Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Sorry for all the questions but I have one about the istick, there's 30w and 50w with not much price difference between them so I guess I should go for the 50w? Also they seem to just come with the bottom half of an e-cig (tank?) so I'll need to find the rest of the stuff to go with that. What goes well with isticks and where can I purchase everything for them online?

I've heard of beauty ring, clearomizers, cartomizers, I presume carts are not really in demand anymore since clearomizers so I'll stick with clears. Hmm my recent disposable e-cigar from liberro is out so I'm currently going cold turkey at the moment so every day that passes makes me want to finish this shopping quickly but don't want to make mistakes.

There have been concerns with the 50W iStick. It's been reported to "auto-fire", which could lead to damaging the mod, the tank, and possibly even the immediate vicinity. I have a 50W, and so far, have not had any issues (got mine back toward the end of February.) I have a 30W iStick as well. I love the 50W because it's about twice the battery life of the 30W. I love the 30 because it's small and very lightweight.

There are cartomizers and carto tanks still available, if that's your preference. Some folks who've been around the forums a lot longer than I still use (and often prefer) them. I have the Aspire Nautilus (full and Mini) tank as well as the Kanger Subtank Mini and Nano. The "beauty ring" tends to be more for a battery with an ego-threadded connection when you're using a topper with a 510 connection. Ego threads are outer; 510 threads are the inner threads at the top of the mod.

Not sure from whom you're buying - you certainly won't go wrong with the iStick 30. Personally, I'd try the 50 - just because of longer life and slightly wider power range possibilities, if or when you choose to stretch your vaping horizons.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
There have been concerns with the 50W iStick. It's been reported to "auto-fire", which could lead to damaging the mod, the tank, and possibly even the immediate vicinity. I have a 50W, and so far, have not had any issues (got mine back toward the end of February.) I have a 30W iStick as well. I love the 50W because it's about twice the battery life of the 30W. I love the 30 because it's small and very lightweight.

There are cartomizers and carto tanks still available, if that's your preference. Some folks who've been around the forums a lot longer than I still use (and often prefer) them. I have the Aspire Nautilus (full and Mini) tank as well as the Kanger Subtank Mini and Nano. The "beauty ring" tends to be more for a battery with an ego-threadded connection when you're using a topper with a 510 connection. Ego threads are outer; 510 threads are the inner threads at the top of the mod.

Not sure from whom you're buying - you certainly won't go wrong with the iStick 30. Personally, I'd try the 50 - just because of longer life and slightly wider power range possibilities, if or when you choose to stretch your vaping horizons.

Not sure, don't like the horror stories about the istick 50. So basically this is what you need to have a working e-cigarette

1. Battery (most expensive part)
2. Atomizer (disposable so need to buy more than 1)
3. E-juice (buy more than 30ml at a time preferably)

I'm I missing anything?

I guess what's missing is the thingy that you inhale on that gets stuck onto the atomizer but do they come with the disposable atmoizers anyway?

If I were to get the istick 50 for example, how many atomizers and e-juices are available to be used on it, I mean do I need to pay attention to the thread sizes and then find atomizer with exact thread size?

Lastoria

Jun 4, 2015
When you buy a "tank" it'll come with a coil (the disposable part) and you just buy more. Usually come in a 5 pack but some shops like my local one will sell them individually. Only like 3 bucks. And depending on the juice used. How you vape. And what coil your using can get anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks of life out of them.

Reactions: JDHW

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
When you buy a "tank" it'll come with a coil (the disposable part) and you just buy more. Usually come in a 5 pack but some shops like my local one will sell them individually. Only like 3 bucks. And depending on the juice used. How you vape. And what coil your using can get anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks of life out of them.

That sounds good, so the coil is a what contains the e-liquid then?

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
When looking at the starter kits I would also compare them to buying components separately as sometimes when you upgrade parts of the starter kit (paying an extra $10 for protank mini 3 vs the standard included clearomizer) it can actually become more expensive than just buying the components by themselves.

Yeah I'll bare that in mind, thanks. The idea of just buying it all in one go and then buying it separately appeals though

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
so the tank isn't disposable its their for life and also goes by the name of a clearomizer, i don't think that's right is it meh i'll just eat my nails
Yes, the tanks (clearomisers) these days are not often disposable. That's why they are glass and stainless steel and, oh... yes... expensive.
Plastic tanks can crack with wear or liquid, most of my old plastic tanks have cracked eventually, dropping them doesn't help. (Glass can break too, but only by dropping really).
Going back to main points;
Yes, this is correct.
1. Battery (most expensive part)
2. Atomizer (disposable so need to buy more than 1)
(Atomizer as a word can describe the whole unit, or just the coil section, I guess)
3. E-juice (buy more than 30ml at a time preferably)

The 'atomizer' could be a tank, or a cartomizer, or a number of other choices.
For you, at this time, best to go for a clearomiser really.

Most of the time, I use an iStick (one 20w and one 30w) and an Aspire mini Nautilus. At home, anything is possible... for example I have a Taifun GT on a Nemesis operating at about 18 watts. Lemon and Lime liquid.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Atomizers - tanks, toppers, etc. - since the iStick is 510 threaded, there are hundreds of possible toppers. Depending on what you get, they aren't disposable, but the coil heads might be. Driptips (the mouthpiece) may be built onto the topper, or it might be changeable. Again, preference rules - some are narrow with restricted airflow. Others are quite wide (IMO like drinking from a fire hose :) ) Most will come with the driptip, but you're welcome to trade them around, as long as they fit the different toppers (you'll see them referenced as 510 drip tips, often.)

I like having multiple toppers. Allows me to easily change flavors without having to ditch what's in the current topper. Juice - until you find what you prefer, you may want to start with smaller-sized bottles (perhaps of different flavors and nic strengths.)

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Atomizers - tanks, toppers, etc. - since the iStick is 510 threaded, there are hundreds of possible toppers. Depending on what you get, they aren't disposable, but the coil heads might be. Driptips (the mouthpiece) may be built onto the topper, or it might be changeable. Again, preference rules - some are narrow with restricted airflow. Others are quite wide (IMO like drinking from a fire hose :) ) Most will come with the driptip, but you're welcome to trade them around, as long as they fit the different toppers (you'll see them referenced as 510 drip tips, often.)

I like having multiple toppers. Allows me to easily change flavors without having to ditch what's in the current topper. Juice - until you find what you prefer, you may want to start with smaller-sized bottles (perhaps of different flavors and nic strengths.)

iSmoka Eleaf iStick 30w. Newly launched. Packing 30w of power which can accommodate Subohm clearomizers such as Aspire Atlantis, Kanger Subtank etc... yet fits in the palm of your hand with room to spare. At 75mm*21mm*32.8mm it is a very small and light mod with 2200mAh battery which can be used as Passthrough as well. 510/eGo fitting including adapter too. No Tobacco, No Tar, NO Nicotine.: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

that's the istick 30w, do you recommend any websites to get the rest of the stuff needed to go with a istick 30w?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

The Istick 30W is just the battery part. You'll need an atomizer to make the complete set. judging from the same Amazon website, You might want to look at a subtank MINI. It offers an RBA section which appeals to the hobbyists, but you don't have to use it. It comes with some OCC coils, which are easily replaceable.

As far as juice goes, your best bet is to go with a local vape shop and try out different flavors to see what you like.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I would get the 30w and the clearomisers from Myepack. It'll be P&P free, leaving you money for P&P on the liquids. I know it's a fuss, but you can't win.
If you got the iStick off Amazon, you could get the tanks, atomizer heads and liquids from Vape Escape with some Liquid Core. (?)
Liquid Core : Vape Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread