New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Wow, I'm learning that like the Island tobacco, the Dunhill really continues improving with longer and longer steeping times. The difference is that I went from not caring for the IT much at all to it being my favorite with the first batch, whereas the Dunhill I liked pretty much right off, and didn't notice as much of a change up to a week and a half or so. That's as long as the sample batches lasted on the first go round, lol. On this second set of batches which are nearly 2 weeks old now, the IT is just as awesome, but the Dunhill is also starting to shine to an extent I missed out on the first time. The IT is still my favorite, but I'm afraid the Dunhill has broken the tie with the Virginia for sole posession of second place, lol. The Virginia is close behind in third, followed by the Honey Flu and then the French Pipe. I'm really keen on all of these as standalones and still cycle through them all on a daily basis. I'm still not a fan of the Real Cig. as a standalone, but it's my favorite tobacco for mixing with other stuff. I'm also not a fan of the Black&Mild by itself, but mixed 50/50 with Real Cig. and with just a little vanilla it's also excellent.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
What kind of sweetener should I use? I have a 50/50 vg/pg mix with 12mg nic. All from vz. So far have 7 drops of peach and going to add some more for bolder flavor. Thinking about adding some EM to sweeten it or maybe sucralose? Any suggestions?

Couple of suggestions, adding too much flavoring can actually mute the flavor so go slow and wait a few days each time. VZ flavors already have a sweetener in them but if you need a bit more I would go with the sucralose at very low %, like 1drp per 3 or 5ml to start. The EM is a mild sweetener and can dull some of the sharp flavor notes, it may not give the results you're after.

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Couple of suggestions, adding too much flavoring can actually mute the flavor so go slow and wait a few days each time. VZ flavors already have a sweetener in them but if you need a bit more I would go with the sucralose at very low %, like 1drp per 3 or 5ml to start. The EM is a mild sweetener and can dull some of the sharp flavor notes, it may not give the results you're after.

Thanks Azplumber! Your comments have helped a lot. I've been mixing the super concentrated flavors with several other flavorings including EM and the result has been less than the sum of the parts. That and calibrating my dropper. I was assuming 20 drops per ml and it turns out it's about 37 for a ml.

I mixed a 12mg 50%pg/50%vg unflavored vape (5ml) and added 10 drops of a vz fruit flavor with much improved results! Already thinking about what I can add to it but I see now that I have to be careful about adding something that detracts from this base. EM is out at least for now.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I mixed a small bottle of Black Fire at 2.8% yesterday. I mixed a very small amount because I didn't think I would really like it based on the descriptions I read. I was completely wrong. This stuff will be gone before the end of today.

Yes there is a coconut and a smokey thing going with some caramel tones and a dry almost citrus backnote, which sounds like a Hawaiian nightmare, but it somehow works at being a good flavor. It is just sweet enough to work for me. I wouldn't call it great yet, but it is very good.

VZ's Black Fire gets Hoosier's seal for being an easy to use flavoring to make good juice.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
I mixed a small bottle of Black Fire at 2.8% yesterday. I mixed a very small amount because I didn't think I would really like it based on the descriptions I read. I was completely wrong. This stuff will be gone before the end of today.

Yes there is a coconut and a smokey thing going with some caramel tones and a dry almost citrus backnote, which sounds like a Hawaiian nightmare, but it somehow works at being a good flavor. It is just sweet enough to work for me. I wouldn't call it great yet, but it is very good.

VZ's Black Fire gets Hoosier's seal for being an easy to use flavoring to make good juice.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it after at least a couple of weeks of steeping. Sounds like it won't last that long though, lol.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

I vaped mine right after I mixed mine also. I never gave it a steep. I need to come back to this flavor. Cool!!

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Damn that Honey Flue Cured is good!!! Steeped for two weeks, 20%VG, one drop per ml....very nice smooth all day vape.
Let's see if it even improves another week or two!
I think it's great also. I steeped mine for a week. Vaped it for a day. Now I think it's been close to a month that it's been steeping. I need to try it again.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Ok, after months of following this thread, I finally broke down and ordered some flavors. I don't do tobacco anymore so I had to wait until at least four of the flavors I wanted were in stock.
I bought:
Pineapple
Peach
Raspberry
and the infamous Blackberry!
They all smell great so I'll get down to mixing and share my thoughts after they steep. I do have a couple of questions though. I presume I should start out at 2.5%. If anyone has suggestions otherwise, based on their experience with these particular flavors, please let me know. Also, I'm used to mixing multiple flavors for my recipes but from what I've read, most people are using these as stand alones. It's gonna be hard for me to control myself so IF I happened to use these in a multi flavor recipe, where would I start if the VZ flavor was the dominant flavor. With Capella's I would drop from 15% to about 10%. I assume with these maybe 2%???

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Ok, after months of following this thread, I finally broke down and ordered some flavors. I don't do tobacco anymore so I had to wait until at least four of the flavors I wanted were in stock.
I bought:
Pineapple
Peach
Raspberry
They all smell great so I'll get down to mixing and share my thoughts after they steep. I do have a couple of questions though. I presume I should start out at 2.5%. If anyone has suggestions otherwise, based on their experience with these particular flavors, please let me know. Also, I'm used to mixing multiple flavors for my recipes but from what I've read, most people are using these as stand alones. It's gonna be hard for me to control myself so IF I happened to use these in a multi flavor recipe, where would I start if the VZ flavor was the dominant flavor. With Capella's I would drop from 15% to about 10%. I assume with these maybe 2%???

If you like it flavorful, just put in 10 drops for 5ml half vg half pg. Plus one drop of concentrated lemon juice from the little plastic lemon. BAM oh so good! I wish I could cancel the juice I recently bought that hasn't shipped yet.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
If you like it flavorful, just put in 10 drops for 5ml half vg half pg. Plus one drop of concentrated lemon juice from the little plastic lemon. BAM oh so good! I wish I could cancel the juice I recently bought that hasn't shipped yet.

I put 12 drops in 10 ml to start off (2.5%) I can add more if needed. I have some T&S instead of lemon juice. So you feel that helped?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I bought:
Pineapple
Peach
Raspberry
Your taste buds sounds like mine. I also used Capella at 10%. I mix 70pg/30vg ratio, and I mix the VZ flavors at 2.5% mostly. Drop the raspberry to 1.5% and add if needed more. Peach and the Blackberry are excellent at 2.5%. I haven't tried the Pineapple.

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Thanks for the input Jimmy and Liveone. Ya, I figured the Raspberry would be over-powering so that makes sense. Actually, the only reason I got Raspberry is to make a nice Peach Melba recipe! I took a little taste of the un-steeped Blackberry (I couldn't stop myself) and the flavor is pretty damn nice.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Back to Emonty. I'm vaping my HFC after 3 weeks or a month. Super smooth with a bright th from the honey. Then the Virginia flue goodness just fills my taste buds. I'm bringing this to work with me tomorrow! Too bad I only had 11ml left. I had to make another 30ml bottle, and back to the long anticipated wait...RATS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread