Status
Not open for further replies.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Oh! one more thing! I found a good way to clean around the threads. pull a small strip of cotton from a cotton ball and wrap it around a toothpick. just the right size to get in there and clean up any spilled juice.

Your welcome :p

Or unscrew the cap and give it a bath

Dom C

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Plantation, Florida
What process are we supposed to go through if we have one of the units with a chrome top cap instead of stainless ?

I am also wondering the same thing although I'm not in a rush since Apollo doesn't seem to have any ss vtubes in stock to replace mine with. Also I've noticed that my fire button (which is just as shiny as the rest of the tube btw) seems that it doesn't quite fire perfectly. If I press it in till it clicks and release the pressure a tiny bit but not enough for it to unclick, it will stop firing and I am getting frequent misfires from this. My only other gripe is that it's very difficult to clean inside the connector and my top cap does not screw off to get in there and really clean it. I feel like even if I can get in there and clean it from what I've seen of the pics of that white plastic thing underneath that more juice is likely getting into areas that cannot be reached to be cleaned. Oh, and in regards to the ego connection, I noticed that when I put my regular joyetech ego cone on there with a standard 510 atty it seems that the cone sticks up slightly higher than the top of the atty which seems like it might be causing the issue with some skirted ego gear not connecting properly. But with a 510-510 adapter the stardusts seem to thread just fine. Although, the whole point of the ego connecter was to avoid the use of adapters.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So far the stardust/Vision eGo's seem to be the only items that won't thread on. The other "ego" style attys screw on and fire properly. At first I too was bummed about this but the more I thought about it the less it mattered to me as the use of an adapter is no big deal. I'm vaping a vision ego right now actually.

Are things moving in China again or are they still chilling over there?

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
Hrmmm, why did the thread get moved????
We were also surprised our thread was auto closed and moved by a guest! Here is the answer from ECF: "It was a new splitter plugin installed - it has been turned off for now but its being discussed whether to re-implement it. The Forum Manager suggests that you close your thread and start a new one. Apologize for this inconvenience."

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Yes, damselle, the fire button is plastic—as are the + and - buttons.

What you have for your $60 is a stainless steel Vtube, one out of a relatively tiny production run. To put that another way, you have a collector's item.

My glass is half full.

I paid $80. yes, part of the reason I purchased this tube mod is because of the limited edition, i'm a sucker for anything limited edition. but you do know that you will likely not see a return on this investment in your lifetime??

I am a bit of a perfectionist...and I'm ok with that!

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
How many holidays do they get in that country? Anyway its May 5th there now. Do they work on weekends?
They have a lot of holidays :) We got news today that the 3rd batch was also shipped today! It looks like we are going to receive both the 2nd and 3rd batches at the same time in a few days...

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hmlessalky, I sure hope you do receive it prior to heading out. I know you would have fun, but you would have MORE fun vaping your new SS VTube!!

I got my very first e-cig (Riva kit) the day before I left for Atlanta for a week. I was SO glad I didnt have to wait knowing that thing was waiting on me at home:)

WyldRice

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Minnesnowta
OK, after much deliberation, I rechecked my top cap.
It is not steel, but a chrome coating... I got the blue color in the picture, then i scraped until I saw the copper/brass color. (Do we know what it is?)
And the other pieces were solid steel.
P5020190.jpg
P5020207.jpg
P5020209.jpg
I'm wondering if they even made steel top caps?
The chrome seems thick, but has picked up scratches already.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
OK, after much deliberation, I rechecked my top cap.
It is not steel, but a chrome coating... I got the blue color in the picture, then i scraped until I saw the copper/brass color. (Do we know what it is?)
And the other pieces were solid steel.
View attachment 97986
View attachment 97987
View attachment 97988
I'm wondering if they even made steel top caps?
The chrome seems thick, but has picked up scratches already.

They said that some of the top caps may have been mixed up, some folks got true stainless and others chrome plated copper. Which probably also means that some that got chrome tubes ended up with SS tops. I think they said they are going to try to correct the error, and get those with the wrong caps the proper ones. I however WOULD NOT recommend scratching them to find out if it is chrome or SS, just get it under good light and see if it has a blueish tint (chrome) or a yellowish tint (SS). I don't know how Apollo will feel about replacing caps that have been intentionally damaged.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Hopefully for us in the second and third groups they will check for mixed up caps/tubes,that way they can focus on fixing those from the first batch and not make the problem bigger.8-o

No doubt. I know that they lost money on the preorders already, then having to replace a few caps is cutting in even more. I really don't think they will want to replace more if they can help it.

Guess we should find out this week. *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread