Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Before I buy the Pro tank 3 can you give me a estimate cost on a 5 pack of coils please. I really like the way most of the coils work on the P.T.2 but my slight problem is that I use 1 to two coils each day. I'm approaching the 300 coil mark and it is a bit pricey for me. Not complaining mind you because the joyous feeling of filling a tank only one and a half times a day, being able to use a simple spinner type device and mostly getting that wonderful draw and crackle hit I absolutely love is worth it. So my question (and I do realize it's possibly a bit early) Do these P.T.3 coils perform as well? Are they lasting any longer for YOU! vs. the P.T.2 coils? That's it! Thanks

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Are you really changing the coil every time you refill the tank??

Not religiously but that is a close estimate. I love the 1.8's but they are the shortest life. By life I mean I could still use it because it is still working but the flavor diminishes and when that happens it's on to the next. The 2.5 lasted a little longer but the feel of it wasn't as good for me (less crackle). I'm on the 2.2 now and it's actually working better than the others. It could just be a really good coil made perfect..I won't know till I get through the entire 50.

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
Drop them in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to clean them and extend the life of them

You know DeeDee, I have always done that with my atomizers and never once thought of doing that with these coils. I use Everclear to clean all my ecig stuff so I will give it a whirl. I'll let ya know and thanks for the tip! :)

rockyroad

Life is Good
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2010
Indiana
I cleaned (or soaked ) 5 of them. It did make them better for an hour or two. I think one of the dilemmas I'm facing and can't get around is the juice I use. It's sweet, all vg nic, and plenty of cinnamon. That can't be good for a coil so I'm just gonna have to take what I get. Still love the Pro Tank 2. I wish I would hear from some folks on how they are liking the ProTank 3 coils?
Anyway, Happy Holidays :)

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
Wow. Just wow. That's a lot of coils! More power to ya, I usually try to get two weeks out of a coil, and feel bummed out if one stops behaving before that.

Not trying to tell you you're wrong in any way, just in awe of your determination to only get perfect performance out of them. For what it's wort, I hope the pt3 coils work out a lot better for ya!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I cleaned (or soaked ) 5 of them. It did make them better for an hour or two.
I am not using ProTank. However, I change coils often, but set them aside. Once I have a good-size bunch, I soak them overnight with a tablet of denture cleaner. The next day, I rinse them off and dry them. Then I test each one. The denture cleaner has done the same as a dry burn, so all I need to see is whether the coil lights up evenly. I am sure that my procedure saves both coils and batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread