VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Beastly but still beautiful :)

8a842f29be97221389e8e4b6da642ab2.jpg

Did I need to quote the image? Nope. But that is, without a doubt, the prettiest 26650 tube combo I've ever seen. Yowza.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Did I need to quote the image? Nope. But that is, without a doubt, the prettiest 26650 tube combo I've ever seen. Yowza.

Unfortunately the mech has turned out to be somewhat of a dud. :(

The magnetic switch is crunchy and sticky as hell and I'm getting hot button issues galore regardless of how I adjust the throw. Very disappointed with it. I've replaced the magnets with a spare mech spring I had and that fixes everything nicely but now it isn't performing as well. I'm searching for a nicer spring for it but for now it is on a shelf.

I do however love the scythe rda so I went ahead and ordered a nemesis 30 to replace the bfm. Should look almost exactly the same in hybrid mode except for the different switch designs.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I started filling my Zest V1 like this guy does in this vid around 8:00 min mark:

I really like the authentic V1 I have which has 3 holes on the deck. I also have 3 Lite clones (3 holes on deck also) and a Zest V2 clone (2 holes on deck). I agree they are flavor producers for sure, very, very smooth and rich.

My confusion comes with all the versioning and different options. Sorry, I still don't have it all clear in my head LOL.

WOW , thanks, this looks like the best way !!!! I LOVE my Phenoms.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My confusion comes with all the versioning and different options. Sorry, I still don't have it all clear in my head LOL.

I have a feeling, even "THEY" ( GUS mods) dont quite remember. :) All I know is that each version was an improvement , mostly for the more air people.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Well, if this turns out to be a dud it's all your fault.
Somehow I doubt it.

New arrival, the XXIX. Bro.

Maybe it is just the massive size of the button and housing not gelling with a simple 2 magnet setup on the bfm. I have heard nothing but good about all of their other mods. Regardless, it is a problem I intend to solve as I really do like the mech and want to use it.

That shiny new copper sure does look purdy!

Reactions: petrotech

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Maybe it is just the massive size of the button and housing not gelling with a simple 2 magnet setup on the bfm. I have heard nothing but good about all of their other mods. Regardless, it is a problem I intend to solve as I really do like the mech and want to use it.

That shiny new copper sure does look purdy!
I guess I better get it over with and touch it.

Speaking of nasty 26650s, behold the Mutant II

resizedmutant.jpg

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Omg! I loved that mech! I tried so hard to find an authentic after I missed the boat on them. I vaped the clone of it almost exclusively for a year and a half, it was that good. I only buy clones to see if I want to go all in on the original. If not then the clone is put away.

Always performed solid and the button design was genius! I love the machine brushed finish on it too. Very grippy. Still got that mod and plan to keep it in case of vapeocalypse.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I wonder what size spring it would need, I think I have at least one big spring somewhere.
Pm me if you'd like me to send it your way.

Well I've tried a few, mosly on the wider side like the one in my cartel, which I thought might do the trick and keep it more stable but there's too much spring there. Might have to trim it for it to work.

I found a berylium copper one that I bought off amazon a few years ago and that one fits nicely in the magnet well on the button. It is too weak on its own but combined with the magnets it seems to be doing the trick. crunch is gone and the mech is hitting good so far with no 'burn-i-ness'! Fingers crossed.

I ordered a couple extra nemi 30 springs as well so if this one doesn't pan out I can try one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread