Newbie here and my pile of "OH MY GOD I CANT SMOKE THAT" keeps growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixfire

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2011
Southeast Mo.
You might want to consider the Pay it Forward (PIF) community here, specifically the PIF thread. It's full of great people. You can find a good home for the juice you don't like and explore other vendors/flavors at the same time.

Check it out here
Just be sure to read the rules first!

+1
I get most of my new flavors from here, read the rules, gather up some flavors that you will probably never enjoy from your stash and lurk on pif untill you see an offer that has a couple of flavors that interest you. Madvapes has some awesome flavors in there top vapors USA line- triple zest, Mandarin orange, and spearmint are all very good.
Also you might want to try a 2 ohm carto on your ego,it really improved the flavors on mine.

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
you may be having the same issue I did if you are new to vaping. Your taste buds may be off which happens quite often if you have been vaping only for a short time Another thing drink plenty of water as the nicotine dries out your mouth and sometimes you will get a funny taste from some of your juices As for vendors try soem like FreedomsmokeUSA, Gourmet Vapors, Vixen Vapors, Bombayvaping, theBackwoods Brew All of these have quite a few flavors to choose from and you may find something you like Also some of thse vendors have an option of extra flavoring they can put in your juice till you get you taste buds back That is what I am doing. I have been vaping for three months now and am still having taste bud issues Sometimes I can taste my e-liquids and sometimes getting a funny flavor or none at all Just hang in there Your buds will come back and the flavors will taste right to you again. I do agree with some of the other posts though Don't throw your stuff out Just set them up for a little while and try them again at a later date.

Heh, I take my growing pile of "Oh my gawd, I can't vape that!" flavors to work, for the growing number of new vapers there to try out for free.

I got lucky and found my "all-day vape" early on (Fried Apple from MadVapes), but I still buy a few samples of something else every so often. I may go back and revisit those other juices, once they've steeped a while...

CapN Swagga

Feb 15, 2011
Nevada
I keep trying to find different and good flavors to vape and I am having a terrible time. Any suggestions on some good mellow flavors and suppliers. I am not big into the regular tobacco flavors or menthol. I smoked for 20 years hated the taste then so really don't want to vape it when the possibilities are endless. I have found banana to be one that I like but other then that yuck, yuck and some more yuck!:unsure:

I honestly thought that I would dislike tobacco flav but seriously it grew on me...I been vaping the same tobacco flav for almost 2 mos now and dropped 3 nic lvls at 11 now...what nic lvl are you vaping? when I started, 36mg was much and there were times when i thought the very same thing, I was a 20yr smoker too and I had no idea how to even use this thing. bad taste, no vapor
there are so many issues that one can have. I think if your getting good vape but tastes bad your on the right track. This is something im guilty of, after getting my brand new ego kit I was so eager to start vaping I diddnt fully read the ecf and later I found out that your supposed to blow out the "primer" i believe, in the atty before using well let me tell you it was a slow road for me before I was getting good vapor. So I suggest try some lower nic levels, buy a couple new attys make sure they are genuine some generics just suck. vanilla is a great flav mixes awsome with anything. dktab+vanilla very nice just dont give up!

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
Ive ordered on two occasions from Litecigusa and have really enjoyed just about all the flavors so far.
the high caliber is a 70/30 blend and my favorites are RY4 and cinnabun though the coffee expresso and strawberry are also really good. The Dekang liquids are PG and i havent tried many but i really enjoyed the energy cow (redbull) but not so much the creme. Thinking of using the creme to mix into others and try that out. great thing about it is at 4 to 5 dollars per 10mil bottle it doesnt hurt so much if u dont love a flavor. If a flavor is a little much for me i will just vape it on occasion as a break from the daily flavor and i usually end up liking the unliked flavor eventually. :p

BlownAway

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
United States
I quickly got tired of the tobacco flavors. I ordered a wide variety of flavors from Viking Vapor (in 7.5ml bottles) and took a liking to blueberry, lemon and RY4. Still, after a while flavor just became unimportant to me. For several months I've been vaping flavorless e-juice. Right now I'm using Viking VG which I like a lot. I still get the pleasant feeling of vapor going in and out of my lungs and throat, and with VG I get a lot of vapor. I use a 70/30 mix of PG/VG for my Clearomizers.
Hope you eventually get something that works for you.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I keep trying to find different and good flavors to vape and I am having a terrible time. Any suggestions on some good mellow flavors and suppliers. I am not big into the regular tobacco flavors or menthol. I smoked for 20 years hated the taste then so really don't want to vape it when the possibilities are endless. I have found banana to be one that I like but other then that yuck, yuck and some more yuck!:unsure:

I started like 2 weeks ago have 50 bottles of crap juice until I found the right one. BWB Backo juice trust me its as close to a real cig as you can get and that is the only juice I smoke ever since I got it.

The only flavor I can't get along with is Cola from Totally Wicked. I thought it was awesome for a while then I must've overdone it as it can make me nauseous by the end of a full cart. It mixes very well with a fruit flavor though.

Other non-smoke-able things I have around are multi-vitamins, a coffee cup, Tiger Balm(tm) and some chewing gum, but those are in fact not to be smoked, so nobody's at fault there.

Mabel

Apr 12, 2011
Wisconsin
I am a bit of a light weight. I only vape the 6mg and 12 mg ones. I was a heavy smoker but always smoked Marlboro lights so when I switched I just started at the lower nic level right off the bat. Considering everyone in the home is still alive and I am not locked up in the nut house...must of guessed right. I think the taste bud thing could be. I have noticed at times if I vape a lot it does take on a weird taste. Thinking I might order some of the Gorilla Juice and give it a try. I did get a cream today from eliquid and its not bad. Kinda different but cant quite place the flavor, almost reminds me of a marshmellow. I will have to start playing mad scientist again and see what I can mix it with to save a flavor.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
The only flavor I can't get along with is Cola from Totally Wicked. I thought it was awesome for a while then I must've overdone it as it can make me nauseous by the end of a full cart. It mixes very well with a fruit flavor though.

Other non-smoke-able things I have around are multi-vitamins, a coffee cup, Tiger Balm(tm) and some chewing gum, but those are in fact not to be smoked, so nobody's at fault there.
Cherry cola vape anyone?

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I am still confused about the VG and PG. Most of my liquids are PG but I just got a couple of the VG in the mail. They are so thick but they are also the flavors I do not like. Is it the VG that may cause the flavoring I don't like?

could be part of it, Mabel...generally, pg gives more flavor but less vapor....vg will produce more vapor but with reduced flavor. and yes, vg is usually thicker also...
alot of juices come as a mix of both...for instance, an 80/20 pg/vg mix will give you good flavor with a decent amount of vapor...

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
VG is thick... vege glycerin... PG is thinner, proylene glycol...

people's taste and preference vary... vg gives more vapor; a plus... it burns a little easier, a neg. imo, as it causes the juice to taste burnt when that happens.
PG... less vapor, more taste imo... that's why it used to be the norm to have more PG than VG...

you can get a mix to get the best out of both...i like a 50/50 blend. If i were using a 3.7 pv (vs hi voltage)... i'd have at least 40 to 50% VG in it.
I am still confused about the VG and PG. Most of my liquids are PG but I just got a couple of the VG in the mail. They are so thick but they are also the flavors I do not like. Is it the VG that may cause the flavoring I don't like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread