More underage people putting ecig vaping videos on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Obviously we hit a grey area with this situation. I personally do not agree with six and think the defenition of DOS needs to be defined in respect to youtube and it's users videos. I remember hearing something that we (as students) are not allowed to upload our work to youtube because it voids our ability to enter contests as youtube claims ownership over it. Vimeo is the only allowed site to upload.

Since youtube removes the reported videos that may be there own it might not be a DOS attack.

simply me

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
california
Could be FDA's kids. Lets see, steal parents CC. Order supplys, get in the mail, start charging them and then stand on the corner passing them around. Come ON now. Parents are not that stupid, when my grand children come to the house they do not touch my PV. Touch and die. Now when I smoked one of my kids would steal them and most of the time I didn't notice it. My PV came up missing I would be a mad woman. Unless these are very rich kids I just don't see this happing. To easy for them to get a real cig. Also they think cigs make them look cool. Kids look at me like I'm nuts. Yea could be kids that FDA put up there to try to decieve people.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Since youtube removes the reported videos that may be there own it might not be a DOS attack.

Google terms state that interrupting service to a single user is a denial of service to that user. - When it boils down, it is just plain censorship. Someone says something someone else doesn't want to see or hear, so they device a plan and encourage a few helpers to flag the videos for illegal drug use among other things and complain to youtube... Youtube has a mostly (99.999%) automated system for content removal. So, they've found a way to censor someone. - No different than burning books. Destroy the content so no one else can view it.... because they just don't like what some kid is doing or what he has to say. Censorship pure and simple with a dash of false illegal drug use claims just to make it interesting.

I am personally aghast at that behavior.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Until they are 18, minors can't exercise their rights; It is up to the parents. So if we are censoring these people on youtube, we are censoring minors.

Remember this is an international community. In many places 12 year olds are considered legal adults with full rights. You gotta be careful not to start an international incident with that thinking. Your 18 and up rule does not apply to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread