Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
is that a pdib? I thought that was one of those VR mods.... I didn't last long in the stab wood department. Pdib is still at it...so there's hope!

Last I heard, Pdib is done when he finishes up his current list. I have two of his. Mine aren't stab wood. I prefer natural wood pieces. One of mine is cocobolo, the other is Honduran rosewood. I love them. They never leave the house.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It's a pdib shell (affectionately referred to as a "nutcase"). It's got gdeal gDNA style internals (3D printed internal frame) and 3D "printed" metal end-caps.

Here's another one with brass rather than sterling silver end-caps:

i4UoqQu.jpg
Beautiful

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Last I heard, Pdib is done when he finishes up his current list. I have two of his. Mine aren't stab wood. I prefer natural wood pieces. One of mine is cocobolo, the other is Honduran rosewood. I love them. They never leave the house.
I'm with you. I get thrown off by the dyes and the resins. Seems like the tree would get mad....

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My original oil/wax finished walnut one goes everywhere with me.

0Xet9Fa.jpg

No, it's not the fanciest looking one. That's why I'm willing to take it everywhere. :D

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
No wonder they don't leave the house! Those are gorgeous!

I love them. In my smoking days, I spent a good deal of time and money collecting nice briar pipes. I smoked more of them, actually, than cigarettes. So I can appreciate nice wood grain, and wood finishing. In addition, they also hit as well as any mech mods I've ever used.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Now that is nice.

It's a pdib shell (affectionately referred to as a "nutcase"). It's got gdeal gDNA style internals (3D printed internal frame) and 3D "printed" metal end-caps.

Here's another one with brass rather than sterling silver end-caps:

i4UoqQu.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
My original oil/wax finished walnut one goes everywhere with me.

0Xet9Fa.jpg

No, it's not the fanciest looking one. That's why I'm willing to take it everywhere. :D

It's beautiful.
I love natural wood. I have six REO Woodvils, which are all oil finish. But I love the CA finish Peter is doing.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
No wonder they don't leave the house! Those are gorgeous!

Mine actually do leave the house.

They go out on the town with me.

Just not to work.

But I'm home so rarely, it'll take 30 years to ruin them at this pace.

Might as well just say they don't get out. I think I actually may have at some point. (Aside from the wife's gdna nutcase that actually doesn't go out)

Wife's gdna was a Drunk_J / pdib collaboration. DJ did the internals, button and drip tips.

My babies...
Pinch
Pinch (Twin)
Punch (Twin)
CC (Dready custom)
TheCopper

pGpoA8H.jpg

Tapatyped

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's beautiful.
I love natural wood. I have six REO Woodvils, which are all oil finish. But I love the CA finish Peter is doing.
The CA finish produces absolutely stunning looks. But it does not feel like wood in the hand. I think my final Pinch will be another oil/wax finish.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The CA finish produces absolutely stunning looks. But it does not feel like wood in the hand. I think my final Pinch will be another oil/wax finish.

Yeah, that's the trade off. I especially like the feel of natural wood, in hand; especially cocobolo. A couple of my Woodvils are natural coco. But the CA finish on my Pinches is stunning to look at. But it does take away from that natural wood feel.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Mine actually do leave the house.

They go out on the town with me.

Just not to work.

But I'm home so rarely, it'll take 30 years to ruin them at this pace.

Might as well just say they don't get out. I think I actually may have at some point. (Aside from the wife's gdna nutcase that actually doesn't go out)

Wife's gdna was a Drunk_J / pdib collaboration. DJ did the internals, button and drip tips.

My babies...
Pinch
Pinch (Twin)
Punch (Twin)
CC (Dready custom)
TheCopper

pGpoA8H.jpg

Tapatyped
Those are all beautiful mods!
Being the Clone Queen, I just can't make myself spend that kinda money ;)
That being said, most of these mods cost more than my next two gun purchases. Next up on my gun list is, S&W Model 60 .357 and 30 days later I'm gonna pick up a H&K P2000 9mm.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
.[/QUOTE]

It's just one of those things that you just have to have. I always justify it by the , how much would I have spent on the cigarette habit thing. I use to spend about 450 ish a month for smokes, so buying a 4 to 5 hundred dollar mod that will last a lifetime doesn't seem bad. No difference to a gun I guess, both can save your life

Now that is nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Those are all beautiful mods!
    That being said, most of these mods cost more than my next two gun purchases. Next up on my gun list is, S&W Model 60 .357 and 30 days later I'm gonna pick up a H&K P2000 9mm.

Think I know about that one! :w00t:

Been known to spend more for a set of side plates than any of those mods cost!

like these
    so6eell_zoom005.jpg

My dad built this rifle in 1946, (I've since passed it on to my grandson).
    I have no idea what he paid for that piece of wood, but even as a 5 year old I appreciated the amount of time he spent working on it.
    1946 Mod 70 (transition) 30 Belted Newton (30-338)

5336newton_zps5503ea4b.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread