Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yiana, your nic is most probably fine... Nic dosen't smell good, period(although certain aspects of it can) - if you have a good sense of smell, as it's not just neutral or tobacco, but a chemical alkaline element to it. I also pick up some kind of leathery-type scent...

Anyway, it's pretty normal to even recieve brand new nic in a yellow tint, and the very slight O2 amount in the vg/pg is enough by itself to lightly color the liquid... I remember also some premium VT nic taken up from the freezer and also had gotten a light tint to it...

Note, the above is related to nic stored unused in a little over a month in a dark cold closet...

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
In my humble opinion and experience I have to say HEAT is a nicotines worst enemy. I live in a sweatbox and learned the hard way that any nicotine oxidizes quickly with heat. :cry: That is why all my nic goes into the fridge or for longer storage into the freezerator. :thumb:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've heard that about heat too. Even shipping during the summer months is enough to negatively affect nic. That's one of the reasons I'm reluctant to use even a hot water bath for mixing or steeping unless I can't avoid it. That's a hard call since I mix with no pg added. I have better luck doing it the hard way and letting mixes rest for a min of 3 months or more. tobacco flavors don't seem to peak until 6 months. PG is much easier to work with.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey there all,

I am looking to replace some nicotine I purchased from Health cabin which you might recall I said makes me feel a bit sick and has a dull throat hit a few weeks ago.

Well I have been doing some research into American based nicotine juice vendors and have come up with a short list that ships to Australia which includes Nude Nicotine, Vapestrek, Heartlands Vapor, Vaping Zone and Myfreedomsmokes.

Can someone give me their opinions on these and which have the best nicotine juice for throat hit? I like to vape Naturally Extracted Tobaccos that I mouth to lung inhale so I am looking for a nicotine juice that has some throat hit but still is pure and neutral in flavor.

Any opinions on the above lines or any others would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Anthony,
If you only vape tobacco flavors, I would go with the My freedom smokes nic. It's all I use, but have tried the others. There are differences in smoothness and taste to all the ones you listed, so you will get subjective answers to this question. The MFS nic is the right price for a good product IMHO.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Hey there all,

I am looking to replace some nicotine I purchased from Health cabin which you might recall I said makes me feel a bit sick and has a dull throat hit a few weeks ago.

Well I have been doing some research into American based nicotine juice vendors and have come up with a short list that ships to Australia which includes Nude Nicotine, Vapestrek, Heartlands Vapor, Vaping Zone and Myfreedomsmokes.

Can someone give me their opinions on these and which have the best nicotine juice for throat hit? I like to vape Naturally Extracted Tobaccos that I mouth to lung inhale so I am looking for a nicotine juice that has some throat hit but still is pure and neutral in flavor.

Any opinions on the above lines or any others would be appreciated.

I have only used three of the five you mention, NN, VT & MFS. NN & VT (Premium & TH) are very clean with little to no throat hit @ 12mg/ml or below. MFS is an average nic with average throat-hit and not near as clean tasting as the other two I mentioned.

Someone else will add their thoughts on HV & VZ nics, I'm sure.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Vaping zone was harsh to me and is very expensive. Heartland sells what I believe is nicselect nicotine and is a decent product for the money.

I would try to get some vt throat hit nic for the money. It is a better product flavorwise than heartland imho. I personally really like the nude nicotine for its neutral taste.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony,
If you only vape tobacco flavors, I would go with the My freedom smokes nic. It's all I use, but have tried the others. There are differences in smoothness and taste to all the ones you listed, so you will get subjective answers to this question. The MFS nic is the right price for a good product IMHO.

Thanks jdurand, I am leaning in that direction. My
Freedom smokes is one of the few that ships to Australia for a reasonable price. Vapestrek and heartland Vapor charge a prohibitively high price with fedex making them a no no for Aussies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Vaping zone was harsh to me and is very expensive. Heartland sells what I believe is nicselect nicotine and is a decent product for the money.

I would try to get some vt throat hit nic for the money. It is a better product flavorwise than heartland imho. I personally really like the nude nicotine for its neutral taste.

Yeah I can see how the neutral tasting and smooth nicotines from NN and VT would be ideal for those mixing fruit and dessert liquids for vaping in a sub ohm device. I too like smooth nicotine for my sub ohm devices but I don't mix my own.

The only mixing I do is for home made Natural Tobacco extracts. Tobacco liquids tend to suit nicotine that is 'peppery ' and has throat hit.

I was looking at Vapestrek throat hit nicotine and the cost of shipping to Australia is ridiculous and practically crosses it off the list of vendors who ship overseas. They ship through fedex and want $60 for shipping just 1/4 of a litre of nicotine juice.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You might also want to ck RTS. I know they do overseas shipping and they are reliable nic supplier. They also have a first time customer discount.

Yeah RTS is one I didn't look at but hear about it frequently on boards. What is their throat hit like ?

If they do affordable shipping I might try them out.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Yeah RTS is one I didn't look at but hear about it frequently on boards. What is their throat hit like ?

If they do affordable shipping I might try them out.
More than NN or VT but less than WL. It's tasty but not nasty at all :thumb:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Yea, having a cart to somehow describe nics would probably be helpful.

I was thinking of definitions for 3 to 5 characteristics that people ask about most (keep it simple) so that we're all talking the same language; peppery is a flavor to some and to others a sensation.

Then a scale of 0 to 5, with 0 being not detectable and 5 would be maximum/unvapeable.

Ideally, list the suppliers and have everyone who orders give their rating in a poll. Realistically, the number of suppliers would probably have to be limited as well.

The number of "votes" would be listed under the level of that characteristic, i.e. NN...Taste, 20 say 0. Throat Hit, 4 say 0, 2 say 1, 0 say 3, 1 says 4. And so on. That way it could be updated as needed (not constantly).

The idea is to compile averages. Most people know if they want some flavor, none or strong and they could look at the chart to determine "a little of this, none of that, but lots of this".

If people rated each new delivery, if a vendor wasn't consitant, that would show up with ratings all over the place. That's important to know too.

For the most part, all the vendors on ECF have good customer service, shipping, prices are subjective, and this is about the nic only.

I'm thinking as I type and I have no idea how ECF's forum software works, nor where a poll could be posted. Just a thought. Now I gotta get back to work. Ciao.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
A poll was what I thought would be best too. Each brand needs it's own 5 (ect.) polling categories and then embedded with an overall result of each category.

A poll because it's easy, can get high numbers of results. The best way would be hundreds of pollsters that way inconsistencies would be fractionalized by the number of opinions.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
A poll was what I thought would be best too. Each brand needs it's own 5 (ect.) polling categories and then embedded with an overall result of each category.

A poll because it's easy, can get high numbers of results. The best way would be hundreds of pollsters that way inconsistencies would be fractionalized by the number of opinions.
Fractionalized! That's the word I was looking for. I think I spent an hour on that post trying to find the way to say it. Equp, attys, pg/vg ratios, would be marginalized.

I don't know what this boards poll software can handle and I know nothing about spreadsheets but looking at google docs, that doesn't look as horrible of a connection as my ____ internet service. Are you volunteering?

Bulk Apothecary is having a sale. PGVGSale, anyone know the volume on 10 pounds? [emoji513] [emoji508] [emoji517] [emoji518] [emoji526] [emoji509]

Reactions: Dixie1954

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Using this converter - Weight to Volume Conversion (Online Units Converter) - 10lb of VG from Bulk Apothecary and it works out to 121.8 oz. They sell PG in 8lb containers that work out to 127.1 oz.

Although I typically use Essential Depot quarts with Amazon Prime for free shipping, this sale came out cheaper than even the ED two gallon sales. 10lb VG +8lb PG, $36.52 total shipped UPS ground to Michigan.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Fractionalized! That's the word I was looking for. I think I spent an hour on that post trying to find the way to say it. Equp, attys, pg/vg ratios, would be marginalized.

I don't know what this boards poll software can handle and I know nothing about spreadsheets but looking at google docs, that doesn't look as horrible of a connection as my ____ internet service. Are you volunteering?

Bulk Apothecary is having a sale. PGVGSale, anyone know the volume on 10 pounds? [emoji513] [emoji508] [emoji517] [emoji518] [emoji526] [emoji509]

Yeah there's probably a better word, marginalize any wild extremes of opinion.

From what I've seen in passing I feel it would probably have to be hosted on another site or a Google set-up but spreadsheets aren't user friendly usually. I see a poll with the different brands, click on brand make selections save and it exports results to the overall chart.

If I find a way and some time I will. :)

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking each new shipment for the future, rather than a grade on the brand. There's a couple of DIY forums with ECF members who'd take it as well. I can see getting quite a few responses.

Come to think of it, there's a google doc that links to spreadsheets for automatic updates. Only minor fixes required to stay current. At first I was thinking forum board poll.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Using this converter - Weight to Volume Conversion (Online Units Converter) - 10lb of VG from Bulk Apothecary and it works out to 121.8 oz. They sell PG in 8lb containers that work out to 127.1 oz.

Although I typically use Essential Depot quarts with Amazon Prime for free shipping, this sale came out cheaper than even the ED two gallon sales. 10lb VG +8lb PG, $36.52 total shipped UPS ground to Michigan.
That seemed like such an odd way of pkging, but I guess not. I've heard lots of good about it. They carry some unique vials / bottles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread