Is Provape in danger of becoming like Blackberry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Beyond internal stress testing, I'm more than sure they are waiting for better batteries to be developed...they've already stated that 20 watts is the most they can safely pull from an 18350, inside of their own Provape safety standards...
However, they've also stated that they are testing other batteries to add to their "approved" list.

Truth

10char

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Did I say fan boy? I didn't even infer it. Put words into someone else's mouth. You yourself are one of the people who have commented "we don't come into your threads and talk bad about your devices", well that is exactly what you have done here. This isn't your provari thread. It's not labeled provarinati. You have been one of the worst here about talking down other devices, making snide comments and personally aimed ones, the reason I haven't even responded to you in a while. I shouldn't even reply to this one, but my gods you just never stop. Well you win. Provari should NEVER advance. They should stagnate right where they are at. They should NEVER make a mod over 20 watts, because they are obviously to ignorant to do so safely, and no one EVER needs that much power, the god of vaping has spoken, if he's happy at 15 watts, then everyone else should be also.
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

USMC.... shaking my head. Hon, why do you continue to bang your head against the wall here? You have the ability to unsubscribe to the thread, ignore users, or hit the triangle.

It's sad this thread didn't allow for objectivity or honesty.

It has, Rick. There's been plenty of honesty. Honest. DPL said it best, as is usually the case:

It allows for all of that Rick, but it all remains irrelevant. The product is exactly what the company decided it would be. And like all products, those who feel it's worth it will buy, and those who don't will not.

As for satisfying existing base in an industry that's barely left the umbilical chord, well, that's somewhat irrelevant too. The entire market will almost certainly grow exponentially, and the total number of ECF members today will likely represent a single-digit percentage (at best) of the eventual whole.

They're doing what they're doing, which is theirs to do with. Ours is only to decide whether or not to buy the product. The market rules all and they owe nobody anything. If we don't buy, they'll have made a mistake. But if we do, then not.

As for their decision to land at 20 watts, see all of the above.

Shrug your shoulders, buy what you want, and keep vaping with pleasure. WHAT you vape on, well, that is totally your decision (as mine is mine). And thankfully at that.

For the record, I still haven't decided if I'll get a P3. Why? Because the 2.5 actually meets my needs, playing back into the aforementioned reference to irrelevance of power limitations (for many of us).

None of what you said matters, when faced with the fact that Provape isn't hurting for money, and they certainly aren't going anywhere, any time soon.
They play their cards so close to their chest, that their hand is practically inside their rib cage. The -FINAL- P3 update is still so far off, it doesn't even exist yet. With such a powerful chip inside, who's to say they can't or won't up the wattage output, as battery technology advances? They only limited the P3 to 20 watts (for now) because that's the safest THEY determined (for themselves) that an 18350 battery can put out. Their safety standards, and protection of their own liability, is their own business. If some other company wants to go above and beyond them, that's that company's prerogative! Not Provape's!

As for the menu thing...I learned the P3 menu from watching about three videos on YouTube. Before I even owned one. So, to insult the intelligence of anyone who doesn't own a Provari, by saying you "have to own one to understand it" is just a petty jab at something YOU don't understand. That is nobody's fault but your own. The information is, and has been, WIDELY available for many years.

And so what if their tube doesn't sit flush with atomizers, or vice versa? Has the World Vaping Council gathered and agreed that no atomizer shall ever been more than 22mm? Cuz I'm pretty sure when the first 26650 hit the streets, NOTHING fit it. Provape is a big enough company, and has set enough standards, that atomizer mfg's will probably follow their lead, and make an atomizer to fit the P3...which will be easy to justify, seeing as Provape just took a ballsy step towards a new standard in the vape industry...a NEW CONNECTOR.
Maybe some day we'll all look back on the 510 as the sturdy little work horse that got us through the Dark Ages...or maybe we'll all look back on the P3 as the gaudy bird that almost (or did) kill Provape! Who knows? Nobody! But you seem to be adopting the attitude that Provape is going down in flames, or crumbling from the bottom out...when in reality, they're rising above the crowd (What crowd? The crowd of mechs that all look the same, or the wattage rat race.), and building strong walls against the coming FDA vap-ocalypse, by making a new device that can accommodate not only current atomizers, but atomizers that haven't even been created yet. They're looking to the future of the industry, not just upping the wattage and calling it innovation.
Provape doesn't do many things without an unimaginable amount of forethought, and desire for perfection. I've heard (on other forums) about a new P3 threaded Kayfun in the works...as well as P3 atomizers from Aspire and Kanger. And that certainly doesn't make me feel like Provape is in any danger. Will dripping atomizers be made to fit it's size? Probably not many, if any. But since when has anyone picked up a dripper and immediately thought that it would be great on a Provari? Hardly ever. Provaris cater to the carto/BCC/BDC/BVC/Kayfun/Nautilus/Silo/Fogger/etc side of vaping...and I'm sorry, but the majority of vapers use those devices. And that's who Provape has stated they are marketing to...the MAJORITY of vapers...not ALL.
There is nothing wrong with stating what you'd like to see from Provape. I'm a big fan, and there are things I'd still like to see. But do I look down my nose at them, simply because they don't make the device that is perfect for ME? No way! They make the device that is closest to the needs of my vaping habit.
NO COMPANY MAKES THE PERFECT DEVICE FOR -EVERYONE-
This thread didn't allow for objectivity and honesty? So were you not trying to be objective and honest? I'm pretty sure I have been the whole time! Who was stopping you? This is an online, text-based forum...everyone gets a turn.
This isn't a personal attack on you RickCain.
I am not angry, upset, offended, hurt, or in the least bit bothered by anything said in this forum. I'm just speaking my mind, as everyone else here is.
This is just my response to what you said. I'm not saying, or doing anything, to keep you from being as objective and honest as I am.
People need to LEAVE EMOTIONS AT THE DOOR.

You've posted a lot, HB, but this may be my fave. ^^^ Thank you.

However, it's doubtful that anyone will leave their emoticals at the door. What fun would THAT be anyway? ;)

Good gawd, could I be any MORE off with my golfers lately? AND I WATCH!

Attention spans are a fine concept.

As long as Springy keeps cute golfer guy avis going, I'm IN!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
USMC.... shaking my head. Hon, why do you continue to bang your head against the wall here? You have the ability to unsubscribe to the thread, ignore users, or hit the triangle.

It has, Rick. There's been plenty of honesty. Honest. DPL said it best, as is usually the case:

You've posted a lot, HB, but this may be my fave. ^^^ Thank you.

However, it's doubtful that anyone will leave their emoticals at the door. What fun would THAT be anyway? ;)

As long as Springy keeps cute golfer guy avis going, I'm IN!

The reason I bang my head here so much is simple, I'm a Scorpio :p. But really though, I'm generally very easy going, but wrong me.....i will dig my heals in. I wasn't on the side of the provari haters, ever. I merely expressed my desire for one change. Since then I've been attacked, my choices in vape gear has been attacked, my posts have been quoted out of context to try and put what I've said in a negative light, been the subject of many mean spirited sarcastic comments (even if they were often poorly executed, the intent was the same). I've been told I don't know quality based on what I've chosen to spend my money on....ironic since provari quality is one of the reasons I have stated for wanting them to make a mod that suits me.
The simple answer to your question...i made an observation about one of provape's decisions that some deemed as negative and the torched and pitchforks came out, and I am incapable of accepting that kind of treatment without standing up for myself, and for others when I see them being treated in such a manner. You don't become a Marine without a fighting spirit

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA

Not really other than side stepping my last question - exactly what I expected :)

What I've learned is "just enough" is just fine for some and anyone who wants more will be cast as ridiculous. Now if I could get my boss to agree that last years numbers are just fine and there is no need to grow I'd be set - selling into an existing user base will never result in measurable growth. Lucky for me he won't......

Do I think Provape will sell many P3's? Absolutely!
Do I think Provape will take market share from the tremendous amount of competition that is pushing more technology/capabilities? Unfortunately no

This is an opinion - well they are like ........ and everyone has one.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Not really other than side stepping my last question - exactly what I expected :)

What I've learned is "just enough" is just fine for some and anyone who wants more will be cast as ridiculous. Now if I could get my boss to agree that last years numbers are just fine and there is no need to grow I'd be set - selling into an existing user base will never result in measurable growth. Lucky for me he won't......

Do I think Provape will sell many P3's? Absolutely!
Do I think Provape will take market share from the tremendous amount of competition that is pushing more technology/capabilities? Unfortunately no

This is an opinion - well they are like ........ and everyone has one.

I think 20 watts is more than "just enough" for a lot of vapers, as many only vape in the 10 watt range. Is wanting more ridiculous? Of course not. As far as measurable growth, well the amount of vapers is still increasing, and I think that trend is going to continue for the foreseeable future. I think provape will continue to see growth as the market expands. I don't think it's necessary for them to compete against high powered regulated devices to sell well. They don't need to corner the entire market, and they obviously aren't trying to do that. The market is big enough for many companies to profit.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
If most high power vapers only want $50 box mods, I guess Hana modz, vaporshark and other higher end/priced companies are going to go out of business

He said most not all, you are twisting things, may as well say everything is going out of business except 50 dollar boxes. Hana, VS, etc will be just fine if they continue to make a quality product.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If most high power vapers only want $50 box mods, I guess Hana modz, vaporshark and other higher end/priced companies are going to go out of business

My Hana cost me $250, a long time ago, and they're two versions past that now. I dun thin so, Lucy.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I was merely using the same type of backward logic that had been used against me from the beginning

This against me, that against me, that said about me, that said about me...

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!!!

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Most certainly doesn't mean all... i wouldn't consider VAporShark to be high end. High priced for a China mod, but not high end, given build issues and now chip/board issues...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

No Hana will stay in business because they make a high quality mod and provide customer service. Now on the the other hand you stated if Provari had 30 watts you would buy one. You mentioned their quality, service, dependability a 100 times. So with all that in mind what did you purchase? Answer a $50.00 Hana clone. So yes most of the higher power mod uses buy clones.

In case you missed it here is a link for a 30 watt dna mod. TOBECO DNA30 30 WATT TUBE MOD 18650 | kanVape You can buy 4 of them for the price of a 20 watt P3.

Kat's right if you think it's all against you all you need to do is unsubscribe to this thread or if you think I'm attacking you all you need to do is block me. I hope you find what you want, but if not take your fight to Provape. Make a laundry list of all the improvements you feel are needed and explain to them in electronic terms why they are safe. All I know is positive, negative, and a ground. So do I listen to you about mod safety or Provape who has been doing this for years?

I would add for the most part Provari owners were die hard smokers, and want a safe way to keep off cigarettes. If I want to fill a room with clouds of vapor I would buy a smoke bomb. All I want is to stay away from Marlboros.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
So would you have disappointed if the P3 did 50 watts and had a menu structure that didn't require owning one to understand or better yet allowed an atty to sit flush with the tube diameter?

Being "just enough" or relying on the existing customer base doesn't cut it in a competitive market place and was the point of the OP.

It's sad this thread didn't allow for objectivity or honesty.

I missed your post, but I will answer your question. If the P3 was a 50 watt mod I would not be interested in it. I'm happy now with both my 2.5's, but I do like the style of the P3. I'm not at all getting your menu issues with the P3. Looks simple enough for me to use. What confuses you? Changing the LED lights? Isn't the advantage to VW is all you do is set it and forget it?

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
Although to me the P3 is way too expensive, it's well built will last and for you Americans has reasonable repair costs (postage charges make that untrue for the rest of us). Since most people do vape at less than 20W it has a market and as long as they keep the build quality up it will remain. You also have the big problem with many of these higher powered devices having serious and sometimes dangerous problems so you also have those who will pick the P3 because they can trust it to work well and safely. I don't understand this hatred for Provari, yes I would never buy one but I can understand the appeal.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Lovers Gonna Love... Haters Gonna Hate.

One Thing I have learned in my relatively short time as a professional vaper is...

That when I setup a tank on a Provi and further tweak and set the Voltage/Watts to my preference. I can then duplicate that same vape on any of my Provi consistently.

Not so with lesser mods. I have found the fluctuations to be too great, whether in settings or electricity delivery. No consistency.

Is that true with all other mods? I do not know, and don't really care.

My care is for my pleasure and repeatability... The Bullseye Everytime! That's what I want. Everytime!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread