new gemini rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I wouldn't recommend either. :pervy: How about one (or two) of those rubber "gripper" thingies used for opening stubborn jars? That ought to do it. :thumb:

I finally got mad at it and broke out my channel locks, and as gently as I could got it apart. I was shocked that, even with tools, it was incredibly tight. Ended up with a little scratch or two but nothing that won't happen over time anyway.

However, using those gipper thingies (what my wife calls "rubber husbands") is a great idea and one I didn't consider... thanks for that.

Reactions: TVC70

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I got my black one from VapeNW. I don't see any poor machining or have any stripped screws or post holes. Everything looks like it fits together just fine. Building? Hmmm... I first tried it with 2 24ga. coils at 3mm and just barely tucked the cotton into the juice slots. This is my first time trying this, as I usually stuff my cotton clear down into the channels. I got some serious leaking. I pulled the coils and tried a couple at 2.5mm so the cotton would be a bit thinner, and I wicked in my usual fashion (cotton clear down into the channels). So far so good. This tank seems very comparable to the Griffin, as far as performance, but the Griffin seems easier to wick, since the wicking material seems easier to get down into the channels (I leave the wick ring in place and just stuff the cotton in with tweezers). I need to spend more time with the Gemini before really passing judgement, but I prefer the Griffin overall thus far.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Well, I had some more leaking overnight with the Gemini. I picked it up to pop in on my APV this morning and a big drop of juice dripped from the bottom airflow vents. It looked pretty wet in there, so I gently rinsed that area out under the faucet and dried it off with a paper towel. That was about 15 minutes ago, and I don't see any additional juice dripping out, so it must be a very slow leak. I guess I'll just have to experiment some more with wicking this one. The plot thickens! :D

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Well, I had some more leaking overnight with the Gemini. I picked it up to pop in on my APV this morning and a big drop of juice dripped from the bottom airflow vents. It looked pretty wet in there, so I gently rinsed that area out under the faucet and dried it off with a paper towel. That was about 15 minutes ago, and I don't see any additional juice dripping out, so it must be a very slow leak. I guess I'll just have to experiment some more with wicking this one. The plot thickens! :D
A few people have reported over night leaking. They just turned the jfc off.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TVC70

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I closed off the jfc overnight, and all is well this morning. There was no juice dripping from the bottom, and I opened the jfc a bit, started vaping, and everything seems good. Thanks again, Haylon. :thumb:
Most welcome. I do that with all my tanks with jfc. Just tossed a build in my Gemini and I noticed my jfc ring won't move. I have to adjust my jfc by unscrewing the tank. Does the jfc ring move only one way?

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Just tossed a build in my Gemini and I noticed my jfc ring won't move. I have to adjust my jfc by unscrewing the tank. Does the jfc ring move only one way?

Yes, that appears to be the case. When adjusting juice flow, if you hold the base and keep turning the rest of tank clockwise (in relation to the base), the two parts will thread all the way together and stop moving (you're screwing and unscrewing the chimney from the base, in other words). Just screw the chimney all the way down onto the base and back off like half a turn (don't want it too loose, obviously) and adjust from there.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Yes, that appears to be the case. When adjusting juice flow, if you hold the base and keep turning the rest of tank clockwise (in relation to the base), the two parts will thread all the way together and stop moving (you're screwing and unscrewing the chimney from the base, in other words). Just screw the chimney all the way down onto the base and back off like half a turn (don't want it too loose, obviously) and adjust from there.
Just found out that this is not the case. I'm use to the tolerance of the Griffin which is easy to turn. I grabbed the tank section of the Gemini and continued to keep turning as I would screwing the atty down on my mod. It does turn. The tolerance is just really tight. Try it and let me know your thoughts.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Just found out that this is not the case. I'm use to the tolerance of the Griffin which is easy to turn. I grabbed the tank section of the Gemini and continued to keep turning as I would screwing the atty down on my mod. It does turn. The tolerance is just really tight. Try it and let me know your thoughts.

Mine definitely screws down and stops. However, it turns back and forth pretty easily up to that point. I think yours may just be tighter and maybe you aren't reaching the fully "screwed down" position, just experiencing much more resistance before that point than I am. :?:

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Mine definitely screws down and stops. However, it turns back and forth pretty easily up to that point. I think yours may just be tighter and maybe you aren't reaching the fully "screwed down" position, just experiencing much more resistance before that point than I am. :?:
Let me keep cranking on it and see if it stops. It's free but still hard to turn. I had to crank down on it to the point that I was thinking that my tank is going to crack any min

OCPratt

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2015
San Jon Nm
Has anyone managed to take apart the base? Where the bottom AFC ring is? I have had mine for about a week now and from day one the negative post was wobbly. I managed to get in there kinda with a tiny um......blue screwdriver and managed to tighten it up but I wanna be able to really get at it. Any help would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread