PG Throat Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legostar

Apr 27, 2013
Sweden
Hi I'm a new vaper from Sweden.

I bought some PG to do my own e-liquid, as I read PG will add throat hit.
To start I filled my Ce3/Phoenix 2.4 ohm with pure 100% PG no nicotine, using a standard Ego-battery 3.7v.
But I can't feel any throat hit at all, a lot of smoke though if I'm not inhaling it, inhaling decreases the smoke a lot.
Can you get throat hit with pure 100% PG without nicotine or is it just increasing the throat hit to additional flavors and nicotine?
Or did I get a bad PG?

Regards,
Henrik

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Henrik and welcome to ECF. I'm vaping 2 mg nicotine and to get TH I had to use 85/ 15 PG/ VG juice. Also added menthol.

Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

tagster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Wrightwood, CA
I tried PG first and it was too harsh and created very little visible vapor. I then added VG and it was much better. At this point I like a 60/40 PG/VG ratio. Nicotine level adds to the harshness too. It is balance you will need to find for yourself to see what you like. I don't think I know what throat hit means to everyone. Is it feeling vapor, or is it the sting of PG and nicotine? Try adding VG and see if you can find a vapor you like.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Vapoor is correct.

Throat hit is almost exculsively due to the amount of nicotine in the eliquid. PG allows more nicotine to come through, VG mutes it to a degree. Warmer vapor enhances it. Additivies (such as pepper) do NOT provide throat hit associated with nicotine but can provide throat irritation or burn.

If you vape 100% unflavored PG, you would have 0 throat hit.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
First off, you have to experience throat hit first before you know whether you like it or not. It cannot be described as easily as"throat irritation to the back of the throat" . Try some 0nic and 18nic or 24nic with the same flavor. Then, you will be able to feel the difference and know whether it's throat hit you want.
I've only started vaping for about 2 to 3 months, but I've been reading a lot. From what I've gathered, not everyone likes throat hit. So you have to discover first of all, whether you really enjoy throat hit or enjoy vaping more for the flavor.
Personally, I would describe throat hit as "a constriction of the muscles, which begins at the tongue and continues to the top of the throat. The vapor exhaled feels "heavier"."
As opposed to throat irritation from additives like diablo loco, chilli seeds, or dry hits which in my opinion "hits" the mid portion of the throat, and burns.
Hope in making sense to you.
In short, don't be like me and jump to diy straight away. I didn't know what I was looking for in my juices when I started out. Find what you truly like first: throat hit or flavor.Try different flavors at different nicotine content and see which satisfies you. Then diy your juices.
Most importantly, 0nic=0 throat hit. I found out the hard way. Trial and error.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Hi I'm a new vaper from Sweden.

I bought some PG to do my own E-liquid, as I read PG will add throat hit.
To start I filled my Ce3/Phoenix 2.4 ohm with pure 100% PG no nicotine, using a standard Ego-battery 3.7v.
But I can't feel any throat hit at all, a lot of smoke though if I'm not inhaling it, inhaling decreases the smoke a lot.
Can you get throat hit with pure 100% PG without nicotine or is it just increasing the throat hit to additional flavors and nicotine?
Or did I get a bad PG?

Regards,
Henrik
you need to check out USA Made Vapor Renu : Electronic Cigarettes Refill Cartridges : Candy Flavorings : E Cig Liquid Nicotine : Cartomizer Refills : Menthol E-Liquid : Flavoring Oils : E Cigarette Refills . their juices are customizable to any degree of taste, and many options not available through most juice vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread