NHaler - Proper Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny H

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
www.e-cigarette-stores.com
Danny I have taken apart every single KR cart I have vaped...I have burned every single on of them until recently. Only in the last couple of weeks I have been doing well and not burning them up. Some of these carts are filled well...about 20%...most of them aren't. Did you seen the pic that Wegster took of a brand new cart after 12 drags.....well the cart was burnt completely through. All the waiting in the world wouldn't have saved the cart. Danny try this....it is better for you to add the liquid before you ever start vaping....add enough to get the cart looking moist but not wet....if you added too much blow out the liquid. Once the cart looks moist put the cart back together and start vaping...every 30 hits add 4 drops of liquid....throw away after 200 or so hits. It is far easier and safer to preemptively to add liquid before risking the cart getting dry....since as soon as the cart becomes remotely dry....you'll burn through the cart.

Ok, now this will help, thanks.

I suppose if the cart hasn't absorbed the liquid at 20% since it has been sitting around since it has been bought then holding out for 5 days won't help much:) I know nothing about glycerin and its absorption rate, and seeing that your correct with this then there may be something else we can do to make it absorb more. I heard something about adding distilled water to it but havent tried it, I ll pick up a gallon this evening and experiment a little.

I ll also order a bunch more carts so if i blow it.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Danny...Yeah you can add a drop of water to revive the cart....don't go over board with the water...add only a drop or two. You can also use Johnsons Creek juice....those are thinner than most other ejuice. They make very tasty juices...but with the KR808rd they make the vapor production and throat hit go down a lot....but the carts actually last longer....i think they wick very evenly so the carts actually last longer with them. Some of my carts start out pretty harsh so adding the JC smoothes them out...but I prefer to use eastmall juice regularly since you get the most vapor with the ticker juices.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Danny- I hope your method works. I don't believe it does, or to qualify it, I understand your point, and think it may make some level of sense. However, so does Edo's method and reasoning. We'd all like to see these last longer, work better, not burn, etc.

Take one of these apart from the mouthpiece and inner seal. Next, drip 4 drops in from the battery end, preferably of a different liquid. Wait a few seconds (like maybe 3 at most), then look inside the mouthpiece - the liquid runs *right* down the middle, before it wicks/is absorbed *outwards* away from the atty/wire inside.

Part of the reason for this..these carts are made a bit odd seeming, but there's a rube coming towards the mouthpiece, fixed to the battery end. That tube actually stops *right* before the atty coil, so if you're dripping from the battery end...it's depositing right around the coil, and then it's flowing out to the rest of the poly and the 'sponge' wick around the coil.

This may be actually beneficial to us, using Edos method, but is effectively doing what you're worried most about - the inner wick drying up. It's unlikely *if* you drip from the battery..take one apart and see if you don't agree.

However, the tube placement also would seem to mean it's unlikely the carts are ever really 'totally full' again, unless you also remove the mouthpiece, and drip from that end as well and let it sit/absorb towards the battery. It is possible of course, the poly (the outer wick is near identical to 3 pc cart filler) wicks better than I think, but it's really not terribly absorbent, if at all..the liquid occupies the air space in it more than in the material itself, I believe. The inner wick (wrapped aorund the coil) is another beast though, and is truly absorbent..

Danny H

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2009
    Danny- I hope your method works. I don't believe it does, or to qualify it, I understand your point, and think it may make some level of sense. However, so does Edo's method and reasoning. We'd all like to see these last longer, work better, not burn, etc.

Take one of these apart from the mouthpiece and inner seal. Next, drip 4 drops in from the battery end, preferably of a different liquid. Wait a few seconds (like maybe 3 at most), then look inside the mouthpiece - the liquid runs *right* down the middle, before it wicks/is absorbed *outwards* away from the atty/wire inside.

Part of the reason for this..these carts are made a bit odd seeming, but there's a rube coming towards the mouthpiece, fixed to the battery end. That tube actually stops *right* before the atty coil, so if you're dripping from the battery end...it's depositing right around the coil, and then it's flowing out to the rest of the poly and the 'sponge' wick around the coil.

This may be actually beneficial to us, using Edos method, but is effectively doing what you're worried most about - the inner wick drying up. It's unlikely *if* you drip from the battery..take one apart and see if you don't agree.

However, the tube placement also would seem to mean it's unlikely the carts are ever really 'totally full' again, unless you also remove the mouthpiece, and drip from that end as well and let it sit/absorb towards the battery. It is possible of course, the poly (the outer wick is near identical to 3 pc cart filler) wicks better than I think, but it's really not terribly absorbent, if at all..the liquid occupies the air space in it more than in the material itself, I believe. The inner wick (wrapped aorund the coil) is another beast though, and is truly absorbent..

I always try to be logical, lol.
    Yep, I've taken them apart and understand. Just trying to figure them out for myself. I burnt up two new ones last night, pretty much, I ll let em sit and see what happens. Either way I love em, so smooth..lol

Out of the ones i have this one is certainly the best, i got one that shuts off just as its starting to taste good, and one thats, well, just not worth talking about. For it to taste great you kinda have to make them well done, that is if you like strong hits and i do. Thats more than likely why i burn em out so fast and i guess thats the way it will be. I ll stay on rotation and get back to ya but i think EDO is more on the money than i am.

These camel ones are so tasty, just had to throw that it, yummy. I love this thing, what a difference, makes ya sleepy after a long night at work.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
    May 18, 2009
    Marshall, Michigan
    Well, ok Drew. I will be the new counter. I already started a new cartridge and my battery is low on juice (I didn't charge it last night), so I will count with the next cartridge I start. My other battery should be here tomorrow.
    I was gonna mention to you that it takes 3 days for stuff to get to Michigan, just an FYI. :)

Thanks for cutting me some slack, not only am I a newbie, but I'm blonde too! lol

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    Just teasing a little honey:p...I have tried counting a bunch of times and I never got past 60 something for some reason?:oops: I think I could get things to Michigan faster than that for our official counter, in a pinch!:rolleyes: You just let me know if theres a delay and I will straighten it out...A blonde newbie puff counter...That sorta has a nice ring to it?!?...:thumbs:

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
    May 18, 2009
    Marshall, Michigan
    Teasing is good, we're all friends here! I will count just so I can get a grip on my own useage. That way I will know how much to order and I won't have to say "Drew, make it quick"! 3 days from Jersey to Michigan isn't that bad, it could be worse.

I forgot to mention the gray strands mixed with the blonde :oops:, but there is still more blonde than gray!

Puff counter, hmm, I dunno, good thing we all know what is being referred to!:lol:

Danny H

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2009
    Teasing is good, we're all friends here! I will count just so I can get a grip on my own useage. That way I will know how much to order and I won't have to say "Drew, make it quick"! 3 days from Jersey to Michigan isn't that bad, it could be worse.

I forgot to mention the gray strands mixed with the blonde :oops:, but there is still more blonde than gray!

Puff counter, hmm, I dunno, good thing we all know what is being referred to!:lol:

Ahem, i already know my name..hehe

And i cant count, so ....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread