Most expensive vape gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I don't care why. I know that my Authentic KFun does not rust my clone does. Same juice. I can only guess they used a lesser grade of stainless steel.

I do not argue your expertise. I do know what I have experienced.

What brand clone?
Was it the screws?
That I would believe. Ive seen it happen.
Cheap steel screws.

I dont believe a stanless steel deck rusted from e juice.

Thats alot of markup for SS screws.

Reactions: thetrucker

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
What brand clone?
Was it the screws?
That I would believe. Ive seen it happen.
Cheap steel screws.

I dont believe a stanless steel deck rusted from e juice.

Thats alot of markup for SS screws.
No it was not just the screws. The inside of the chimney rusted though the screws were worse. As for brand who Knows? Fasttech does not always tell you what brand a clone is and it was a couple years ago and long since hit the trash.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
No it was not just the screws. The inside of the chimney rusted though the screws were worse. As for brand who Knows? Fasttech does not always tell you what brand a clone is and it was a couple years ago and long since hit the trash.

Hmmm...chimneys are SS on every clone Ive ever seen. And Ive seen alot of them.

I even bought a drillpress for a shop so I could drill out the airflow on kayfuns.

Either way, your experience is atypical.
Today, clones are made in large factories, with state of the art equipment, with better tolerances than smaller shops can achieve.

Many authentic modder even sell clone atomizers for their mods.
REO comes to mind.
;)
"You get what you pay for" has never applied to the nuthouse that is the vape industry.
Ever.

Reactions: thetrucker

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
That's just the tv in my vape room that I never watch......we have 3 other TV sets........that we watch equally.......
TV set now there's a word combo ya don't hear often anymore. Last tube TV I owned was in storage and gave away for free. we spoil ourselves (and kids each has a 32" led mounted) only rooms without a TV is cat room and bathroom lol sadly even laundry room has a 50" that never gets used man cave doesn't have a TV per say but rather a 126" 3d dlp pj and custom alr screen

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You all are brainwashed by each other and repeat things that just aren't so. Once you hear one post saying clones are just as good, you then repeat it down the road , spreading bs, eventually actually believing it, Come on , stop trying to make yourselves feel better by saying such garbage, I'm tired of it. Who are you guys trying to fool, saying a 5 dollar Chinese piece of junk is better then a hi quality piece, seriously! Maybe there are a few good ones, but in general they are garbage. I think you all just don't know what a quality piece of vape gear is. I have purchased clones and every single one i have bought is garbage. even these pico mods everyone talks about, is complete crap! Bought 2 for the wife and I just went to unscrew the battery, and the threads just broke. I'm looking at the metal threads and it's just garbage metal and you say that compares to a good quality mod like a provari or other hi end mods? Every clone tank and mod I ever bought cannot compare to any of my authentics period! You all might get some new vapor to believe your "oh the clones today are just as good, if not better then authentics "but not someone who has tried both and knows the difference. Next you will be saying that a Chicago tool from harbor freight is better then a hilti! Come on man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I'm a 90% authentic user...but comments like this make me want to lie about it. These blanket statements are a bit radical. Are you really saying the authentic O Atty is a "hi quality piece"? I got news for you, it's not. Are you saying the Hurricane V2 is a hi quality piece? Nope....the clone is better. The clone NarDa is as good as the authentic and you don't have to pay some jackhole flipper $1000 for it. I know what a hi quality piece actually is...and I know it has nothing to do with who made it or how much it costs. So, who's trying to make themselves feel better? The guy who dropped $15 on the same thing I spent $200 for? I don't think so. The guy who spent $200 certainly has more motivation to try and make himself feel better.

By the way, what is the Pico a clone of? I'm pretty sure thats an authentic mod. It's priced so people can afford it, manufactured in numbers so people can actually buy it and it seems to be wildly successful. And no, it probably won't live up to the standards a ProVari will....but it's not meant to.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
You all are brainwashed by each other and repeat things that just aren't so. Once you hear one post saying clones are just as good, you then repeat it down the road , spreading bs, eventually actually believing it, Come on , stop trying to make yourselves feel better by saying such garbage, I'm tired of it. Who are you guys trying to fool, saying a 5 dollar Chinese piece of junk is better then a hi quality piece, seriously! Maybe there are a few good ones, but in general they are garbage. I think you all just don't know what a quality piece of vape gear is. I have purchased clones and every single one i have bought is garbage. even these pico mods everyone talks about, is complete crap! Bought 2 for the wife and I just went to unscrew the battery, and the threads just broke. I'm looking at the metal threads and it's just garbage metal and you say that compares to a good quality mod like a provari or other hi end mods? Every clone tank and mod I ever bought cannot compare to any of my authentics period! You all might get some new vapor to believe your "oh the clones today are just as good, if not better then authentics "but not someone who has tried both and knows the difference. Next you will be saying that a Chicago tool from harbor freight is better then a hilti! Come on man

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

:facepalm:

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
I don't know, just seemed weird to me. Maybe I read the thread wrong, but it just seemed to ask what the most expensive item is that you bought, not whether you found a clone was better then an authentic.

Just have to laugh when somebody writes a wall-of-text about the same topic they were correcting others for talking about.

Anyways, I have about 15 GG atty/mod combos. Each was at ~$250 to start - probably closer to $400, for most, after upgrades and brass parts. That's only my GG stuff tho and not anywhere close to all my purchases. I can still confidently say that I spent nowhere near what I would've paid for smokes for the past 7 years.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
$33/carton x 52 weeks x 7 years = $12,012 is what I would have spent in those seven years.

Just have to laugh when somebody writes a wall-of-text about the same topic they were correcting others for talking about.

Anyways, I have about 15 GG atty/mod combos. Each was at ~$250 to start - probably closer to $400, for most, after upgrades and brass parts. That's only my GG stuff tho and not anywhere close to all my purchases. I can still confidently say that I spent nowhere near what I would've paid for smokes for the past 7 years.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Ugh, I hate this authentic v clone war. If I had the money to buy all authentic all day I would. And that isn't just for vape gear, I would love a closet full of fancy purses and shoes too! I'm in the camp of buying what I can afford and hoping for the best, whether it is clones of pricier equipment or just generally lower priced equipment. At least I'm not smoking.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Sophia is very nice.
I was going to get a diver to put in the Gp s'n'p tank!

Yep. Feeling better now. I have read that people get as much enjoyment from clone tanks as drippers but not for me!
Also, I get a different enjoyment from the expensive devices.
They are just worth more to me, and I get more enjoyment from using them!
Doesn't make me arrogant because nobody but you guys know and you don't care mostly anyway :)
for me, clones just don't work! Drippers do, but I mostly mtl with tanks so it's neither here nor there for me :thumb:

But yeah, feeling better now. As the price of people's gear increases, I feel better. I'm not the only chump round here ;)

Actually, I'm using the said piece right now and since this conversation started. Enjoying it now.

It's nice to hear such ..Positive....thoughts in a world that seems to be full of ...Negativity....................good for you...........glad to hear it.............

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Ugh, I hate this authentic v clone war. If I had the money to buy all authentic all day I would. And that isn't just for

vape gear, I would love a closet full of fancy purses and shoes too! I'm in the camp of buying what I can afford and hoping for the best, whether it is clones of pricier

equipment or just generally lower priced equipment. At least I'm not smoking.

A lot of us are in the same boat as you................if you want an ..Authentic......buy it..........if it seems a better deal for a clone then buy that.......it's ...."your".....

Money not mine................your choice.....not mine........and who am I to Judge..............I don't know everything........................

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
TV set now there's a word combo ya don't hear often anymore. Last tube TV I owned was in storage and gave away for free. we spoil ourselves (and kids each has a 32" led mounted) only rooms without a TV is cat room and bathroom lol sadly even laundry room has a 50" that never gets used man cave doesn't have a TV per say but rather a 126" 3d dlp pj and custom alr screen

I guess being 65.....I am old school......LOL.........I have a lot of stuff that seems to still be working fine from the days of the dinosaur......lol.......but next TV

will be a flat screen smart tv so as to be able to go on the internet and see the YouTube 3d aquariums and some of the Eye Candy that seems to be out there...lol

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY

....LOL..............

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Spent a grand in Vegas for a Mark Ten disposable, you should've seen the free ...... who delivered it though.
.....LOL..................I'm talking 2 the wifey now about our next vacation........thinking along the lines of las vegas....4 some reason.....lol.....in the market 4 a

disposable........lol....

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
What do you mean "had"?? Mine still has one!:p
20170327_155104.jpg
Those look like working mans hands 4 sure...............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread