Nautilus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I got mine today. It is a great little tank (2ml). It fits really nicely on my Pico. Flavour is fantastic, and the MTL draw is great. I'm using a tobacco flavour in mine, and it's miles ahead of my original nautilus tank. I highly recommend it to all. $29 CAD well spent! View attachment 644469 View attachment 644471
Congrats! Enjoy it to the fullest. The color that you got it in matches perfectly with your device. I got mine in chrome to match my black and mostly chrome target mini. One tip I can give is when changing the coil twist the glass off instead of pulling it up because the sliding airflow ring can come of (happened to mine and a friends). It can be snapped back into place if that does happen but it would be annoying though. Vape on.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Currently I am using the vaporesso drizzle tank on a vaporesso tarot nano. I love this set up, great mtl vape. The only issue I have is the drizzle coils can be very hit and miss, but it's a great mtl vape when the coil is working properly. I never have used the bvc coils. Do they usually work well and consistent? I am interested in the nautilus 2 using the 1.8 coils. I tried the nautilus x with 1.8 but I did not like the coils on it either. I guess I am just wondering if the nautilus coils just work. I know every now and then there will be a dud. I vape at 12 watts(50/50 tobacco) at the moment on the vaporesso drizzle tank, I just don't know if I want to spend the money on a new tank and coils. Thank you!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I found the Nauti BVC coils to work quite well. They will certainly wick a 50/50 juice, I've used 70/30 and been OK. The draw is tight, so if you like that style of draw, you should enjoy them. Be aware there are counterfeit Aspire coils out there, and the quality on them is obviously impossible to predict.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
I got a black Nautilus 2 I'm still using the .7 coil at between 18 and 23 watts using .6mg 70/30.
Vaping wise for MTL it's a nice vape good flavour.

However theres a few things I really don't like and theres a few things I really love.
So the airflow adjustment is excellent it gives you almost infinite control over the airflow I generally go with 3.5 holes open.

Filling the tank is not as easy as it should be and imo was not very well thought out, I think they sacrificed usability for looks.
To open the tank it can be very difficult there is no knurling on the bottom airflow ring it's very slippery to open and the tank is stiff for the first compete 2 turns, it's not like some threads were once you break the initial bit it can spin easily. the nautilus 2 is tight for at least 2 full turns.

Ive had to use a vape band on the air flow section in order to get enough grip to open it.
Anyone with any diminished capabilities in there hands, arthritis or doesn't have allot of squeeze or hand strength will struggle with this tank.

Iv'e also had an issue when closing the tank because the last couple of turns are so stiff that when it came time to take the N2 off my Mod it was stuck tight on to my Smok AL85 because I had to twist it so hard to close the tank, and again this took me 30mins to get it off my AL85 eventually having to break down the tank putting the vape band on eventually I managed to get it off my mod.

These problems can be avoided by modifying your approach somewhat, but it makes the whole process more difficult than it should be.

When you do get the top off and you want to fill this can cause more issues, unlike the Cleito coils for example where the threads are at the top and the coil protrudes from the top of the glass.
The Nautilus 2 has a coil that is shorter and is below the top of the galss and the threads are not at the top of the coil there is a section of knurling at the top under that are the threads.
I have found if you fill your tank up to the knurling you will get some leaking,
The best I've been able to do is to fill the tank half way up the threads doing this I don't get leaking but thats only half filling the tank.

So all in all I think when it comes to actually vaping it gives you a nice vape, but filling the Nautilus 2 and dealing with all the difficulties puts me off especially because you cant even fill the tank up to the top like the Cleito for example.

The Nautilus 2 does take the Triton Mini coils so again from the actual vape standpoint it gives you plenty of options and a nice vape.

I just wish Aspire worried a little bit more about usability and a little less about how it looks.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Agree with above ^^^

Top fill is not really any better than most bottom fill because you really do need to remove the tank from the mod to fill it and it's just as messy. On most top fill tanks you would close the airflow when filling, but that's just not possible because the airflow opens all the way when unscrewing the top.

Also, 2mil is just not very much for this size tank (yeah, I know it's because of Europe regs.). If it was easy to fill it would be a different story.

It's attractive and vapes well.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Have 3 of them and they fit my clearo needs perfectly, use the tried and true nauti coils, top fill is easy (for me), looks fantastic. Along with my Kabukis and Vikas I'm set for MTL clearo needs (I use RTAs 90% of the time).

I love that Aspire has continued to support arguably the greatest MTL coil of all time and support us MTL vapers. Gladly support them with some of my cash on that, especially at the price of these great tanks.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
when I compare my experience with the Cleito, I feel left wanting Aspire could have made it great where atm imo I feel like it gives a great vape, but all the hassle dealing with it will deter me from using it as much as my Cleito which in comparison suffers from none of the short comings the Nautilus 2 does.
Im disappointed in Aspire because they hit it out of the park with the Cleito and made it even better by adding the RTA and 5ml bubble tank, which I love :) given that, my standards are pretty high for Aspire.

I'd love to hear from someone who has the Nautilus mini and how it compares, given they use the same coils I'd imagine the vape is almost the same but without the quirks of the N 2 I dislike, atm I'm seriously considering getting a mini.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
When you do get the top off and you want to fill this can cause more issues, unlike the Cleito coils for example where the threads are at the top and the coil protrudes from the top of the glass.
The Nautilus 2 has a coil that is shorter and is below the top of the galss and the threads are not at the top of the coil there is a section of knurling at the top under that are the threads.
I have found if you fill your tank up to the knurling you will get some leaking,
The best I've been able to do is to fill the tank half way up the threads doing this I don't get leaking but thats only half filling the tank.
The card with the tank describes this as the max fill line:

IMG_20170411_181033.jpg

Some peeps definitely prefer the Triton mini and the Nauti mini. They are pretty inexpensive also so could probably pick up cheap as chips.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I have the nautilus mini, nautilus 2 and triton mini and I like all of them :) nautilus mini is what got me to quit smoking so it's definitely still my favorite.

The nautilus 2 does have great flavor and the airflow is hard to beat, but I agree with what people are saying. It is a bugger to fill, I find the triton mini much easier to use and it is just as good as the nautilus 2 but very much more similar to the nautilus mini in terms of flavor

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
My perspective is I want to also support aspire and encourage them to continue to innovate for us MTLers and continue to include the nauti coils in that.

Sent them a message the other day, which they responded to, that I would like to see comparable devices like the iCare series for the nauti coils...I'd buy a dozen :)

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Is the Triton mini a MTL, for some one like me would you recommend the Nautilus Mini or the Triton mini for MEL use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'm a MTL'er and have, and like, both, though for me I think the Nautilus just has the edge. I'm sure others will go the other way and prefer the Triton :D

I have a Nautilus 2 on its way to me and am looking forward to trying that as well :)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Is the Triton mini a MTL, for some one like me would you recommend the Nautilus Mini or the Triton mini for MEL use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I would recommend getting 1 each since they are dirt cheap :)

Whichever you don't like either sell in the classifieds here or pay it forward to a smoker or noob vaper.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
I would recommend getting 1 each since they are dirt cheap :)

Whichever you don't like either sell in the classifieds here or pay it forward to a smoker or noob vaper.

Unfortunately Im on a pretty tight budget atm so I'll have to make do with one for a while.

I'm leaning towards the Nautilus Mini atm, but I'm open to changing my mind.

I'm still trying various fill options with the Nautilus 2, to see if I can find a sweet spot on fill level.

I just topped it up there with a new e-liquid that I'm enjoying quite allot, it's Liqua Q Turkish Tobacco.

I was watching a video review on the N2 by Vaping With Vic

He recommends when screwing the top on, before screwing the final rotation, to turn the tank upside down and then finish the final turn he mentions that this stops the pressure forcing the liquid out and instead forces air out.

So I'll be trying that on my next fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread