Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Went skiing recently. Opted not to rebuild whilst there. Went back to a couple of old favourites in the nautilus and gs air tanks.

HoL cigarillos and el puros. Both held up very well indeed.

El puros improved the more of it i vaped, found it a bit overwhelming at first.

Cigarillos the opposite, once my tongue adapted it was a little mild.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Hi Mr Steeps,
No, We're not well-served with NETs in the UK are We? :(
Persevere with Your steeping!
bestcigliquid.co.uk do both ready-mix & concentrates which They state are NET............Hmmmm! I don't doubt that there's real 'baccy in there...(usual coil crust evidence!!..) but taste different to both diy-NET & HoL. To My tastebuds, Their juices also taste pretty same-y, making buying lotsa different names a bit pointless! 'Old Holborg' & 'Sultan' are quite good.....don't expect HoL or diy standard tho'!!

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Wow ! I am trying vigrinia and oriental from la tabaccheria at the moment. Very good stuff...

Jonny my next foray into NETs was going to be Real Extracts in the US. I've heard good things about them. However, this Italian company is taking my interest.

I am going to have a good look at their web site. I've never ordered from Italy so I've got no idea if they ship to Australia and how much postage is.

I will talk to my 'Calabrian' familia and have them pull some strings for me. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
Net.com are excellent juices, i buy in bulk to cover the postage, and during their sales which are usually 20% off.

Last order worked out at under £3 per 10 ml!!!

Guess what i am saying is the cheaper price per ml, especially if you buy in 120ml bottles, can easily cover your shipping costs.
Hi Morningdew, when you break it down like that it definitely sounds worthwhile so i think I'll put aside a bit of cash and hold on for the next sale.. such a vast selection i'm not sure where i'd start but I've seen so much positive feedback on these pages it seems unlikely you can place a "bad order" regardless of selection!

El puros improved the more of it i vaped, found it a bit overwhelming at first.

Cigarillos the opposite, once my tongue adapted it was a little mild.
I'm definitely enjoying the Los Puros and Guevara at the moment, both are really tasty... Cigarillos seems to give me more throat hit than actual flavour at this stage but I'll go back to it in a few days and see if my tastebuds warm to it.

Hi Mr Steeps,
No, We're not well-served with NETs in the UK are We? :(
Persevere with Your steeping!
bestcigliquid.co.uk do both ready-mix & concentrates which They state are NET............Hmmmm! I don't doubt that there's real 'baccy in there...(usual coil crust evidence!!..) but taste different to both diy-NET & HoL. To My tastebuds, Their juices also taste pretty same-y, making buying lotsa different names a bit pointless! 'Old Holborg' & 'Sultan' are quite good.....don't expect HoL or diy standard tho'!!
Thanks for the info Yourgurnard, I wasn't aware of bestcigliquid but they could serve a purpose while I'm waiting for my own NETs to reach their peak... I trust your judgement on the quality not being amazing so won't set my hopes too high :D

Reactions: yourgurnard

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Has anyone here tried The Studio Brand line? They have one flavor called "The Legend" that is the best sweet tobacco flavor I've ever tried. I've been vaping it for like a year now and it finally dawned on me that it might be a NET that they're using in it. The Studio Brand — Premium Tobacco Inspired E-Liquid

Anyone know of it, and if so, can recommend something similar? I need some variety and hoping to find something more affordable ideally (the downside is they are at the $22 30mil mark.)
I did order and try three from The Studio.
The Legend was my least favorite. The AP taste in it, for me, was a turn off. I've never been a fan of the popcorny flavor it imparts, and perhaps I'm too sensitive to it. But, of similarly flavored juices, I can appreciate the mixing, though not be a fan.
On the other hand, The Studio Montage (which they describe as tobacco, brown sugar and green banana) is excellent. I'll definitely get this again.
The Studio Sundance (tobacco, creme brulee) I haven't formed an opinion on yet.
Not NETs, but well worth consideration.

Reactions: drysprocket

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi Morningdew, when you break it down like that it definitely sounds worthwhile so i think I'll put aside a bit of cash and hold on for the next sale.. such a vast selection i'm not sure where i'd start but I've seen so much positive feedback on these pages it seems unlikely you can place a "bad order" regardless of selection!

I've never had a NET.com which I've disliked. That said, there are some I love and some which I think are ok. It boils down to what flavor combinations generally please you, then find a comparable one from NET.com. Based on the tobacco profile you enjoy, and whether you like added flavoring, be it a fruit or something else. Hard to go wrong. It would be heaven if it didn't gunk. So be it.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud

I'm definitely enjoying the Los Puros and Guevara at the moment, both are really tasty... Cigarillos seems to give me more throat hit than actual flavour at this stage but I'll go back to it in a few days and see if my tastebuds warm to it.

Thanks for the info Yourgurnard, I wasn't aware of bestcigliquid but they could serve a purpose while I'm waiting for my own NETs to reach their peak... I trust your judgement on the quality not being amazing so won't set my hopes too high :D

Guevara is an excellent juice too. Is it coil friendly these days mr steeps?

Virginia prime and perique from HoL also very good. If you like hybrid nets maybe try eden and minotaur - both excellent.

Net.com my current favourites are - fistful of burley, yesteryear, the ruins, gypsy brunes, turkish blend.

Running a close second - the mercenray, raven, burley blast & full Zware.

As said, never had a duff choice and tried nearly all the straight nets. Anything with smoke latakia in it is love and hate depending on mood for me.

Not tried the net + flavouring combos, but they receive excellent reviews.

One uk company i forgot prior was red vape. Havano gold the only one i would recommend. Perhaps shade too. Havano dark tasted like perfumed turkish delight and perique like perfume and licroce. Like black note not cheap.

If you're in london hampstead vape emporium stock red vape and i think have a juice bar for sampling. Can't think of any other high street vape shops that stock, but plenty of online vendors do.

have you had a play around with the net.com site?

Why not experiment and see how much you would need to buy, in 30ml bottles, to get the price incl. postage from states per 10ml, down to a HoL comparable £4.50 - £5.

Mr Steeps

Feb 5, 2017
I've never had a NET.com which I've disliked. That said, there are some I love and some which I think are ok. It boils down to what flavor combinations generally please you, then find a comparable one from NET.com. Based on the tobacco profile you enjoy, and whether you like added flavoring, be it a fruit or something else. Hard to go wrong. It would be heaven if it didn't gunk. So be it.

Guevara is an excellent juice too. Is it coil friendly these days mr steeps?
Thanks guys... I'm eager to try net.com and willing to put up with a bit of gunking so long a the juice tastes good. I'm using some pretty heavy duty coils so it hasn't been too much of an issue with NETs so far, Guevara included.

Virginia prime and perique from HoL also very good. If you like hybrid nets maybe try eden and minotaur - both excellent.

Net.com my current favourites are - fistful of burley, yesteryear, the ruins, gypsy brunes, turkish blend.

Running a close second - the mercenray, raven, burley blast & full Zware.

As said, never had a duff choice and tried nearly all the straight nets. Anything with smoke latakia in it is love and hate depending on mood for me.

Not tried the net + flavouring combos, but they receive excellent reviews.

One uk company i forgot prior was red vape. Havano gold the only one i would recommend. Perhaps shade too. Havano dark tasted like perfumed turkish delight and perique like perfume and licroce. Like black note not cheap.

If you're in london hampstead vape emporium stock red vape and i think have a juice bar for sampling. Can't think of any other high street vape shops that stock, but plenty of online vendors do.

have you had a play around with the net.com site?

Why not experiment and see how much you would need to buy, in 30ml bottles, to get the price incl. postage from states per 10ml, down to a HoL comparable £4.50 - £5.

I really appreciate all the info and recommendations Morningdew... haven't had a really good play around with the site yet but will definitely do so.

Regarding the Vape Emporium, I'm on the South Coast so unlikely I'll have the chance to drop in.. doesn't sound like you rate Red Vape at the same level as net.com or HOL so more inclined to keep my focus on those for the time being, as well as my own NETs if they turn out as good as i am hoping :)

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Sorry guys, i have changed my opinion about la tabaccheria a little bit. The final taste is very intensiv but i am missing the beside tastes of the tobacco. Some extracts are tasting more like a good flavour i think in the moment. I think now that net.com is a better vendor but i am still waiting for the last 3 extracts from la tabaccheria.

But real extract is very interesting. Do they have a real good turkish ? I like my dys turkish very much and i am thinking that its better than sun cured turkish from net.com but i want by way to variation to test some more turkish.

Who knows a very good turkish extract or juice ?

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthonyB

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Sorry guys, i have changed my opinion about la tabaccheria a little bit. The final taste is very intensiv but i am missing the beside tastes of the tobacco. Some extracts are tasting more like a good flavour i think in the moment. I think now that net.com is a better vendor but i am still waiting for the last 3 extracts from la tabaccheria.

But real extract is very interesting. Do they have a real good turkish ? I like my dys turkish very much and i am thinking that its better than sun cured turkish from net.com but i want by way to variation to test some more turkish.

I have heard this is a pretty good Turkish to try. I have not.

Save on Peter Stokkebye 84 Turkish - Pipes and Cigars

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Thanks checkum. I have extracted the 84 a year ago and it was good. Later i have found yenidje and semi oriental from leafsonly. They have more flavour as the stokkebye 84.

Now I am searching for stronger turkish tobaccos or juices. But turkish is not the right word, i mean oriental tobaccos. Basma from greece for example is very good and i am searching for more...

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Thanks checkum. I have extracted the 84 a year ago and it was good. Later i have found yenidje and semi oriental from leafsonly. They have more flavour as the stokkebye 84.

Now I am searching for stronger turkish tobaccos or juices. But turkish is not the right word, i mean oriental tobaccos. Basma from greece for example is very good and i am searching for more...

OK, then a couple I extracted that, IMHO, where pretty darn good were:

Lane, Medal of Honor

Bjarne Viking, William The Conqueror

Daughters & Ryan, Picayune

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central

Sorry for the late reply but somehow I was no longer getting notifications of new messages.

It's been a year or so since I ordered from real extract but it was very good, perhaps on the same level as N.E.T I haven't reordered since their pricing is above my limit. The last time I looked it was $1 per ml and thus no reason to buy from them when N.E.T exists.

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA

I just came across this one. sounds like an interesting tobacco to extract:

McClelland Grand Orientals: Yenidje Highlander 50g | Buy McClelland Pipe Tobacco at Smokingpipes

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I used a NET.com coupon that'd been lingering on the fridge for about a year and ordered a 120ml bottle of Ariesa. i had anticipated trying this and then i believe it was @AnthonyB who posted his thoughts first.

This is a marvelous juice. it seems to me to be the progression from Excalibur to The Raven to Ariesa with each succession getting a little more complex. After running through my 120ml of The Raven i ordered a 30ml bottle of the extract which turned out very nice. Ariesa has a similar essence but a deeper mystery. I don't see an extract version of it yet.

I now want to try their other Limited Edition Cigars. I'm very happy with Clay's cigar extracts. The several i tried from MVJ never had any flavor for me despite extended hibernation. MVj's pipe extracts are sorely missed.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I just came across this one. sounds like an interesting tobacco to extract:

McClelland Grand Orientals: Yenidje Highlander 50g | Buy McClelland Pipe Tobacco at Smokingpipes

Hi Checkum, thats funny. I have searched this tobacco today in european online shops. Perhaps i will try more of the following page:

McClelland Grand Orientals - Pipes and Cigars

But it could be difficult because of the tax, the shipping time and shipping coasts. I live in germany and and it would be easier to buy in europe.

Do somebody knows where to buy in europe ?

Last edited:

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Hi Checkum, thats funny. I have searched this tobacco today in european online shops. Perhaps i will try more of the following page:

McClelland Grand Orientals - Pipes and Cigars

But it could be difficult because of the tax, the shipping time and shipping coasts. I live in germany and and it would be easier to buy in europe.

Do somebody knows where to buy in europe ?

I see. how about from the UK?

McClelland Tinned Grand Orientals Yenidje Highlander pipe tobacco. 50 g tin. Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread