The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by vaperXant, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atroph

atroph Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Chesapeake, VA
    I read some stuff too. Something about it being useless unless it is on aluminum to aluminum connection. This person quoted the CSR at ideal which is not an engineer. It clearly states for Al to Al connections or Al to Cu connections. It contains about 20% zinc dust which aids in conductivity in general. Polybutene which essentially seals the connection. And silicon dust which is a semiconductor. I am not a materials engineer so I can not speak as to how the various materials will react over time but it appears that there is indeed some conductivity that solved my unreliable connection issues.

Sometimes I like to put on my "dumb" hat and just try things. If it works "well whatdyaknow!" After further research it appears that it I am not the first on to use this stuff on vape gear. There is proof in the results and it may be time to put on the "smart" and figure out why...

2. PinkEgoTUser

PinkEgoTUser Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    CA
    Sorry, I responded to the wrong thread! :(

3. ZeroOhm

ZeroOhm Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    UK
    $3 for novalox its like 5 times that here!

The US is so so cheap who needs China?!

Not sure how long novalox will last, my fix as mine has been broken after 3 days of owning one (Aug 2014) :( I drilled a case hole and tapped it used a M3 stainless steel grub screw into the 510 GND. On mine I flushed fitted a Varitube and drilled slightly into the 510 this fix works perfectly and is also good for all 510s fitted this way ie Cana case.

4. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    My little blue screwdriver broke, and I am looking for a replacement or a hex/Allen key to replace it. Conversely, has anyone replaced the pita stock screws with a Phillips screws? Seems like it would be a bit easier if that could happen. I have misplaced my special Ipv screwdriver more times then I can count, and the plastic part broke on mine. I've wrapped it in duct tape, and now it looks like a tiny shiv lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Who all has the IPV still running?

I'm surprised mine is still rocking. It hasn't had a break since receiving my replacement for the preorder version, almost about a month after the preorder version got here.

The preorder version lasted a couple months after receiving my replacement, but it wasn't bound to perfection forever with my wife in control of it.:)

6. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Mines still kicking. Only issue I have is that occasionally, it will power itself off, and I broke the damn special screwdriver for the hex/torx screws. I'm too lazy to take it to a hardware store and figure out what size to replace with, but can't believe nobody sells replacement little blue screwdriver for the v2

7. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    My ipv1 35W has been a workhorse in daily use since September. No issuesat all.

8. vaperXant

vaperXant Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2014
    New Mexico
    I have two still running perfect

9. atroph

atroph Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2014
    Chesapeake, VA
    Mine is still kicking. Almost a year for me with exclusive use.. Same vtc4 battery too. It is about to be replaced by an evic vt. When I get the evic in I will still run my kanthal buils on the ipv2. Only issues I had is the 510 being a little flaky with the ohms reading. A little noalox fixed that right up. Also the loose spring causing the mod to reset when I put it down. I stretched the spring out and that solved the resetting issues. Now I have to slam it on the table fornit to reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.