Venom Group | RC Batteries, Chargers, and Accessories):

a. 15106 (67 x 35 x 19.5)

Both ATOMiKRC: (Venom 35C 3S 1000mAh 11.1v LiPO Battery For Aquacraft Minimono Brushle | Atomik RC) and

RC Planet: (Venom LiPo 1000mAh Universal Battery Pack (VNR15106) | Batteries | RC Planet) are good places to buy.

2. Hyperion (Hyperion shop): (Note: these are 1100mAh, but size wise they are not much bigger than most 1000mAh 30C options)

a. HP35C11003S (68.6 x 34.4 x 21)

b. HP45C11003S (70 x 34.4 x 20)

c. HV60C1200S3 (68 x 33.5 x 19.5)

The only place that consistently has these in stock is All e RC: (http://www.allerc.com/batteries-lithium-polymer-batteries-hyperion-premium-lipoly- c-3_4_93.html)

Note: I’m using a Hyperion HV60C0900S3 900mAh in my small version of my latest design in the forums.

3. Electrifly (ElectriFly | LiPo Batteries):

a. GPMP0830 (66 x 36 x 18)

You can find these also at RC Planet (Great Planes LiPo 3S 11.1V 1000mAH 30C Electrifly Ult Plug (GPMP0830) | RC Plane) and Hobby Zone (HOBBY ZONE - LiPo Batteries: Great Planes - LiPo 3S 11.1V 1000mAH 30C Elctrfly w/Ult Plug)

4. Flightpower (FlightPower | Premium Quality LiPo Batteries):

a. FPWP3103 (1000mAh)

These are also available at RC Planet (Flight Power FP30 LiPo Battery (FPWP3103) | Batteries | RC Planet)

and Hobby Zone (HOBBY ZONE - FlightPower - LiPo FP30 3S 11.1V 1000mAh 30C)

For building your own packs, it’s getting a bit more difficult to find loose cells these days, but three places I’ve seen that still sell them include the following:

Lipo Raw Cells Radical RC

3.7V Hi Power Polymer Single Cells

All-Battery.com: High C Rate LiPO Cells & Rechargeable Battery Packs

For getting customized cells, you might want to try calling MaxAmps (Award Winning MaxAmps RC LiPo Batteries Lifetime Warranty or Thunder Power (Thunder Power RC/Avance Mobile Accessories to see if they might be willing to make them; maybe 50 is a sufficient MOQ.

Some other goods places to order pre-made packs are: Hobby Partz (LiPo Batteries) and Cheap Battery Packs (cheap batteries for rc car, Lipo battery and charger, airplane battery - CheapBatteryPacks.com)

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Another excellent post from @Cotay

Hi Mike,

I saw one error I made in that post. The third Hyperion 1100mAh battery part number should be HP45C11003S (70 x 34.4 x 20). That's the 45C version of Hyperion's G3. I inadvertently listed the G6 as the third option (Part # HV60C0900S3), which is a HvLi 900mAh battery.

Reactions: mikepetro

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
DNA200 Mod Resource List

This is intended as a "Community Supported" consolidated resource list, so that this stuff doesnt get lost.

Please add to it, lets make it a solid resource!

The Entry Form can be found here:
DNA200 Related Resource Submission Form

The Resource List can be viewed here:
DNA200 Related Resource List

Please note that this was quick and dirty so far, if you see any problems, or have suggestions on how to improve it, please speak up.

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
DNA200 Mod Resource List

This is intended as a "Community Supported" consolidated resource list, so that this stuff doesnt get lost.

Please add to it, lets make it a solid resource!

The Entry Form can be found here:
DNA200 Related Resource Submission Form

The Resource List can be viewed here:
DNA200 Related Resource List

Please note that this was quick and dirty so far, if you see any problems, or have suggestions on how to improve it, please speak up.
Nice work Mike, is it OK to post a link to the list, not the submission form, on another forum?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Nice work Mike, is it OK to post a link to the list, not the submission form, on another forum?
Yes, post it wherever you like. All you need to do is post the LIST link as the LIST has a link to the submission form at the top.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
@mikepetro

A while back I was reading a conversation somewhere about battery spring contacts and the DNA40. So, we know it requires good contact on the battery or you will get a weak battery message on the DNA40. Most of the Italian BF modders use a negative spring and plate that puts just the tip of the wire that makes up the spring against the negative. These give you consistent weak battery messages at 50% charge over 20 watts... Someone, and I cannot for the life of me remember who or where was talking about a similar spring connector that had a flat at the top and as well had better plating than just chrome...

Ring any bells for you? Or any of you other modders? :D

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
@mikepetro

A while back I was reading a conversation somewhere about battery spring contacts and the DNA40. So, we know it requires good contact on the battery or you will get a weak battery message on the DNA40. Most of the Italian BF modders use a negative spring and plate that puts just the tip of the wire that makes up the spring against the negative. These give you consistent weak battery messages at 50% charge over 20 watts... Someone, and I cannot for the life of me remember who or where was talking about a similar spring connector that had a flat at the top and as well had better plating than just chrome...

Ring any bells for you? Or any of you other modders? :D

@FearTX
upload_2015-7-14_12-36-31.png

5230 Keystone Electronics | Mouser

And break off the tab where it makes the 90 degree bend.

upload_2015-7-14_12-36-20.png

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Thanks.

A friend gave me some coil spring contacts that had a flat loop at the top where it made a complete circle of contact with the batt. The top of the loop was flat and they were silver plated. He gave me three of them. Like a fool I installed it in a mod that I was fixing for a friend then even more foolishly upgraded two more mods for friends and went back for the source of where to buy them to upgrade my mods. They were given to him by someone who worked in the electronics industry and he no longer had the guys contact info. With that spring in a 22650 italian squonker the DNA 40 would give weak battery errors when the battery was at 3.3 running at 35 watts. With the stock spring from the modder the dna40 will give weak battery running at 35 watts when the battery hits 3.5 or 3.6 and sometimes even 3.7.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
DNA200 form Mikes Round 7 CoOp.
20150717_042833_Copy.jpg

Between a Hana and one on my DNA40 builds.
20150717_152612_Copy.jpg

Hammond 1590A box, cut out the bottoms of the pillars and one side of the ridge in the lid.
Nano-Tech 950 mAh battery.
XT30 battery connectors.
Balance socket on about 1.5" of wire.
Mounted with M1.6 10 mm screws, threads tapped into case, 5.1 mm spacers made for some micro-bore tube I had kicking about.
Buttons made form cut down 5 mm shelf pins.
VariTube 510 with stretched spring & -ve ring made form old 3/4" copper pipe split and flattened.
Battery wires 18 AWG silicon.
Output wires 14 AWG silicon.
Balance wires 30 AWG silicon, 28 AWG would be better.
A bit of pencil eraser at the top to keep the battery pushed down.
Cut out out template from @Pdizzle.

20150717_053625_Copy.jpg

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
[posts from the CoOp thread]

Had a little tidy up I shortened the battery wiring and as posted before I put a cut carto condom behind the screen as it was just some random foam that I shoved in before and it works very well for those of us to cheap or impatient to order high temp double sided tape just doing one mod.
BTW the battery on the left the heat shrink split in a fraction of a second on the corner with medium heat, the same heat I used on the battery connector for about 10 seconds.

20150719_002005_Copy.jpg

20150719_003721_Copy.jpg

===================================================================

The pics above just gave me an idea for common grounding: I could make 510 ground ring from Cu sheet (or split and flattened pipe for to cheap or to impatient modders) with the tab extending to go between one of the Cu board mount spacers and the case and solder those together and use the ground ring as the common ground solder point.

===================================================================

@VapingBad , can you tell us what screws & spacers you used to install the board? I've been looking for that for a while, but can't find anything....

The screws were M1.6 10 mm, recommend socket head.

The spacers were some micro-bore copper water pipe I got from a heating spare shop years ago and is 3.1 mm OD. I cut them roughly to length then sanded them down with a fibre disc on a Dremel to get them to exactly 5.1 mm so the USB sits flush with the outside of the case.

I have also used 3 1.6 mm washers so the ends of the screws don't poke out, but will grind them to length before I'm finished. And anti vibration washers would better, but I haven't found a cheap supply for small quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread