Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I am constantly trying to get together a group of fellow Super T Orphans. But there are other great older gear out there too.

Ive tried here for Super T and it seems there is still a lot of bad blood, resentment etc that seems to get in the way of a successful thread.

Being that they are not in production and how they ended their relationship with their loyal and new customers I can understand completely the bad feelings.

Go ahead and vent, complain if needed.

I hope that there are other mech lovers that would join in and help each other with information. Im not a management type of person, but I do love to help and share what little I know.

If this takes off, we can try this again.... Its human nature to hold a grudge, but there are many Super T Orphans out and about and if having a place to share or commiserate, lets have it.

I think Super T can be a good place to start, but there are many other great devices out there in which the manufacturer has gone the way of the DODO. I love JM mech/ tubes, the company now only deals with their regulated devices ( amazing devices BTW) but I tried to get help with some of their 22mm tube mechs and it was more impossible than Super T to get help and the company still exists.

Soon to be gone is MCR Mods which I adore.

Many of these will need insulators, and other bits, so if we can help with compatable parts and resources for some things that can replace or improve the performance of our "oldies" we can share.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I admire your tenacity.
Like you said, there are quite a few outfits that have disappeared. There might be vapers out there even still using Puresmoker Legacys, it's what these things were made to do.

Bad blood. By now that should be blood under the bridge as vapers have gotten exactly what they wanted, an endless supply of dirt cheap practically disposable devices both regulated and mechanical. I can see though, as in Super T's case, why some folks might have a problem with him. I know more than most about what went on behind the scenes there and the one thing I can tell you is it was incredibly hard for him to walk away but the best thing for him and his family. In fact I encouraged it.

But on a more useful note, I'll offer this - All stock parts are interchangeable between ELA V1 and V2 except for these: The button, button housing, locking ring and compression band.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
On the subject of the ELA, I would LOVE to find something to replace the oring that sits under the battery.

I would love to find a delrin piece that would fit around the contact that is more stable than the oring to keep the battery from making contact with switch and keep battery stable.

Im constantly looking and trying out my insulators and found some work but not stable.

Reactions: MsLoud

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
On the subject of the ELA, I would LOVE to find something to replace the oring that sits under the battery.

I would love to find a delrin piece that would fit around the contact that is more stable than the oring to keep the battery from making contact with switch and keep battery stable.

Im constantly looking and trying out my insulators and found some work but not stable.
Huh. Genius. I've always thought oring insulators were kind of kludgey but never thought about doing anything about it. :) And if I think about it, I'd have to make sure whatever it was couldn't fall out because I know I would forget it wasn't in there and that would be BAD.
I can see why an oring is perfect for a Precise with its fixed tube, but the ELA doesn't need anything spongy to provide for battery variations.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Huh. Genius. I've always thought oring insulators were kind of kludgey but never thought about doing anything about it. :) And if I think about it, I'd have to make sure whatever it was couldn't fall out because I know I would forget it wasn't in there and that would be BAD.

If I had the guts and the money, Id beg either GP or GUS to make me a delrin insulator for my ELA. They have wonderful delrin insulators for their mechs. A good delrin insulator for the ELA would solve the occasional, battery and atty dependent warm/hot switch problems the ELA had.

Seems if your battery was just a hair "not flat" it would misfire or heat up. If the battery was just a bit off from the oring, it might warm up. If it had a nice stable, perfectly fitting insulator that slipped in and kept the battery stable it would be a dream and make the ELA "THE" perfect mech.

Reactions: MsLoud

Wackyjak

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Florida
I admire your tenacity.
Like you said, there are quite a few outfits that have disappeared. There might be vapers out there even still using Puresmoker Legacys,

I still have a Puresmoker Legacy Mini and the bag of replacement parts that came with it. It was my "sneaky device" for years. I pull it out and use it once and a while. :)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If I had the guts and the money, Id beg either GP or GUS to make me a delrin insulator for my ELA. They have wonderful delrin insulators for their mechs. A good delrin insulator for the ELA would solve the occasional, battery and atty dependent warm/hot switch problems the ELA had.

Seems if your battery was just a hair "not flat" it would misfire or heat up. If the battery was just a bit off from the oring, it might warm up. If it had a nice stable, perfectly fitting insulator that slipped in and kept the battery stable it would be a dream and make the ELA "THE" perfect mech.

Delrin rod is dirt cheap.
Available on Amazon or ebay.
$12 or so for several feet.

Its super easy to drill/ tap threads in delrin.
Just grab a $4 micrometer from harbor freight and some sandpaper.

You can thread it with a screw.
No drill needed.

Easy peasy.

215Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Oakland, CA, USA
Hi all! Still happily vaping on my Super T Precise 18650, still haven't taken my Strata out of its wrapper. I know they no longer make mods, but what is this customer resentment you are all alluding to? Is it because they are no longer providing factory support or upholding their lifetime warranty?

Incidentally, I have a bunch of MCR stuff in my cart and am itching to pull the trigger

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
MCR-blk-003.jpg
MCR Stuff is great !!!!!
MCR 303-0005.jpg

Last edited:

215Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Oakland, CA, USA
There really should be a Nostalgia Vapes forum here where I can unashamably admit to still vaping on my first gen GG Penelope on a 14500 mech. Or my Killer705 By Leo rebuildable carto. For the folks who call them PV's and can rebuild a CE4 head blindfolded. Okay, enough from me...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I would also like to know what all went on with super T.

Hellooooooh Kiba ! nice seeing you here :)
Well, there was stuff, then some more stuff and the THAT happened and this happened and then they got out of the MOD game :( ;)

There really should be a Nostalgia Vapes forum here where I can unashamably admit to still vaping on my first gen GG Penelope on a 14500 mech. Or my Killer705 By Leo rebuildable carto. For the folks who call them PV's and can rebuild a CE4 head blindfolded. Okay, enough from me...

Show it off, post those photos!!!! If we can change the name of this thread, it CAN be Nostalgia Vapes. :)

Reactions: kiba

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I still call them PV's, either that or 'vape pen' but that's just bc it sounds funny.

Hellooooooh Kiba ! nice seeing you here :)
Well, there was stuff, then some more stuff and the THAT happened and this happened and then they got out of the MOD game :( ;)

Show it off, post those photos!!!! If we can change the name of this thread, it CAN be Nostalgia Vapes. :)
Hey there =D

It didn't have anything to do w/ the stratus did it? imo that was a bit of a disaster but I still respected him as a mod maker.

Last I remember was him defending the design of the stratus and some people weren't happy with it. I had one for a little while and an ELA, didn't like either at first but after I got a modded switch the ELA grew on me, but the atty had problems.

Sad, considering he was one of the few really dependable modders, with the warranty thing, I think my gf still has an old precise plus somewhere.

215Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Oakland, CA, USA
I'll try to get some pix together when the kids are in school this week :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Strata build? I'm thinking four small coils, vertical but slanted so the bottom end is near the airhole, and the top end closer to the center post.

I can't find much build info online, maybe I'm looking wrong

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'll try to get some pix together when the kids are in school this week :)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Strata build? I'm thinking four small coils, vertical but slanted so the bottom end is near the airhole, and the top end closer to the center post.

I can't find much build info online, maybe I'm looking wrong

( by our own snork Super T expert )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread