• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    This was my avatar, I had to changed it.
    Just wasn't me, I was trying to fit in on the outside, I'll still hang there but I'll be me.

pointing-finger.jpg

Now I have a BIG SMILE on my face and love in my heart again. :hubba:

chapeltown

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    I am so incredibly pleased to have found this part of the forum!!!!!! I can't even tell you. Hi, My name is Jenn, I have been smoking for nearly 19 years, and am transitioning into vaping. I'm about 80/20 at this point, as some really painful things are going on right now... we will just say that if you are in the delmarva penninsula, you probably have heard of a recent missing persons case that turned into something far more heart wrenching. I am less than three degrees away from the center. In any case, I am working on it 'day by day' I am a part of a really incredibly small percentage of people in my area who seem to be vaping, but I am hopeful that it will catch on soon. I am also getting two of my older kids (30 and 26) to transition. Thank you so much for being here. This is my second attempt at vaping, and I can say for certain it would not be an attempt at all if I had not found the ECF forum. Thank you for being here.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!! It's great to have new members. As far as I know you can just start posting. Please just jump in and talk with us, praise with us, share with us, and pray with us. It's just great having new people!!! "Where two or more are gathered in my Name, I am there also." Again, you are all so very welcomed! :)

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    Colorado, USA
    Hello, my name is Doug and I would not have known about this part of the forum if it hadn't have been suggested that I come over by my friend chapeltown(Jenn). I'm very pleased to have found a Christian community at ECF and hope to spend more time over here. I have run into lots of folks that don't consider me to be a proper Christian because of the way I am. But more sad than that is I have been flat out rejected by my so called Christian brethren because of my past. I am hurt when my own Christian family turns their back on me but I understand why and I cannot be the judge of their decisions. I simply press onward and give God the praise for the grace He continually shows me in my pilgrimage through this life in this fallen world.
    I was regenerated in 2008 and then baptized in April of 2011. I am leery to share too much of my past here. I lived a wretched wicked life and left a wake of devastation and pain behind me. I did a lot of damage that stills lingers in the lives of many and will linger there for the rest of their lives. I am truly grateful for God's grace and His cleansing. I know the filth of my sin and have a great contrast to compare His grace to.
    I love Reformed theology, more as a hobby but also because the Lord has convinced me that it is the closest thing to His truth that is being taught. I am not a Calvinist, I am a Christian. I just happen to really like Calvinism :laugh:
    Anyway, there's just a little tiny bit about me. Thank you Jenn for telling me about this part of the forum and I hope to meet some more great folks here.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Hello, my name is Doug and I would not have known about this part of the forum if it hadn't have been suggested that I come over by my friend chapeltown(Jenn). I'm very pleased to have found a Christian community at ECF and hope to spend more time over here. I have run into lots of folks that don't consider me to be a proper Christian because of the way I am. But more sad than that is I have been flat out rejected by my so called Christian brethren because of my past. I am hurt when my own Christian family turns their back on me but I understand why and I cannot be the judge of their decisions. I simply press onward and give God the praise for the grace He continually shows me in my pilgrimage through this life in this fallen world.
    I was regenerated in 2008 and then baptized in April of 2011. I am leery to share too much of my past here. I lived a wretched wicked life and left a wake of devastation and pain behind me. I did a lot of damage that stills lingers in the lives of many and will linger there for the rest of their lives. I am truly grateful for God's grace and His cleansing. I know the filth of my sin and have a great contrast to compare His grace to.
    I love Reformed theology, more as a hobby but also because the Lord has convinced me that it is the closest thing to His truth that is being taught. I am not a Calvinist, I am a Christian. I just happen to really like Calvinism :laugh:
    Anyway, there's just a little tiny bit about me. Thank you Jenn for telling me about this part of the forum and I hope to meet some more great folks here.

Your post truly moved me Doug... thank you for being so transparent and I felt your Heart in it. I'm not a Calvinist either, but I like it also.. I'm just a Christian.
    :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    good enough for me! I was hoping for a t-shirt upon membership approval.... ;)

Beer before Liquor, never been sicker.
    Liquor before Beer, you're in the clear.
    Beer AND Liquor, get drunker quicker!

Welcome aboard from Brother to another Brother.

So when I you coming to NYC to pickup your t-shirt offer expires in 30 days.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    Wow, I have been a member of ECF for a while now and just discovered this forum! I'm a born again Christian currently studying for my double major in Biblical & Theological Studies, and Christian Ministries at Liberty University with the hopes of becoming a missionary (if not too old by then) or teaching theology in some form or fashion. I go year round which is why I am not very active anymore like I used to be but still try to get on here when I can.

Fisheeboy, I too lived a wicked and wretched life prior to my salvation, and understand what you mean about rejection form "fellow Christians", just know that God's opinion is the only one that matters, and those who reject you will will likely not receive the same reward as you upon final judgment. Many fear judgment, but true Christians, not just believers, should look forward to it, when their reward will be the greatest in Heaven.

God bless all and I look forward to some good fellowship with all of you!

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I'm a born again Christian currently studying for my double major in Biblical & Theological Studies, and Christian Ministries at Liberty University

Glad you found us gbojar.

Sounds like your basket is full with some heavy knowledge and still have a hunger for more - GREAT.

Looking towards reading your posts, Bless you, your already an inspiration for me to search deeper into Scripture.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Welcome Gbojar to our small corner of this wonderful website! Thank you for your testimony, and remember, we all have a BC....before Christ Jesus plus an AC after Christ Jesus. We all come from a darkness and are transformed in the light of Jesus. I'll never forget when it happened to me. I didn't meet Him visibly, I met Him in my heart. My life has never been the same, and Praise God it hasn't! Just jump in further down the page to the normal threads and share, encourage, pray for, rejoice with all of us and have a great time! :)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Wow, I have been a member of ECF for a while now and just discovered this forum! I'm a born again Christian currently studying for my double major in Biblical & Theological Studies, and Christian Ministries at Liberty University with the hopes of becoming a missionary (if not too old by then) or teaching theology in some form or fashion. I go year round which is why I am not very active anymore like I used to be but still try to get on here when I can.

Fisheeboy, I too lived a wicked and wretched life prior to my salvation, and understand what you mean about rejection form "fellow Christians", just know that God's opinion is the only one that matters, and those who reject you will will likely not receive the same reward as you upon final judgment. Many fear judgment, but true Christians, not just believers, should look forward to it, when their reward will be the greatest in Heaven.

God bless all and I look forward to some good fellowship with all of you!

Welcome Welcome Welcome gbojar!!!! :banana:

gbojar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Saintscruiser, my "live verse" is Psalm 30:1-3: "I extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit." I thank God every day for His presence in my life, and will all humility acknowledge that I do need Him in it, my previous life is evidence of that!

God bless you all and thanks again!

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Good morning everyone. :)

My name is Nicole and I have a history as a secret smoker.

My husband smoked when I met him a little more than seven years ago. I had smoked when I was a teenager, but only for a short time. When I got married, I started smoking because my husband smoked. I can't even tell you how many times we quit/started up again. We used patches, inhalers, Chantix, cold turkey...it always ended up with us starting up again. More often than not, during those times when we were supposed to be quit, I was smoking behind my husband's back. I felt terrible about this, and as a born again Christian, I felt extremely guilty not only for the smoking (which was not honoring God with my body) but also for lying to my husband and my kids about what I was doing.

I went to great extremes just to get in a few cigarettes when I was by myself. I would carry perfumes and sprays with me. I would wear thick hooded sweatshirts in 80 degree weather. It was ridiculous. I became a master at covering up the smell, and I never got caught.

This past February, we decided to "quit" again, and I started smoking in secret again. It wasn't too hard, since my hubby worked (I work from home) and the kids were in school all day. I would just take a shower before everyone came home, and no one was ever the wiser. Still, I felt the Holy Spirit telling me that what I was doing was wrong. Even so, I just felt like the addiction had a hold on me. When we "quit" in February, I was supposed to have been using an e-cig. I still used it when I couldn't smoke, but I wasn't using it entirely.

One day, at the end of March, I had been praying and asking God to help me. I asked him to take the desire away from me. It was a Friday morning when I woke up and bought a new pack of cigarettes when everyone had left for the day. I smoked about five of them, and then I just got angry at myself, and angry the cigs. I threw them out and vowed that I was not going to continue in that addiction. I stared using the e-cig exclusively, and a few days later I talked to my husband and asked him if I could buy a better one. I told him that I didn't want to return to a life of secret smoking and I felt that this was the only way to break that cycle. He agreed, and I bought an eGo at the local B&M.

A few days later, he decided to buy one for himself, even though he'd been quit since the beginning of February. I knew it would probably only be a matter of time before he started smoking again because he'd mentioned wanting to buy cigarettes a few times.

I write this long post to let you know why I appreciate vaping so much. I've been free (truly FREE) since the end of March. It's been the only thing that's worked for me, and I'm so thankful that God allowed me to see how effective this could be.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    WELCOME TO THE BOARD, NICOLE, and thank you for your testimony! I've been off of tobacco for 4 years next month, and isn't it a freedom??!!?! Amein! I am so very glad you want to be a part of this board, too! Feel free to scroll down and jump into the posting. We are very supportive of each other and the more, the merrier! We pray for each other, exhort, praise, and love all whom God sends our way. This is a haven for like minds.......not denominations. We come from different walks of life and we all learn from each other. I know you'll love it like we all do. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread