They caught the last train for the coast
The Day the Music Died."

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Now OSD's "sweet southern tea" is a different story, I've been vaping that for over a year and still can't get enough of it. It's still in my daily rotation as one of my go to vapes when I'm not vaping my usual tobacco vapes.
If you like their sweet tea, and if you like lemonade, you might want to try their Arnold Palmer (One Stop Flavor). It is One Stop's riff on the classic half & half iced tea/lemonade summertime drink.

It surprised me, in that the "lemon" notes are pretty stable; they don't suffer the traditional fast flavor-fade most lemon concentrates seem to suffer from. A.P. has been my personal favorite, of the OSDIYS one-shot blends, that I have tried. At 7%, it is a decent shake-n-vape, and really starts to shine after a brief 3-day rest.

If I have one criticism about A.P., it would be that the "lemonade" is a touch too dominant, but this is easily remedied by adding a touch of your preferred tea concentrate. I personally like to use either, 1-1.5% TFA Green Tea, if I am only wanting to boost the tea note; or 1% TFA Earl Grey if I want a bolder, more in-your-face spiced tea, that the bergamot provides.

I am also thinking this would be a good "base" for a Russian Tea recipe (tea, orange, lemon, cinnamon, clove, and sugar, makes the beverage); by adding some orange, cinnamon, and clove to it. I just need to find a clove concentrate that is not oil-based (like LA); I am thinking either FA-Clove, or if I can make the cheapskate in me pay the price, FLV-Clove.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I like me some blueberry vapes,

Have you tried CAP Blueberry Jam in anything yet? It's been my favorite Blueberry to use in a recipe, since it came out as a new flavoring from CAP. It's pretty potent IMO, so it doesn't take much and you really get the "jammy" blueberry taste from it.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Have you tried CAP Blueberry Jam in anything yet? It's been my favorite Blueberry to use in a recipe, since it came out as a new flavoring from CAP. It's pretty potent IMO, so it doesn't take much and you really get the "jammy" blueberry taste from it.

No, I haven't. But I must admit that I am not very adventurous in DIY. Mostly single flavors, OSDIY blends, or recipes others suggest (still liking and using the LS/LL you steered me to :D). I may try tweaking them a bit, but going out on my own? I just don't have the pallet or the knowledge for that.

I have a handful of store bought juice I find hard to replace, so mix in (maybe I should say alternate with) a few DIY I like to ease the cost some.

But thanks for the tip! Will add it to my "to try" list I keep.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Anxious to try my 5 1/2 month steeped Blue Note mix, so filled my Baby Beast and hit it at 56 watts. Hadn't vaped it since March, but sure seemed a lot better then I remembered. :thumb: I may up it from 8% to 10% on my next mix, but looks like this is gonna work out nicely........after a long steep!

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
For me, Blue Note just never steeped into something I like, even after months and months. I've mixed it with other stuff, which is okay, but I doubt I'll use the rest of my bottle.

CAP Blueberry Jam is a delicious gem. I always have a bottle of this mixed up that I can vape straight or mix in the tank with custards, cream, etc. Best blueberry thing I've tried! but I'm on a blueberry quest currently, so acquiring various blueberry flavors to try promising recipes. We'll see!

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
For me, Blue Note just never steeped into something I like, even after months and months. I've mixed it with other stuff, which is okay, but I doubt I'll use the rest of my bottle.

CAP Blueberry Jam is a delicious gem. I always have a bottle of this mixed up that I can vape straight or mix in the tank with custards, cream, etc. Best blueberry thing I've tried! but I'm on a blueberry quest currently, so acquiring various blueberry flavors to try promising recipes. We'll see!
I was very impressed with the blueberry liquid from here if you are interested...
Very Blueberry e-juice | Olympia Vapor Works
They also sell it as a concentrate...
(OVW) Blueberry Concentrated D.I.Y Flavoring | Olympia Vapor Works

Upon reflection, I had the concentrated flavor. I think those two are the same but not 100% certain

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
"I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed
The lovers cried and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The Day the Music Died."

American Pie, Now that's a blast from the past:)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
If you like their sweet tea, and if you like lemonade, you might want to try their Arnold Palmer (One Stop Flavor). It is One Stop's riff on the classic half & half iced tea/lemonade summertime drink.

It surprised me, in that the "lemon" notes are pretty stable; they don't suffer the traditional fast flavor-fade most lemon concentrates seem to suffer from. A.P. has been my personal favorite, of the OSDIYS one-shot blends, that I have tried. At 7%, it is a decent shake-n-vape, and really starts to shine after a brief 3-day rest.

If I have one criticism about A.P., it would be that the "lemonade" is a touch too dominant, but this is easily remedied by adding a touch of your preferred tea concentrate. I personally like to use either, 1-1.5% TFA Green Tea, if I am only wanting to boost the tea note; or 1% TFA Earl Grey if I want a bolder, more in-your-face spiced tea, that the bergamot provides.

I am also thinking this would be a good "base" for a Russian Tea recipe (tea, orange, lemon, cinnamon, clove, and sugar, makes the beverage); by adding some orange, cinnamon, and clove to it. I just need to find a clove concentrate that is not oil-based (like LA); I am thinking either FA-Clove, or if I can make the cheapskate in me pay the price, FLV-Clove.

I've tried it and it's OK. Your right about the lemon being dominant. I've never thought to combine it with the sweet tea. I can see that working.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Anxious to try my 5 1/2 month steeped Blue Note mix, so filled my Baby Beast and hit it at 56 watts. Hadn't vaped it since March, but sure seemed a lot better then I remembered. :thumb: I may up it from 8% to 10% on my next mix, but looks like this is gonna work out nicely........after a long steep!

Now that you already have some steeped use the seed steep method to steep your next batch. It will cut your steeping from months to days.

Excerpt from my blog

Seed steeping (Sow the seeds of a great juice)

Seed steeping is adding a new mix to an already steeped mature mix. This will speed up steeping to several days instead of several weeks. A good example of this is a honey tobacco mix I make. This mix takes a good 5 weeks to mature on its own. But if I leave 10 to 15% of the old mix in the bottle and add 85 to 90% new mix. This mixture will mature in 2 – 3 days instead of 5 weeks. I don’t know the science behind it but it does work.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep sad state of affairs this country is in these days:(:(

Yeah... Just Doesn't seem like Vaper's can catch a break even Once in awhile.

Friday was about the Worst Day I can think of. And I wonder how many even Know It?

:confused:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Yeah... Just Doesn't seem like Vaper's can catch a break even Once in awhile.

Friday was about the Worst Day I can think of. And I wonder how many even Know It?

:confused:
I have no idea, and was wondering why you posted the song lyrics. What's going on zoiDman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread