RDA Origen Little 16mm Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
So my Origen Little 16mm Clone & Beauty Ring arrived yesterday. I know others have stated it, but wow is this rda small, though with the beauty ring, it looks great on my COV Wraith.

After I found a build that I like on this, the flavor is amazing! I am going to use this as the daily driver for a week or so to see if I still like it after that time.

Some things I learned last night -
  1. Building on this is not easy (at least the 3 builds I did last night), but I finally found one that I like on it.
  2. It is super easy to over squonk on this. Press a little too hard and there is juice everywhere. I think I have it down now.
  3. Unrelated to the Origen, but the CopperVape Bottles do not work in the COV Wraith. They are very similar, but there is just enough difference where the juice will leak down the bottle instead of up the squonk hole.
I put a pic of my build below. It was not very easy to set it up this way, so if any of you that have more experience with this RDA have suggestions, I welcome them.

31314621295_01f79323d8_z.jpg

30494452504_e72637b820_z.jpg

Thats an ideal location for the coil , directly over the juice hole , that how i do mine also . When i want to really drench the coil with juice i just put my finger over the airflow hole and then squonk and that prevents juice from pouring out all over the place.

I am trying all types of things to prevent dry hits but i seem to continue to get them unfortunately with this little atty .

Maybe i need to use less cotton i don't know , i pack the deck with cotton , maybe i am using too much .

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Thats an ideal location for the coil , directly over the juice hole , that how i do mine also . When i want to really drench the coil with juice i just put my finger over the airflow hole and then squonk and that prevents juice from pouring out all over the place.

I am trying all types of things to prevent dry hits but i seem to continue to get them unfortunately with this little atty .

Maybe i need to use less cotton i don't know , i pack the deck with cotton , maybe i am using too much .

So with my less then 24 hour experience with this RDA, i have found with this setup to squonk often (after every 3 or 4 pulls) but don't press as hard as I do with other RDAs. I am getting the hang of not squonking juice out the holes.

I went just a little ways passed the deck with my cotton and folded it back under. I definitely have to squonk a lot more than I did with the tsunami or the stock RDA

Reactions: Burnie

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't pack with cotton - tails on deck - and I just squonk about every other puff...

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So with my less then 24 hour experience with this RDA, i have found with this setup to squonk often (after every 3 or 4 pulls) but don't press as hard as I do with other RDAs. I am getting the hang of not squonking juice out the holes.

I went just a little ways passed the deck with my cotton and folded it back under. I definitely have to squonk a lot more than I did with the tsunami or the stock RDA
I mainly use a Tsunami 24 and an Origen clone on my squonkers and it is a COMPLETELY different vape experience IMO. So different that I will,get dry hits on the Origen and flood the Tsunami if I don't pay attention.

I have to lightly squeeze with the Origen and I get 2-3 drags tops. With the Tsunami, I might get 8-10 drags/pulls before resquonking. I love both but they are totally different.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well decided to get another Origen Little and an Origen Little Tank from FT since they had the 10% off. Got both and a pack of iCare coils for just over $20. Went with the regular free shipping just to see how long it is taking. :)

The two I ordered are showing re stocking, so my order is held up, hopefully not for to long though.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I mainly use a Tsunami 24 and an Origen clone on my squonkers and it is a COMPLETELY different vape experience IMO. So different that I will,get dry hits on the Origen and flood the Tsunami if I don't pay attention.

I have to lightly squeeze with the Origen and I get 2-3 drags tops. With the Tsunami, I might get 8-10 drags/pulls before resquonking. I love both but they are totally different.

If i can get one great pull on the Origen little without resquonking i am thrilled lol .

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The first rule of thumb for an atty for BF'g as opposed to dripping is your wick should reach no farther than to just touch the deck. If you are stuffing the atty or the deck with wicking, especially cotton or rayon, you will simply cook any and all liquid that is remaining in the atty and not able to drain because of blockage. This will lead to insufficient hits, usually dry... If you let your wicking just touch the deck, that should be sufficient for 3-4 hits or pulls...

Do keep in mind, BF'rs were designed for juice on demand... If you want it to be fresh all the time, you should wick for how the device was designed to work...

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I've had my Shenray Origen little for a little over a month, great little RDA. As for the TinyTank if you like the Little you'll like the TinyTank. I really enjoy both. as a point of interest the authentic TinyTank I have has the round posts and insulator The Shenray clones of the TinyTanks are quite nice, and other then the media blasted base pretty much 1:1.

Authentic TT on the left, with a pair of Shenray clones.
imgp0572-custom-jpg.616101

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I've had my Shenray Origen little for a little over a month, great little RDA. As for the TinyTank if you like the Little you'll like the TinyTank. I really enjoy both. as a point of interest the authentic TinyTank I have has the round posts and insulator The Shenray clones of the TinyTanks are quite nice, and other then the media blasted base pretty much 1:1.

Authentic TT on the left, with a pair of Shenray clones.
imgp0572-custom-jpg.616101
If you were posting pictures, they didn't post. :(

Reactions: ccwaters

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Just took a few shots of decks.

Authentic TinyTank VS Cloned Little. Yes they are same except for the laser etch, and media blast.

Cloned TinyTanks from Shenray are same as the O little, they didn't even change the laser etch, and even included a Squonk pin with the cloned TT :?: So easy to tell authentic TinyTank from clone.

uBp3fyy.jpg

Authentic TinyTank on right.
SkkOF6d.jpg

JLtkAR0.jpg

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
So the deal with these is, you put it together w/o the tank, install the bf pin, and it's a O-16 squonker?

I suppose you could do it, don't think that was the intention, but who knows? My guess is they just included the prepacked spares from the Little 16 and included it with the tank. The extended chimney changes the experience slightly, not to mention height.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I suppose you could do it, don't think that was the intention, but who knows? My guess is they just included the prepacked spares from the Little 16 and included it with the tank. The extended chimney changes the experience slightly, not to mention height.
I have a dumb question: Why is there a tank on top of a BF atty?

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I have a dumb question: Why is there a tank on top of a BF atty?

Not a tank on a BF RDA, it is Norbert's TinyTank, and then the Big Brother 19/22 his renditions of Rebuildable tanks. They all just share a same basic design.

Doubt Norbert ever intended the TinyTank to be a BF Atty, that it shares the same deck is more a testament to his ingenuity.

Even the 19/22 tank shares the same deck, albeit 3mm larger.

Because Shenray China included a squonk pin with the TT clone does not make it a Bottom Feed RDA.

This is where the TinyTank Shines.

xshGrSO.jpg

Origen 19/22, adding a squonk pin does not make it a BF RDA

vMNkz7x.jpg

6cHekPP.jpg

Gsygzwr.jpg

cDOw4ej.jpg

Last edited:

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
Not a tank on a BF RDA, it is Norbert's TinyTank, and then the Big Brother 19/22 his renditions of Rebuildable tanks. They all just share a same basic design.

Doubt Norbert ever intended the TinyTank to be a BF Atty, that it shares the same deck is more a testament to his ingenuity.

Even the 19/22 tank shares the same deck, albeit 3mm larger.

Because Shenray China included a squonk pin with the TT clone does not make it a Bottom Feed RDA.

This is where the TinyTank Shines.

xshGrSO.jpg

Origen 19/22, adding a squonk pin does not make it a BF RDA

vMNkz7x.jpg

6cHekPP.jpg

Gsygzwr.jpg

cDOw4ej.jpg
Thanks
So its a RTA?
And how do they perform?

Status