Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
My Fave at the Minnie.

And tomorrow I hit three years Ciggie free thanks to vaping and Provari :)

Huge huge huge (3) Congrats, Silka!

And...... very nice lil K drip tip ya got there. ;)

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Had to do a new family photo [emoji39]. Short a few tanks though.
a5abc2886b23063e9b41136abdca977c.jpg

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
What can someone tell me about P3 Beta's. About all I know is that they would have been the first P3's, and probably just a few in number. Thanks.

Nothing really different from the regular p3 other than the diamonds on the body. They were sent out for some real world testing on the software mainly since the board was already tested beyond anything us vapers would put it through.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Absolutely AWESOME shot!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I always thought it a bit blingy when provape came out with it but the gold zencoat has become one of my favorite finishes. Not as flashy in person as it was on the site. I still want to add a few more colors to the collection and I still kick myself for not grabbing a purple radius, just couldn't save up enough in time.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Guys, a quick question. I have the P3 Beta and it was never upgraded. I've been squonking exclusively for almost 2 years now and I decided to pass it on to my wife who, like me, is a tootle puffer... vaping between 1-1.2 ohms and 13-16 watts. I know the new HP end cap will be useful, but do I need to get the upgrades or the programmer? I mean what did the upgrades really do to the P3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Guys, a quick question. I have the P3 Beta and it was never upgraded. I've been squonking exclusively for almost 2 years now and I decided to pass it on to my wife who, like me, is a tootle puffer... vaping between 1-1.2 ohms and 13-16 watts. I know the new HP end cap will be useful, but do I need to get the upgrades or the programmer? I mean what did the upgrades really do to the P3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd update it. Lots of fixes and new features were added. You'll have to send it to bill to have it updated. Contact him via provarirepair@gmail.com

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi, I have a question and maybe you guys with Provari 2.5 can help me.

I bought a Mini a few months ago for my father which has been working great with an Aspire Nautilus X, but my father wants to try the Cubis Tank (Joyetech) since he also uses the eGo AIO Pro (and I guess he likes it better than the Nauti). The Joyetech device uses 0.6 ohm coils but I've seen that they also sell a 1.5 ohm coil (Clapton) for the Cubis.

My question is:

Being my father a low wattage - tootle puffer vaper and considering he wants to use his Provari with the Cubis tank. Does the Provari Mini can handle the 0.6 ohm coils or he should use the Clapton 1.5 ohm coils? Maybe both?

I've done the math and the 1.5 coils can be vaped at 10 watts if the voltage if set to 4.00 volts, and can go to 16 watt if set at 5.00 volt (don't want to push the limit of the device, which I believe is 6 volts).

If the 0.6 ohm coil is used, voltage has to be set at 2.5 volt to get the 10 watt vape but I don't know if that resistance is to low for the device.

I guess the 1.5 ohm coil is better option since it is rated for 8 to 20 watts.

What do you think?

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

I bought a Mini a few months ago for my father which has been working great with an Aspire Nautilus X, but my father wants to try the Cubis Tank (Joyetech) since he also uses the eGo AIO Pro (and I guess he likes it better than the Nauti). The Joyetech device uses 0.6 ohm coils but I've seen that they also sell a 1.5 ohm coil (Clapton) for the Cubis.

My question is:

Being my father a low wattage - tootle puffer vaper and considering he wants to use his Provari with the Cubis tank. Does the Provari Mini can handle the 0.6 ohm coils or he should use the Clapton 1.5 ohm coils? Maybe both?

I've done the math and the 1.5 coils can be vaped at 10 watts if the voltage if set to 4.00 volts, and can go to 16 watt if set at 5.00 volt (don't want to push the limit of the device, which I believe is 6 volts).

If the 0.6 ohm coil is used, voltage has to be set at 2.5 volt to get the 10 watt vape but I don't know if that resistance is to low for the device.

What do you think?

I think the 2.5 needs at least 1 ohm (sometimes it fired @0.9)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The mini has a 3.5a limit & a 15w limit.
Most won't fire below .9Ω reliably, many will slightly exceed the 3.5a / 15w limit, slightly.
Like maybe .5a & maybe .5w - 1.5w.

The 1.5Ω head should work okay, it will be limited to around 4.7v - 4.9v depending on how clean all the connections are.
positive pin inside/battery contact, 510 pin & threads & base cap threads.

Last edited:

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali

My question is:

What do you think?

The cubis is not a good match for the 2.5. Many have been disappointed with the naughty X including me. You need to stay at resistances of 1ohm or higher and don't bother with claptons. They take a lot of power to run due to the massive amount of wire. If budget is an issue and premade coils are a must then try the naughty 2 or kabuki if you have a bit bigger budget. Both use the same coils but give different vapes and both are good tanks. It hold 3 ml or less.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Has anyone here tried out an EhPro Atomic atomizer clone, especially with their Provape device? Looking for a rebuildable anything that has an 18mm or smaller diameter... could live with 19 or 20 I guess, but would really like fit on my Provari 2(.5) with no overhang. I'd sooner go smaller than bigger.

Edit: although alternatively, if anyone could tell me where I could still find a reasonably priced beauty ring for the tapered ProVaris, that would also be wonderful. Just want ONE option to use without one.

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
That's definitely an option!! I'd just need someone to recommend a decent clone of it... I can't afford an authentic and don't typically go for clones unless someone can confirm the build quality is OK. I thought about the EhPro Atomic RDA clone because I've seen some decent reviews and it's so inexpensive, but I think a Kayfun would probably be a better vape on a mod that maxes out below 20W...

Does it fit flush/in-line or is there a teensy overhang? I thought I read it was 19mm, but I can handle that. Sure better than a 22!! :p

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
The cubis is not a good match for the 2.5. Many have been disappointed with the naughty X including me. You need to stay at resistances of 1ohm or higher and don't bother with claptons. They take a lot of power to run due to the massive amount of wire. If budget is an issue and premade coils are a must then try the naughty 2 or kabuki if you have a bit bigger budget. Both use the same coils but give different vapes and both are good tanks. It hold 3 ml or less.

Thank you so much. I did also told my father that the Kabuki is a great option but he does not want to spend that much neither he want's to start building coils, so we will try the Nautilus 2 and I hope I can convince him to get the Kabuki in the near future.

I told him he can use one of my K mini 3 but he wants to keep things as simple as possible.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Has anyone here tried out an EhPro Atomic atomizer clone, especially with their Provape device? Looking for a rebuildable anything that has an 18mm or smaller diameter... could live with 19 or 20 I guess, but would really like fit on my Provari 2(.5) with no overhang. I'd sooner go smaller than bigger.

Edit: although alternatively, if anyone could tell me where I could still find a reasonably priced beauty ring for the tapered ProVaris, that would also be wonderful. Just want ONE option to use without one.

There is a Mexican store that still has that kind of rings (I guess that's what you need). The link is: Provari Ring

Edit *****

WAIT: They may have the wrong price! They say the ring is 33 dls but in the Spanish version of the page is only 100 pesos (about 5 dls).

When Provape (rip) was still with us :(they were an authorized reseller (I did confirm that with Brandi and Blake) so I bought 4 Radii and my Procyon from them. They also produce my ADV and I haven't had any problems with my orders (always pay them with PayPal).

They also sell a Kayfun Mini v3 clone from Eycothec (I think) but I don't know if it is a good one. I have the authentic and works great but sadly it is expensive.

Kayfun Mini V3 (there is no product description in the English version of their page but if you read Spanish there is some info and a video) Edit: it seems they only have it in black.

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread