Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hello all,:)

Long time no see :blush: I came to show of my Radius.

L0gfFgW.jpg
Very Nice!!!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I have a vision of a dream mod, one side a bar, the other a tube, a collaboration between two great companies, one great mod. Give it any crazy name you want to, it would sell like crazy...steel, aluminum, titanium, carbon fiber. All these materials would be feasible.
It's nice to dream...
;)

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Any Graphite Grey option choosers, I have a question.

Does your beauty ring have uneven color?
18efc2d9179b0ddba8b1c1c25bf4a8e9.jpg

608a6b9a4c5a85afee21f67133d7e1c1.jpg

The lettering on my ring seems to have avoided the vapor deposition of the Graphite Grey coloring.
Just curious if it's like this across the board, or if I should bother Blake and have him send me a new one.
Deja vu... you sir, have fine taste!

I've got pretty much the same thing as you, the ProVape is mostly silver/untreated, the Made in USA has some of the letters coated, whereas some are silver... I do not however have the changing color banding that you do.

At this stage I'm not really carefully examining new mods for cosmetic defects; I'm more at test firing them and using for a day or two, prior to packing them back up in case of Vapocalypse. Works great. Looks great. Hooray, done, my ProVari collection is complete and I now have at least 1 of every model, a lot more of some ;-)

FWIW I went with graphite grey, because my stealth Ti's are not wearing very well, a year to a year and a half later, they're getting pretty beat up. Whatever coating process ProVape is using, it wears differently than whatever Zen does (which doesn't seem to chip and scratch). IDK, I haven't closely followed the threads discussing the different methodologies used by ProVape vs. Zen, I just know that stealth gets beat up after a year+ and the shinySh1nY stays sh1ny ;-)

Radius.jpg

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Deja vu... you sir, have fine taste!

I've got pretty much the same thing as you, the ProVape is mostly silver/untreated, the Made in USA has some of the letters coated, whereas some are silver... I do not however have the changing color banding that you do.

At this stage I'm not really carefully examining new mods for cosmetic defects; I'm more at test firing them and using for a day or two, prior to packing them back up in case of Vapocalypse. Works great. Looks great. Hooray, done, my ProVari collection is complete and I now have at least 1 of every model, a lot more of some ;-)

FWIW I went with graphite grey, because my stealth Ti's are not wearing very well, a year to a year and a half later, they're getting pretty beat up. Whatever coating process ProVape is using, it wears differently than whatever Zen does (which doesn't seem to chip and scratch). IDK, I haven't closely followed the threads discussing the different methodologies used by ProVape vs. Zen, I just know that stealth gets beat up after a year+ and the shinySh1nY stays sh1ny ;-)

View attachment 591965

Ceracoat and zencoat are different beasts.

Ceracoat whether applied by ProVape or Zen is not a very durable finish.

Now zencoat or pvd on the other hand is not a paint and is much more durable than ceracoat.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
:tumble:

hello

hello

hello

hello....

:thumb: for the Radius. Mine has been a daily companion for nearly a year now. :wub:

see y'all later.....

Not far behind you. Both my wife and I have 2 Radii that are our ADVs. Come Oct will be 1 year since the first one arrived.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
When I plugged her Radius (40 watt) into my PC and started the program, it (program) found the device and listed Ver. 26 and 40cc. I chose Ver.26 and clicked on, "Program." Don't quote me on what the button I clicked on actually read that started the download, that's the best I remember.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
When I plugged her Radius (40 watt) into my PC and started the program, it (program) found the device and listed Ver. 26 and 40cc. I chose Ver.26 and clicked on, "Program." Don't quote me on what the button I clicked on actually read that started the download, that's the best I remember.
Thanks Gin!!!

Reactions: coldgin96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread