• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I know that this thread hasn't been updated in a while, but I just wanted to take a moment to step in and introduce myself. My name is John, I've been a Christian my whole life, but have since become more involved with God and church since my mom passed away back in August of 2013. I just recently started vaping (about a month ago).

Welcome John, to our corner of this great website!! Please read the 5th Sticky Note down from the top, comply, and then jump in and enjoy being among people who understand, enjoy Praising God, giving all Glory to Him, explain our feelings when life becomes difficult, prayer for each other, worshiping God together, understanding each other, and just having some great discussions and fun! Kick your shoes off, and jump in! We love having new people.....the more, the merrier! I will say that there will be learning experiences, which I love. I want to know....inquiring minds want to know!!

Praise God on your decision to quit smoking! I quit 4 years and 7 months ago. If I could do it, anyone can. I was a die hard smoker of 42 years. If I hadn't quit, I would have died hard.....like my mom did. She died of lung cancer in 2009, and I miss her everyday. :(But, it was her choice to smoke. I still miss it from time to time, but I'm not putting that harsh smoke into my lungs anymore.

Again, John WELCOME!!!!!:banana:

Reactions: Atchafalaya

opm2008

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2014
Singapore
Greetings!
A cradle Catholic with a 32 year 2 pack a day habit.
60 days into quitting, 60 days into vaping!
My journey to re-discover my faith had lead me to uncover all the blessings that have been overlooked and all that was paid was false gratuity towards vanity and greedy. Anyway, glad to be here and thanks for starting this.

Reactions: Atchafalaya

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Shalom mightyman!
    TBH, I had to do that myself because up to that point of being told that I was (interestingly by a convert), I was happily walking around with the label Part-Time Christian even Sunday Catholic .... (lol)
    Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
    God Bless!

Hi if you want we can continue this in the thread you started because this one is for "New Member Introductions"

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Welcome OPM! You are in Singapore! Please start a thread on Singapore. I'm just interested in the life there.....cost of living.....everything!! I always love to hear about places I've never been. Have you ever been to the states? Put that in your thread!

Please read the 5th Sticky Note down and comply. Then jump into the group! We pray for each other, we praise with each other. we love each other, we rejoice with each other ....... we're like family! The family your never see on this earth....only in Heaven. ANYWAY, welcome!:)

Hi Everyone,

I live in Northern Kentucky and I am so grateful that I was saved. My relationship with God has not always been easy. I grew up in a home that was mostly religious but with a very sick mom mom that I had to care for and I had to help with my brother and sister and a lot of chores that young kids typically don't have to do. When I was in my young 20's, I fell into a really bad lifestyle, partying, borderline alcoholism, depression, etc. I really don't think back then I would have cared what could have happened to me if I had continued in that lifestyle.

The best moment in my life was February 24th (I know, that's how important it is to me that I was saved . . . I remember that day) -- I was just up late on my computer, nothing special about that night at all, and just all of a sudden, I felt God. Literally, felt like there was God or an Angel with a hand on my shoulder and I was just filled with so much warmth and light. I have never cried so hard -- nor have I ever felt that way again and I just heard God say to me that I was done being in pain. That I was going to go to church and that all the hurt and pain that I felt was going to be gone. It was such a weird and wonderful moment.

The very next day, I threw out all of my alcohol, and my mom and I went to lunch and I told her I was going to start going to church, and that I was going to get a bible and she was just shocked. It was like night and day . . . it almost felt like being woken up from a sleep where I didn't recognize my life anymore. True to my word, I bought a bible that day (A bible that I've read front to back quite a few times) and it's quite beaten up. I was baptized a few months later and again, I had another surreal moment. I have a very intense fear of drowning (And although people tease me about it, yes, I take baths, lol) to the point that I told the pastor that I might panic when he put me under. And keep in mind, this wasn't deep water out in a river, it was like a bath tub that they used for baptizing. He assured me that if I was in distress, he wouldn't keep me under long, told me that I didn't need to be under the whole time, just needed to get dunked, lol. Well, he put me under and it was the most beautiful and peaceful moment that I have ever had being under water. My eyes were open and I had no fear and he kept me under the whole time since I was fine.

Anyway, (And i'm sorry if this is long but I really feel very passionate about sharing because I thought I was beyond hope and I think faith is an amazing and hard, but very rewarding and loving path to follow. Plus, I'm just articulate . . . I type 100 WPM anyway . . ) . . .

I'm married and absolutely luv my husband. We struggle a lot because his family doesn't accept our marriage because they don't like me. Two and a half years (Almost) of just . . . knowing I married my soul mate. I've struggled the last two years with infertility and I've been praying to God for some advice on that, and we believe we are being called to adopt.

:)

That's my novel for all those who care to read. I am so glad there is such a thing as a Christian Vapor though! because I was definitely wondering (Although, it'd be stupid to say I thought I was the only one).

My biggest pet peeve is that people think i'm not religious when they first meet me. I have an amazing grace tattoo very prominently on my forearm but I guess being young and tattooed just cause people to think i'm a hoodlum . . .

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Welcome to CVF Sonanta Dusk. Glad you found us.

Thanks for sharing that powerful testimony of yours when you talked on how the God first talked filled you with Himself reminded me of myself 25 years ago I felt the same thing and haven't forgotten how it felt awesome it was and again when you said faith put a smile on my face. You Blessed me mightily with your words. I myself prefer to call my walk with God a faith walk and not religious.

I like to share this with you over 21 years ago my wife she was 38-39 years old wanted a child and was also infertility the Doctor said it was almost impossible because of her inner's but I went along with her and we tried and tried with no results for a very long time. Then one day we didn't give up but we both said and agreed it's was time to hand it over to the Lord and stop trying and talking about it and it's up to Him, so we talked to Him and forgot all about it and in less then 60 days my wife became pregnant and that was 21 years ago. The Lord says He will give you your desires.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Yes, and the Professor, Ginger, Mary Ann, Thurston & Lovey.

Are you completely in this room or are you still unable to post below? I am very glad to see you here! We pray together, praise together, lift each other up, worship together, and watch out for my 7 bananas! That means I'm dancing in the Spirit in my heart, and I use 7 because that is God's perfect number!

BTW, how come everyone packed clothes and makeup for a 3 hour tour?? My husband said he would never want to come back to civilization. He is a beach and ocean kind of guy. Me? I love the mountains, but my body likes the warmer weather.....so it's the beach for both of us!:wub:

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Land of the Lost
    Hello all. Mightymen was kind enough to invite me here. I come with request for prayer. My mom is having double bypass surgery tomorrow and I would really appreciate it if you could lift it up for me.
    Thank you.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Just saw this Group scrolling around and happy to have found it! Grateful believer of the one true king, and happy to be here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Amen
    Yes I am grateful
    Yes one true King.
    and I'm also happy to be here my with my brothers and sisters in the Christ.

Welcome aboard, DON'T be shy make a few posts or start a new thread.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Just saw this Group scrolling around and happy to have found it! Grateful believer of the one true king, and happy to be here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welcome Chivalry!!!! We are so glad another has joined our group. We are not a large group but we will encourage you, pray for you, rejoice with you, and praise God, Bless His Holy Name, with you. Please jump into the lower threads, after you read sticky 5. We are different from any other area on this website as we were founded by a Christian man for Christians. No trolling allowed. No name calling is allowed. No bashing is allowed.

All Honor and Glory to THE one true King! Amein!

Reactions: Dead_Chivalry

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Hi everyone!

As previous poster mentioned I was poking around ECF and found this group. Glad to be here!

Welcome Mudgeon!!!! I'm so glad you found us!!! I pray you are being blessed and since I don't believe in coincidence, I can't help but feel the Lord gave you directions to our humble abode. Please read sticky #5, and just jump in! We will laugh with you, cry with you, pray with you, Praise Almighty God with you, Bless His Holy Name, and learn with you. :) We are a great group.....small......but a great group. Just jump in below and learn who we are. Again, welcome! :wub:

Reactions: Ldiddy857
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread