Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Hi guys, the gram scale I had was broken so picked up one today and now I need some basic info for mixing by weight.

What is the weight of 1 ml of VG?

What is the weight of 1 ml of PG?

Can I use the same weight as PG for flavorings that are PG base?

Same with Nicotine, can i use the same weight as PG for nicotine in a PG base?

Thanks for the help guys.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I had high hopes that this would work. The old eyes are having more and more problems seeing the lines in the graduated cylinder. Well I took a 20ml plastic bottle, put it on the scale, turned the scale on and proceeded to drip flavoring into it. I dripped about a ml and it still read "0"..grrr. Not gonna work. I got the glass cylinder out and poured 8ml of my VG/PG/nic base in it and poured the .8 ml I needed from the plastic bottle into it and the rest back into the original bottle. Finished doing my recipe and went did some other stuff.
Then I decided to try something else. I put my 10ml glass cylinder on the scale and zero'd it out. Poured 8 ml of my base in it and it was working!!! Ok recipe calls for .8 of this. drip drip drip drip and next thing I knew, I have added .8. Looked at the scale markings and they was dead on the money. .4 ml of this and .4 ml of that and the recipe was done. Its not exactly a gnats ... but way close than what I been having with the squinting at the lines and lining it up just perfect in the light so I can see it and the masking tape on it to help me see those itty bitty lines better.
This will make mixing a LOT easier for me. Not bad for a $15 scale in a gas stations store. :)

Reactions: amoret

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Hi guys, the gram scale I had was broken so picked up one today and now I need some basic info for mixing by weight.

What is the weight of 1 ml of VG?

What is the weight of 1 ml of PG?

Can I use the same weight as PG for flavorings that are PG base?

Same with Nicotine, can i use the same weight as PG for nicotine in a PG base?

Thanks for the help guys.

• Weight of PG: 1.038 grams per ml
  • Weight of VG: 1.26 grams per ml
  • Weight of Pure Nicotine: 1.01 grams per ml

• Weight of 100mg in PG: 1.035 grams per ml

• Weight of 60mg in PG: 1.03632 grams per ml

• Weight of 50mg in PG: 1.0366 grams per ml

• Weight of 48mg in PG: 1.036656 grams per ml

• Weight of 36mg in PG: 1.036992 grams per ml

• Weight of 24mg in PG: 1.037328 grams per ml

• Weight of 100mg in VG: 1.235 grams per ml

• Weight of 60mg in VG: 1.245 grams per ml

• Weight of 50mg in VG: 1.2475 grams per ml

• Weight of 48mg in VG: 1.248 grams per ml

• Weight of 36mg in VG: 1.251 grams per ml

• Weight of 24mg in VG: 1.254 grams per ml

But the easiest way is just to use this website. It does the calculations by weight for you. You just enter what PG/VG ratio, what nic level, and what flavors you want and it will break it down by weight.

Also, your scale likely isn't good enough. You will need a scale that can measure down to the centigram (0.01g). There are a couple of them you can buy on Amazon for anywhere from 20-30 dollars. Most people recommend this one.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yes, you need a scale that goes to .00 . Mixing by weight is by and far the easiest and most accurate method (regardless of our need for cheaters). Make sure to take a look at the thread Panny posted. Welcome the the Weight Club.

I agree and before long will get the one Big Ego linked. By weight is a lot easier than having to squint all the time.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Reactions: chopdoc

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
When I first started mixing by weight, I took, for example, if my recipe called for 5mls of nic, I drew the 5mls of nic in a syringe, and weighed it. I did that also for the pg, and vg. That came pretty close to what I see in post# 9. This was kinda the long and hard way, but I was sure that I was getting pretty close to what I had been using before doing this by weight.

Reactions: chopdoc

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I've looked through first post of that thread. Just awful. Completely wrong numbers
Please, do not use it.

I didn't read it. Now that you said something I went back and yea, pretty much that hole thread is whack.

When I first started mixing by weight, I took, for example, if my recipe called for 5mls of nic, I drew the 5mls of nic in a syringe, and weighed it. I did that also for the pg, and vg. That came pretty close to what I see in post# 9. This was kinda the long and hard way, but I was sure that I was getting pretty close to what I had been using before doing this by weight.

The numbers be numbers. They aren't wrong. I would trust the theoretical numbers more than I would trust number from a volumetric device because I have no way of knowing if the volumetric device is accurate or if I'm reading it accurately. If you know what I mean. But, if they were at least close to each other, it gives you a confidence that you are probably on the right track.

Reactions: oplholik

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
From post#9
  • Weight of PG: 1.038 grams per ml
  • Weight of VG: 1.26 grams per ml
  • Weight of 60mg in PG: 1.03632 grams per ml
What I ended up with
PG: 1.0389 grams per ml
VG: 1.260 grams per ml
Nic: 1.0369 grams per ml

Pretty close :)

I just use 1.26 for Vg and 1.03 for every thing else if I'm not using a pre-set juice calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread