No leak tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked

Dec 29, 2015
I've had a nautilus mini for a while now and can honestly say it's never leaked one drop. I carry it around in my coat pocket, bouncing it around daily and keep expecting it to leak a little, but it never has so far. I'm sure others have had different results. Maybe I just got a good one, but I'm going to get another one, and maybe the 5 mil version also. I do hate a leaking tank.

Reactions: David Wolf

Uniphish

Feb 1, 2016
Rutland, VT
I've had a nautilus mini for a while now and can honestly say it's never leaked one drop. I carry it around in my coat pocket, bouncing it around daily and keep expecting it to leak a little, but it never has so far. I'm sure others have had different results. Maybe I just got a good one, but I'm going to get another one, and maybe the 5 mil version also. I do hate a leaking tank.
Both of mine leak.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Pick one you like and buy it. If it works out for you, buy a couple more.
I've had great luck with Subtank Minis, while others swear they just dump juice.
I have 3 Crown tanks that never have leaked with factory coils and leak when I screw up the wicking using the RBA. Others will tell you that the Crown is second only to pouring straight out of the bottle when it comes to losing juice.
I have no idea what would make either tank leak when using factory coils as mine get taken on planes, thrown into the cup holder on cross country trips, fall to the floor occasionally, just no special babying.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
All tanks leak if used or set up improperly. Tanks need that vacuum/negative pressure in the tank to stop juice from flowing through the coil into the air camber and out the air holes. That's why it's very important to make sure all seals and o-rings are doing their job.

My Nautilus Minis have leaked and it's always because the seal at the top of the glass and the part that the drip tip goes into isn't sealed correctly. I replaced my glass tanks on my Nautilus Minis with the one piece stainless steel tanks and they haven't leaked since.

Reactions: Muru

whatmonkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
InACity
I"ve seen people comment that the Triton tends to leak, but I've had mine a few months, it's the only thing I vape from, and the *only* time I've had a leak is when I've been trying to push a coil well past where I knew it should have been changed. Somehow this messes up something with the flow through the device, and I'll get (small) leaks from the upper vent if I set it down in that condition.

I've never had a leak from a coil that was not worn out, and I love everything about this tank. Unlike the Triton 2, you can't fully disassemble it, but I think there have been some different complaints from the Triton 2, so pick your poison I suppose.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
In terms of no leaking and mouth to lung, the only thing that comes to mind the Sense Hydra tank. It's a nice small mouth to lung, but note that the 1.8 coil is an interesting one and goes up to something like 15-50W. I usually vape mine around 20W; anything less doesn't produce much vapor. Worth looking into.

It's never leaked on me, and no juice in my mouth. I've had better for flavor, but it's really dependable and simple. Sort of like a super Nautlius mini.

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
I have extensive experience with Kanger Subtank mini's and the plus model...mine have never leaked with factory coils. I've only had the Uwell Crown for a month or so, and they have never leaked on me either...using both top fill and bottom fill. Checking your tanks for a tight seal is pretty easy, just plug up the airflow holes with your fingers and draw on the tank, if you can pull some air, you have an bad seal somewhere. If you use your factory coils beyond their lifespan, they can also start leaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread