Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Nude Nic seems to be putting out a lot of odd information about e-liquid chemistry, which they do not seem to understand well. Benzaldehyde being another one. Lots of flavor compounds can be irritants without being toxic. I applaud the spirit of their concerns and trying to solve them, but their chemistry has much to be desired, and they are falsely representing the dangers, or the lack thereof, of several common flavor compounds.
They seem to have a habit of abusing the English language. On several occasions, their website has mentioned "chartering" an aircraft to bring in their next batch of pure nic. I really wanted to write them and say, "'Chartered', you keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means." ;)

They have darn good nic though.

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
After checking my base, I found something had contaminated my VG which is where the irritation was coming from. I can now judge the nicotine bases better. Heartland at 3mg is smooth as glass to my tastebuds. I opened some NN I had for comparison and I can't really tell much of a difference. Disclaimer: I am not in anyway an expert just a happy camper who now can rest assured one liter of nicotine is vapable!

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I have decided NN is a bit too pure for my preferences. I've never considered myself a throat hit junkie. I went off PG due to how it ravages my throat. I perceive zero throat hit with NN and apparently I do like a bit of a thump. Back to WL. I did mix the nics 50/50 and that makes it work okay. Might be perfect if I have a sore throat/head cold in the future. That has become rare since I started vaping though. If you want super clean, no throat hit, I recommend you try NN.

I do appreciate NN offers a sample. Wish more vendors would since it is "the" ingredient of my addiction.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah NN is some unnoticeable stuff. :)

Just and update on the usa-LN, the different taste it has does come through on lighter tobacco mixes.

The flavor is reminiscent of something; in a woody or chemical way, not sure. Basal, cedar wood, or basalm (terpentine) maybe or possibly, I'll go on a limb, its a kerosene note like older nics.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Jeremy, when you say "woody", then it's not the "standard" nutty smell/taste, that also is pretty woddy and damp tobacco'y? (source notes of source material overpowering real nic scent.).

As that alchem reply I posted some ago stated, then different batches nic will smell/taste different based upon which type tobacco used, which part of plant used, how much aging of leaf done and soil conditions etc.

However, i'm guessing it's not that... :)

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I don't know, but still I would think as said that there's the issue of soil conditions from farm to farm, and aging of leaf and which part of plant-leaf used, which time of year and climate changes... No expert though myself, whatsoever :) (... Just taking in what the more knowledgeble people tells us...)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have decided NN is a bit too pure for my preferences. I've never considered myself a throat hit junkie. I went off PG due to how it ravages my throat. I perceive zero throat hit with NN and apparently I do like a bit of a thump. Back to WL. I did mix the nics 50/50 and that makes it work okay. Might be perfect if I have a sore throat/head cold in the future. That has become rare since I started vaping though. If you want super clean, no throat hit, I recommend you try NN.

I do appreciate NN offers a sample. Wish more vendors would since it is "the" ingredient of my addiction.

That's what happened to me also. Except it was XtremeVaping nic- just way too clean. Tried WL, awesome. I try to imagine that I might be foregoing those chemicals used in the final rinse from those xtra clean mixes. :)

( I'm really just here to Bump this thread )

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Thanks to you all for this very interesting and informative thread. I think that NN may be right for me; I don't care for throat hit. I like Alien Traveler's description as "invisible". My 15 ml sample is on the way.
    Rossum, as always, you are a thought provoker - thanks.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I bought a liter of ECX nic (PG-100mg/ml) this past Labor day. I have to say I'm impressed. Clean and clear. I vape 6mg/ml but make higher strengths for a family member. I don't detect any harshness or any taste aversions with this nicotine. I really like it and have settled for this brand.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    soCal
    The USA_LN arrived. Stuck my nose it and got a great nasal tingle and a solvent odor. Rut roh. Has a pink tinge that is barely noticeable mixed down.

Mixed at 12mg/ml, it is very, very smooth. Less TH than WL. I detect zero pepper flavor and no nasal tingle on exhale. No solvent taste at all, however I'm not picking up any woody notes either. I do get a nutty note. Not the fake type I detect from flavorings. Its light and seems to give a nice mouth feel. A richness. Hard to put unto words.

Its early days and I'm on meds for a bum tooth. So far, so good.

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    The woddy/nutty/tobacco'y notes in nicselect nic, and others matching, for me, gets highly pronounced with heat and oxidation. I don't notice the pepper tingle highten, as many states, but maybe it's because im only using 3mg, I dunno...

I cant really differentiate if it's more woddy or nutty or what, but I believe it's the scent/taste of damp tobacco leaves, which hasen't been filtered out fully from the solution, like with the invisible nics, and which have that deep "forrest'y" aroma...

And it indeed, gives off a nice mouthfeel and added richness, in unflavored vaping...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread