The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Old mech Orphans .....

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by anavidfan, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hmm... This picture led me the wrong way.
    [​IMG]
    Whatever, I'll find a way to use them.

• Love Love x 1
  2. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Its going to be hard to find either the MCR101-SL or the Defenders. Both companies are no longer in existence and people who have them usually dont let them go.

A few months to a year ago, I did see a lot of the MCR being sold for for practically nothing, and believe me , having paid full price it was hard not to hoard.

I have 2 MCR SL and 2 defenders. I keep thinking I dont need them, hard to find matching atties, blah blah , but I just love em and I know if I do sell em, no one would want to buy them even at half the price I paid and then an amazing 20mm atty will show up and Id be kicking myself for having sold them.

MCR 101SL with the MCR 303 ( sold my 303's stupid, stupid , stupid )
    MCR 303-0005.jpg

MikroEngineering Defenders
    Mikroengin-011.jpg

3. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Now, that is gorgeous, what is it? I love it

4. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well, yep. I had to search through tons of old threads at local forum, looking for owners, and all I've found was a couple of SLs and 303s. But since then I use mostly them, just because how different 20mm feels on hand. And I'd have a couple more with a great pleasure.
    I sigh sadly, looking at these pictures. Jealousy is a bad feeling, but what can I do...
    Found it. Looks like it's a tube from cloned "zna", maybe that's the reason it's compatible with Gus button. Somebody made it just for fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    well, see I have you and another good friend that is dying for the SLs. I think Ok, I dont need 2, but which one do I let go of and every time I see the one, I will remember the one I let go and Id get sad.

Same with the defenders, So Im thinking do I sell both MCR or both Defenders? I put soooo much more money in the MCR, but the defenders are such great performers?

I will think about, it. I hate having something that I dont use much, especially if I know there are others out there wishing to have it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's gonna be a tough choice.

Btw, found another proud owner of 101sl, hope he'll be generous.
    But first I need a gun :D:evil:

• Like Like x 1
  7. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I wish you luck.... nope..... nope..... nevermind

8. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Don't know how to start... I need some help.
    So, on the Last Vapourart Day I bought a couple of 350 tubes from VA. The confirmation letter came, then another one came with a track-number. And then nothing happend. Still no activity on the track, no letters, no nothing at all.
    I've tried to send them a message via Facebook, but no answer either.
    Can anyone remember any email or something to contact them? I'm really waiting for those tubes, and it would be a sad story not to get them.
    Thanks for advance for any help.

9. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Did you say you contacted Perseus through FB? when was this? I placed an order end of Nov and same thing happened.

I finally contacted Perseus , which I avoided cause he's so nice and didnt want him to feel bad,

Turns out since he sent the package , HE or someone at VA has to do a search on that end.
    He found it, it had been stuck in NY customs for weeks, then made its way back to Bulgaria and sat in the PO there for weeks more.

Not till I asked him, did he know there was a problem, and he took care of it right away.
    Dont know if it was the holidays, or customs being asses, or new regs, but when he re sent it got here fast....

10. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes. He finally answered back and said not to worry, the track just may be not trackable to my destination (and that's strange, cause previos orders were fine

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    If you talk with Perseus again, please kindly remind him of his offer to post o-ring sizes for various GP mods and atomizers on the Vapourart Facebook page. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    @Erinqua I hope you got your package

13. Erinqua

Erinqua Full Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Forgot to mention. My package came to me at least. In fact they sent it a couple weeks ago :)

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Ive been bad....
    golden mods-0004.jpg wheels and time-steampunk-0007.jpg wheels and time-steampunk-0004.jpg wheels and time-steampunk-0001.jpg
    GGTS-2001.jpg GGTS-2006.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mermaaan

Mermaaan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    California
    Somewhat in the spirit of the original post for this thread, no gripes though, only love

Purchased this one from one of our own here on ECF:
    [​IMG]

Thought a Mulciber would look pretty sex on it so running a 2.5 mm 26 g spaced coil @ 1 ohm for a nice laid back kind of vape, perfect for a lazy sunday.

The satburn switch on it is a joy to fire and the whole mod has a solid, reassuring heft to it. Glad I can finally experience one of these beauties first hand!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. moldyEjuice

moldyEjuice Full Member Verified Member

Apr 22, 2017
    Those are some great looking mods. Please don't tell me where you got them lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.