Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
And regarding the touch screen issues, it's the main reason I would turn mine off immediately. It's a gimmick. It works on heat (from your finger), so anything that's put on it with heat (i.e. liquid) is going to do that. Really nothing that can be done about it, and for that reason I wish they wouldn't have even put it on. But, it is what it is.

Are you sure? I just got 3-4mL from a dropper, rest in a syringe, and I played around forcing it to engage the touch sensor..temperature of the liquid was below 74 Fahrenheit. I would think, based on that little "study" I did, it would use pressure..or maybe light and pressure.

ddloco

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Rialto,California
Regarding Phil's video:

I've held 3 ipv's so far (and use one most of a day), and none had the gap that his showed. Of course, he readily admited that he stripped one of his screws, so it's possible the screw wasn't tightening all the way and that's why he had a gap.

The glue residue he showed by the screen is probably the film cover that is over both displays. It's hard to tell there even is a clear cover over them and it's not easy to get off, and I'm pretty sure he didn't take his off (you could tell by the opaqueness of the display). That was just part of the screen protector he was rubbing off with his nails.

And regarding the touch screen issues, it's the main reason I would turn mine off immediately. It's a gimmick. It works on heat (from your finger), so anything that's put on it with heat (i.e. liquid) is going to do that. Really nothing that can be done about it, and for that reason I wish they wouldn't have even put it on. But, it is what it is.

The back door having a lip I believe is intentional, because it gives you a place to grab the back door and take if off once the screws are removed. If the lip prevents you from putting your atty flush, you can always make sure the lip is on the bottom when putting the back door on.

And none of the units I saw (nor have I heard it from others) have had an issue with the battery not fitting correctly either. Maybe he was using flat tops and needed to use a button top (which is what I use), I don't know.

I also haven't heard of anyone else having the reading issues that he experienced, so not sure what's up with that.
Yeah I watched that video and its odd to me how he just totally made the ipv2 look like garbage but all the other people that have them love them! He gets the benefit of the doubt that he just happens to receive the worst one, Lol

PS Flat top batteries work fine on ipv2

PSS IMO I don't see why this box is the demon to everyone slandering it ,
I Call GAME CHANGER on this one that's why everyone is scrambling to bring it down

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth
Why cant I get my IBTanked cartotank to work, no airflow, is there anyway I can make it work?>
Yeah, the cutouts on the 510 piece is useless since there aren't cutouts on the enclosure itself. Try a 510 to 510 airflow control adapter. I think Smoktech has one, but it's about 20mm in diameter.

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth
Yeah I watched that video and its odd to me how he just totally made the ipv2 look like garbage but all the other people that have them love them! He gets the benefit of the doubt that he just happens to receive the worst one, Lol

PS Flat top batteries work fine on ipv2

PSS IMO I don't see why this box is the demon to everyone slandering it ,
I Call GAME CHANGER on this one that's why everyone is scrambling to bring it down
He did say in the end to ignore his overall rating if the issues he found don't apply to other units.

I like how detailed his reviews are, but I've noticed that he tends to be "nicer" to US "high-end" mod/chip makers. Evolv has had more than a few buggy DNA boards, doesn't have reverse-polarity protection (although he did call them out on that) but they get a thumbs up from him.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Are you sure? I just got 3-4mL from a dropper, rest in a syringe, and I played around forcing it to engage the touch sensor..temperature of the liquid was below 74 Fahrenheit. I would think, based on that little "study" I did, it would use pressure..or maybe light and pressure.

Yes, pretty sure.

When I had mine, I tried it with a paper towel. Nothing. Also tried it with a stylus. Nothing.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I don't have one but I think can't put the lip of the door on the bottom...and even if it fits the mod won't stand on its base.

You can, and the lip is so slight that it'll still stand.

Although I would always put mine on it's side anyway, as I never wanted it to accidentallly get knocked over - which is also why I don't mind the USB port on the bottom.

Garym93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
New Jersey
Update: My firing button has already recessed on one side and is a little wobbly now. Not too sure how that's gonna hold up after a few weeks, and I've only had it for a day. Hopefully it won't be an issue in the long term.

I wouldn't worry too much. Not because I'm a fanboy but because in my experience with things the initial settle is all that really ever takes place 99% of the time. In other words, I think the button is just going to stay the way it is now I don't really think it will get any worse just some initial settling is all

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

Although I would always put mine on it's side anyway, as I never wanted it to accidentallly get knocked over - which is also why I don't mind the USB port on the bottom.

I was just taking a look at my MVP2 and I realized that I haven't heard any complaints or criticism from anybody regarding the position of its USB charging port (also on teh bottom of the device)

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Of course, that is appropriate...but to answer your question, us procrastonators are going to do it... tomorrow. ;)

Haha...I typed protagonists instead of procrastinators.

Please make a post, or better yet - a whole new thread! I am sure that idea will garner a lot of attention! I am excited to see what you come up with.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

Have you done it?..can you post a picture?

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Someone asked for build picks...my friend was 'saying' he thinks he needs 52 Watts...funny.
26awg, ~3.2mm ID...0.66 Ohms
6aqu7epe.jpg
pe8atana.jpg
se3y7edu.jpg

Since I haven't put it in this thread:
26awg, 2mm ID.....1.02 Ohms
yzugyvez.jpg
4aqe5u5y.jpg
a6ypamyh.jpg

26awg, 2mm ID.....2 Ohms..sloppy, but it works..
e8uta6a6.jpg

28awg, 2mm ID.....0.22 Ohms..I use a lot more wick than usual with tobh's..on 4nine in picture, but it worked great on ipv, until the tobh insulator fell apart. I've found ~1ohm duals with 28awg kanthal to be my spot... but it's nice having an atty you can swap back and forth to mech and regulated, and gives you great performance on either..
udu6e8et.jpg

I'll add an omega build in a moment.:)
Edit-
Omega is a great atty..I much prefer it over the tobh for function, but the builds on it are limited.. I've just stuck with this diagonal build.. I don't like the way the modder intended you to build it..
26awg, 2mm ID...0.5 Ohms
nyzabu7a.jpg

I'm going to add a nano-cloud build on a tobh to this post too...if it vapes well tomorrow.. all of these vape great... the 6coil build starts to burn on two coils if you try to push it over and beyond your limits, but vapes fine when pulled normally.

And a friendly reminder just in case I didn't post this already, if you only use one battery with yours, periodically take off battery cover. You may have some liquid form up...this was right after I dumped like 3mL on my touch sensor on purpose.

Yeah... the first day of having 50Watts forever, awesome/priceless. Whichever sounds better with the voice in your head.

I also got a giant vapes order the day I received mine...it was my first juice order in a long time. One of the best days of vape mail for me... I'm thinking what's on its way from Greece will be better though. :)
What do you have on the way from Greece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread