News about the New Apollo Stainless steel vtube - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurunade

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
NorCal
Here is the DHL tracking # for usa shipment: 7743256662. We should receive it in next few days, and ship out all backorders by end of this week or early next week.

It is amazing to see how fast it is to ship from China to UK. The shipment to our uk office was posted on the same day as our USA shipment, but is already in UK now. Here is our uk shipment tracking #: 7743256264. We should be able to ship out all our EU backorders this week.

Rejoice! Thanks for updates.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
Yeah. Bit remember they are going to have to unpack them then check all of them for proper end caps and such. I'd say if they get them tomorrow it would probably still be Friday before any real volume goes out the door. Unless they all pull an all-nighter to get them out Thursday.

So close, so close.

KJ

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
sunny,

A large part of my reason for buying this version was to use the Ego Clearomizer on the unit. I've had bad luck with more than one adapter. Are there any plans to remedy the fact that Ego Clearomizers won't fit on the unit?

A very good question that I would like an answer to as well.

Bmays

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really thought that other vendors would be selling their version of these "SS Tubes" with their names on them by now. Instead, all there has been was false claims on SS (Chrome) versions with the new top cap.

I can honestly say I am proud to own this. I hope the China folks know their hard work paid off for us "picky" Americans.:smokie:

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
sunny,

A large part of my reason for buying this version was to use the Ego Clearomizer on the unit. I've had bad luck with more than one adapter. Are there any plans to remedy the fact that Ego Clearomizers won't fit on the unit?
All Chrome lavatubes on the market have the same issue, not just Apollo Stainless Steel and Chrome vtubes. We are looking into this with the factory. In the meantime, someone in this previous thread had tried the 510-510 adaptor here: 310Vapers.com | Chrome Spacer (Cone) for use with DCTv2 Tank | e-Cigarette, eGo, 3VO, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries and said it works well.

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I've got the lowdown on some adapters, as well. I bought a bunch from different places, so I'll come in later and post photos with each adapter (cause they all look different) and if its ok with Rob, I'll post links to where the adapters came from. Those are non apollo links, so wanted to check before I did. All the adapters I got were under $3, and some of them actually look really great on my Vtube! Plus, the REALLY cool thing is that they all adjust the airflow differently. So I'm finding I like some best with some cartos, and different ones with other cartos. I know this was unintentional, and those of you who vape a lot of Ego clearos are frazzled, but I promise, I've got an adapter that looks perfect, you can't even see it, and really makes the airflow awesome, only adds a few mm of height to the carto, and works perfect with all the ego cartos I've tried... including CE4 aka Ego Stardusts. As long as Rob says its ok, I'll be back later with photos and links. But honestly, I suggest picking up a few different ones, because this has become not only a variable voltage unit, but also a variable draw... which is an unintentional HUGE benefit, imo.

Ok, so I've got a question. I haven't been in this thread much lately, and wanted to know... do we know what the resolution is for people with stainless who mistakenly got a chrome top cap? I didn't realize it at first... there was virtually no difference when it arrived. But in last week or so, I guess cause its getting use and I haven't done much extensive polishing... I can see very clearly that the stainless is getting darker and more obviously yellowish in tone, and the cap is decidedly blueish. I'm positive its chrome. I'm praying I don't have to send the wrong cap back till I get the correct cap, though, cause it would really screw me up to be without it for a few weeks. ((Crossing fingers)) Hoping Rob sees this soon, or else one of you who's had the same issue can tell me the procedure. I'm not sure if I should send email direct to apollo, or what. Thanks, anyone who has any info. <3

Oh, and I just realized... I think that link Rob gave is to the 'shortcone aka thread cover' that holds up the tank on an ego. That'll work great if you want to correct the airflow (make it less airy) to vape something like a boge or a smoktech filler carto, but won't work to vape ego cartos on it from what I can tell. It looks identical to one of the adapters I bought, and it doesn't allow the ego stuff to work (but does tighten the draw very nicely, and fits about flush with the topcap). The reason is it doesn't actually raise the 510 connection cup itself.. it just fits down the channel. I think that's the one we saw photos of in the first few days..if that's the case, that one is specifically to correct airflow, not vape ego stardust/ce4's and the like. I'm gonna go ahead and paste in the one that makes ego stardusts/ce4s fit on the device, and it is a non apollo link, so Rob, iffin you don't want this here, just remove it, or I will. I just didnt want the link to the wrong thing to be hanging out there too long, in case people bought the wrong thing. BTW, this is the one I mentioned looking perfect and not even being able to see once the ego carto is on the device, in the first paragraph. The skirt covers it entirely, and it adds only a few mm to the height. Plus, since its a closed connection, it tightens up the airflow nicely. If you DON'T want the airflow tighter, you can find a similar item at another place with an 'open' connection. It'll still tighten it some, but not as much, from what I can tell... I'll put that in later if rob says outside links to adapters only are ok. Plus, this vendor ships quick. So if you're needing it asap to vape your ego gear, you'll get it fast.
THIS is what you need to vape Ego CE4's/Ego Stardusts...
http://www.vapingzone.com/510_Shorty_Extension_Sealed/pid-204.html

Last edited:

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
Thanks Orachel for your post. We are considering producing an adaptor for the CE4/Stardust stuff, however it seems it is going to be hard to make one adaptor that satisfies all needs? Any suggestion is welcome. We prefer not linking to other vendors on this thread but we are ok for urgent solutions.

If you got a Chrome top cap, please just email our support (with a picture if possible) to let us know and we will ship a replacement cap or whole vtube to you as soon as we get more stock.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I don't see how it would be possible to make 1 adapter that would both fix air flow for people who use stuff other than ego gear with the 'skirt' on the carto AND make the Ce4/stardusts and visions work without adding a ton of bulk to the unit. Of course, I'm not a machinest or an engineer, so perhaps its possible. My thinking is that if you make an all in one adapter, and you're not using it for ego gear, it'll be really obvious and ugly. You don't see that now, with the shortie 510 adapters, because when you're using ego gear, which is the only time you use it, the skirt on the cartos covers it. My suggestion would be to make 2 different ones, one similar to the one you linked to, without the little flange at the top (I can take a photo of mine which is identical, so you see what I mean, if that'll help. The only thing you 'see' on that one is the little lip that sticks out over the top edge of the device. And then one for using ego gear, which is literally just a 5-6mm tall extension to the actual 510 cup itself, which raises the 510 connection enough that the ego carto skirt can fit down the channel built into the connection. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need good close ups of the ones that work, and then you guys can figure out how to make them look as good as possible on the unit. That way you'll have one adapter that corrects the airyness, and one that works w ego gear and corrects the airy-ness, can people can buy only what they need.

Thanks for the info on filing for replacement cap.. that's perfect. Love that you're not making me ship the whole unit in until you get the new ones. lol I'd have been bummed being without it. ;)

Last edited:

Foggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
breaking my refresh button
All Chrome lavatubes on the market have the same issue, not just Apollo Stainless Steel and Chrome vtubes. We are looking into this with the factory. In the meantime, someone in this previous thread had tried the 510-510 adaptor here: 310Vapers.com | Chrome Spacer (Cone) for use with DCTv2 Tank | e-Cigarette, eGo, 3VO, cartomizers, atomizers, batteries and said it works well.

I could use my other tubes with an adapter. The whole point was to not have to use one. I've purchased some that just don't work, so the quality is hit and miss. Also, it's another thing you have to buy and keep track of.

I do appreciate the effort that Apollo has made to hold the manufacturer to their promise of stainless, and I know that the cost has been higher than expected, but you've honored the orders you've taken. Unfortunately, this feature was a main selling point to me and in fact I would not have ordered this version if I knew in advance it would be non functional with an Ego clearomizer without an adapter.

But honestly, I suggest picking up a few different ones, because this has become not only a variable voltage unit, but also a variable draw... which is an unintentional HUGE benefit, imo.

I have to disagree. I'd prefer the draw and the connector both be correct out of the box.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
Ok the good news is that the shipment is in Los Angles, but the bad news is there is a delay now with customs clearance - i.e. in FDA's hands now. They really should not do this any more!

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a nag, but I've never dealt with customs. How long of a process is it for them to clear the shipment? Hours? Days? Weeks? 87.94 years? Just want to get a rough idea to get mentally prepared. Stupid customs!

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
Sorry, I'm not trying to be a nag, but I've never dealt with customs. How long of a process is it for them to clear the shipment? Hours? Days? Weeks? 87.94 years? Just want to get a rough idea to get mentally prepared. Stupid customs!
Unfortunately this can take a week to a month. We are doing our best to get it cleared asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread