poll of the symptom: bleeding gums

Do you have bleeding gums

• I e-smoke exclusively (more than 2 weeks) and have bleeding gums

• I e-smoke exclusively (less than two weeks) and have bleeding gums

• I still smoke cigarettes and e-smoke (more than 2 weeks) and have bleeding gums

• I smoke cigarettes and e-smoke (less than 2 weeks) and having bleeding gums

• I do not suffer with bleeding gums

• I don't brush my teeth, they go in a glass at night

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
I have been vaping for about 3 months and for the last month I have noticed my gum starting to bleed. I was about to post the same thing as the OP. My gum seems to be dry and my gum seems to be receding.

I think vaping with PG has long term side effects or it's a component in some the the juice that are causing this issue. Never had this issue before, went to my doctor 3 months ago and my teeth were fine.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Bump.

I wanted to keep this thread alive. I've been vaping for a little over 3 weeks. My mouth tastes and feels different - which is to be expected.
My mouth no longer tastes like an ashtray but it's starting to taste like the inside of a copper mine. (I have a cold right now).
Also my gums feel "soft" but not bleeding but not normal either
I'll face it. Everything is so new that after 40+ years of analogs I could imagine anything.
I'd like some of the health pros here at ECF to add this to their list of research questions.
I can ask it now but the question is for sure gonna come up from some e-cig detractors in the very near future (FDA. BT, etc).
We need more input from the periodontal field.
We need to know what we are doing to ourselves in order to defend it. This is still very much like playing "cowboy".
It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt (or a moderator burns in hell for all eternity :evil:)
Yeah, I know. Better than dying of cancer....or worse! Increased cigarette taxes!

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed it, but figured it came from sucking to hard on my ecigs.

Just a thought.

Noticed what exactly? How much?

Hey! Has anybody (long time vapers) experienced increased gum disease or otherwise receding gums? Bleeding? (yes, read those, thank you) Is anybody losing teeth here? Bone loss? We need to know!
I hope this isn't an "Elephant in the Closet" issue. It shouldn't be ignored.

I've heard about the "Lung Juice" vaping liquid formula. What about a "Gum Juice" formula?

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
My dentist said bleeding gums after quitting tobacco smoking was very common; he just treated it and told me to use a good mouthwash for gingivitis which should fix it. Also was told it might take a little time, and to contact him if it didnt improve. He wasnt at all worried.
Mine is very mild btw - occasional and mild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread