Please my Radius seems dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
If you still have it plugged in to the programming software, and the lights are pulsing, it means it is programming.
When it was plugged in,there was no light. Program said radius was asleep and I couldn't wake it. After I pulled the plug the little light showed up. Then started working,then died again. You know about this program,Is it possible I needs upgraded? When it came to life I plugged back in and it has 2 versions ver 26 and very 40cc. If it comes back on,think I should update?

Sent from a galaxy far away using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Breezy, I'm honestly not sure if you should update. Perhaps that is a question to ask of Bill when you correspond with him? I think staying Chill in this situation would be to your benefit. I totally understand your frustration, but I wouldn't do anything with the mod until you've figured out if the mod should be sent in. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with updating, but I'm not sure it would remedy your situation and it might a) muddy the waters and b) cause difficulty to the mod if it's not operating correctly.

Those are just my thoughts on it, but I think you probably need to wait, and to send it in for repairs. It IS possible to further cause problems to a mod when it's not operational, by trying to do *everything possible* to fix it, when it really really really sounds like an electrical problem to me. I'd at least wait until you've emailed Bill a bit about your issue. He might be like, "Oh, that's probably a battery wire, sure you can update the mod, but you're going to have to send it in." Or "Don't update anything until I've checked everything's working." KWIM?

Anna

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
When it was plugged in,there was no light. Program said radius was asleep and I couldn't wake it. After I pulled the plug the little light showed up. Then started working,then died again. You know about this program,Is it possible I needs upgraded? When it came to life I plugged back in and it has 2 versions ver 26 and very 40cc. If it comes back on,think I should update?

Ver 26 is the latest update for a 40W radius. 40cc would be the coil control (sort of like temperature control) option. I run the regular 26 on mine. I was never able to get the Radius program to update my mods, so I sent them in for updating.

As far as charging, I do mine with the USB port on an external charger block. I also use a samsung phone data/charging cable instead of the one that came with the Radius.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

I would try to update it.

Reactions: AstroTurf

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
But I'm glad you spoke,I needed a giggle. I'm down to waiting from a fix it guy and see what he says. I think it's a connection issue and that may not be too costly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I wish there was a hug button but this will just have to do (((((((((Breezy Dawn))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem and hopefully the fix it guy will be able to get you going again. Through the years I have purchased many factory refurbished products. Never once have I had a problem with what ever it was. My thoughts on FR.... It has had hands on attention and has been gone over to make sure everything works right. If one buys a product "off the shelf" it is just one of thousands that has gone through an assembly line and problems are not caught.

All that just to say, once you get your Radius back from the Provari hospital it should run perfectly for many many years because it has had even more personal attention than all the other ones out there in the world...

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I wish there was a hug button but this will just have to do (((((((((Breezy Dawn))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear you are having this problem and hopefully the fix it guy will be able to get you going again. Through the years I have purchased many factory refurbished products. Never once have I had a problem with what ever it was. My thoughts on FR.... It has had hands on attention and has been gone over to make sure everything works right. If one buys a product "off the shelf" it is just one of thousands that has gone through an assembly line and problems are not caught.

All that just to say, once you get your Radius back from the Provari hospital it should run perfectly for many many years because it has had even more personal attention than all the other ones out there in the world...
That's encouraging and you're right. It's a beautiful day outside I think I'm going to take the two kids to the park or something and get out of this house and away from my pretty little broken baby period when something breaks or when I set my mind to do something it's all I could think about and I have obsessed about this thing all day almost. I will just make myself wait to hear back from the hospital and see what the dr. Has to say.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    images

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    If you want to update it and it is 40w model- v26.
    May want to hold off until you hear from the repair guru.
    It shouldn't need to be updated to function perfectly, one of mine is still the original version.
    Where did you buy your batteries?
    There are many fakes on the market.

The little light in the fire button indicates low battery voltage or update in progress if you're updating it.
    Is the negative brass colored 'puck' & wire & the spring on the base intact?
    Intermittent / random blinking light in fire button means there is a connectivity problem, or a bad battery.
    Has the display come on at all?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Can't get my brat kids to get out of the house sometimes they suck like that. So I'll take the dummy for a walk instead it sure is pretty out
    29c2fd00fff7c2da88ba06508fb851ff.jpg

Best to de-stress in such a situation. You were making yourself more and more frustrated. Wait until the primo expert can deal with it. The experts here have made all the suggestions they could. Let go.

Here is another solution, part of de-stressing. I note that you, like me, live in a humid climate. There may be extra moisture inside your Radius. I had trouble with my 2.5 Mini, and decided to de-stress. I took the battery out and left the bottom-cap off for 24 hours. After a wacky startup, she settled down, and is working fine now.

You might want to take the battery out, put a dessicant packet (like from a pillbottle) inside it, and put the cap on, for a more powerful rest. Us nontechnical folks go for the simple solutions.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    Just went to take battery out again to replace and as I unscrewed I came on and I froze lol. Good sign or bad I donno but it means somthing,lol. I think I won't hear from Bill on a Sunday but may signal connection to me.

Make sure the brass slug connected to the black wire is not upside down.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread