Odorless vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I'm always baffled when I hear people claim that vaping is odorless. Of the many different juices I've vaped so far, exactly all of them have left a readily discernable scent in the air. Some clear out faster than others, and some are more subtle than others, but they all have an odor.

When I want to be stealthy, I choose a light juice that smells like something I might be eating. Wintergreen is my go-to juice for this. People can notice it, but assume I'm eating a mint.

Why do people claim it's odorless? Is it because their ability to smell has been impaired by smoking? Is it because the scent of a given juice happens to match another scent source in the room? Do some people just have more sensitive noses than others?

Marketing hype. I think that what people mean is "no foul odor", like cigarettes create, but some people find "fresh scents" to be just as off-putting as cigarette smoke - when I visit my parents, for instance, they don't mind if I vape in the house, but strongly prefer that I do it in the basement - which is fine considering that's where their home theater is and the fact that they'd never have tolerated me smoking real cigarettes in the house.

For the ultimate stealth vape in an office environment, I use coffee flavors, elsewhere, pure VG or PG with a flavorless nicotine additive seems to be the most discreet thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread