Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Hey FB have you tried the Cloud Chaser DT from Cherry Vapes? I think I'll be moving most if not all of my attys to them. Fusion and Loki excluded. Also the mini universal from Cherry Vapes is cheaper and very good although a little taller.
I actually changed from that tip to the Omega and got a completely different vape, smoother. I also tried a 4mm bore Pyrex tip.

EDIT might also partly be due to the SS tip.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Hey FB have you tried the Cloud Chaser DT from Cherry Vapes? I think I'll be moving most if not all of my attys to them. Fusion and Loki excluded. Also the mini universal from Cherry Vapes is cheaper and very good although a little taller.

I'm still liking the Cloud Chaser that came on my first VA Cyclone just fine... have thought about getting a SS one, maybe another black Delrin.

I actually changed from that tip to the Omega and got a completely different vape, smoother. I also tried a 4mm bore Pyrex tip.

EDIT might also partly be due to the SS tip.

Currently using 4 ST050 pyrex tips from Signature Tips in the UK on my Reo's, 2 SS and 2 Brass. They are pretty good match for the RM2's and RM3's.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Forgot to add... a second Nuppin' is headed my way... and I haven't even made the time to do a build on the first one I got a couple of days ago. I just like the concept, the clean look of them without any logos on them, and the size since the 22mm BF's don't interest me. Pretty sure they will reside on a couple of LP Grand's, and with the stock SS, plus a set of brass and copper AFC sleeves plenty of eye appeal versatility. I'll probably do both a dual KGD and single RxW as first builds on them to start getting a feel for them.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
This size looks perfect. And since I'm lazy/ADD kicks in and didn't read the entire thread so if this is a repeat question, I apologize. I want one of these but it looks complicated to build on. I don't get where one end of the wire going into the hole. Is this really hard to build and can a single coil also be used?

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Positive goes in the center post negative goes down a hole in the deck and is captured by the side set screw. It seems weird at first but you quickly adjust. There is a video that shows it. I run single coil in the 1 ohm range and really like it.

Compared to the Apollo?

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
IMG_20141103_212050961.jpg
Nuppin has just crushed my fave IGO-S,
R41 @ 0.72 is my first build, just threw some rayon at it to "test" it out, WOW
My all year build is MM @ 0.5 with RX in an IGO-s, and this higher res build is crushing it in the flavor dept.
Oh year my current MM build and wick are probably 4 months old at this point, but still, it is an incredible little atty :D
IMG_20141103_212644538.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That there is a STUNNING device.
<<--wants

IMG_20141103_212050961.jpg
Nuppin has just crushed my fave IGO-S,
R41 @ 0.72 is my first build, just threw some rayon at it to "test" it out, WOW
My all year build is MM @ 0.5 with RX in an IGO-s, and this higher res build is crushing it in the flavor dept.
Oh year my current MM build and wick are probably 4 months old at this point, but still, it is an incredible little atty :D
IMG_20141103_212644538.jpg

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
:offtopic:
@FB
Do you still use your Patriot RBA mod?

No he doesn't, but I do use it although not all the time.

After trying the Patriot, Odin, RM5 and now a Apollo. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like big RBAs. Have to remind myself to stick with the smaller ones. That's why I like the Nuppin it a relatively small deck that performs well with single or dual coils and has a great AFC ring.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Rocking Absinthe tonight on my LP Grand SV with my first 3mm RxW build in a Nuppin'. The single 28ga came out a little higher than shooting for at .8 ohm. I still have a lot playing to do as I'm new to RxW same as the Nuppin's, so still trying to find my spot with 3mm RxW and haven't even tried the 2mm yet. The oddball Nuppin' build is way easier than it looks in pictures with more than ample room to work... and easier than builds on some of my other atty's. So I see the Nuppin's as being used daily when I get builds figured out for them that match favored jooses.

Nuppin' #2 ought to be here tomorrow, and when built will go on my LP Grand TRA with either a brass or SS AFC sleeve. Probably will try a dual KGD build on it for starters because I should be able to hit the sweet spot with it first build with very long cotton build experience.

I'm not giving up my smaller bf's that are my Reo staples, all easy enough to build and are rich vapor flavor magnets. The other larger bf's are on their way out when I get to it though.

nuppin1.jpg

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Wow you guys are making me want to pull the trigger on this one. So do you feel its more towards a warmer vape and a decent atty for MTL hits? Not too airy? And most importantly, any leak issues yet?

I was pretty sold on getting the Apollo but not many reviews yet. The Nuppin looks to have a smaller chamber too which was what I was looking for. Like the size of the RM4.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Wow you guys are making me want to pull the trigger on this one. So do you feel its more towards a warmer vape and a decent atty for MTL hits? Not too airy? And most importantly, any leak issues yet?

I was pretty sold on getting the Apollo but not many reviews yet. The Nuppin looks to have a smaller chamber too which was what I was looking for. Like the size of the RM4.

Warm or cool - lung airy - golf ball through a garden hose tight this baby does it all, and looks great doing it.

Really I've had many devices with air flow control that didn't really work as intended. The nupp's air flow works flawlessly from wide open to closed (though it does whistle a bit).

And being it works great with single or dual coils you can build to what ever temp level you desire.

Single 1.2 ohm with the air flow about 1/4 open is a great vape.
Dual 0.6 ohm with the air flow about 1/2 -5/8 open is a great vape.

all my builds anymore use 3mm RxW and its a dream in this atty.

My only slight gripe is the coil(s) need to sit about 1.5 mm higher over the deck than I would like. Then need to be there to match up with the air flow and get the proper TH for me. But that does mean I have to squonk a fair amount of juice to soak the coils. Thankfully this baby drains really really well if you keep the deck floor clear of wick.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thanks for the info. I'm a KGD gal so I assume this works well too. Well I hope. I see most reviews right now are the RxW. And good to hear about the AFC working better than most. I tried nearly every configuration on the Odin and never could get it to be less airy and as warm as I wanted. The chamber was just too large, IMO, to get it right for me.

Don't get me wrong, the Odin is a great atty, well made but I think better for lung hitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread