Provari P3 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilson

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
Minneapolis, MN USA
Based on another member's recommendation, I'm reposting my question from the general forum to this group (didn't know it existed). I'm getting wattage too high errors when operating over 14.6 watts (well within the 20 watt max.). I'm using a kayfun built at 1.3 ohms with a 35 amp Efest 18650 battery. I've tried multiple batteries, checked my atty, and have an 87 IQ. I do not use the "boost" function. Any ideas what may be the source of this problem?

Cilson

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
Minneapolis, MN USA
Im pretty sure that an Efest is not a recommended battery for the P3. Provape only sells Samsung or AW batteries for their mods.

I suspect that the battery that you have is not a high drain battery and that is why you are getting the error codes.

I have some Samsung 25Rs on the way. Maybe that will fix the problem.

Reactions: zapped

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I just tested a 1.1 ohm built kayfun on 2 P3s both on V38 software, and they both drove the kayfun to 20 watts without a problem. Both with efest and Samsung batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing that but it should be pointed out that using anything other than the batteries recommended by Provape should be considered unsafe...and it can void the warranty.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks for doing that but it should be pointed out that using anything other than the batteries recommended by Provape should be considered unsafe...and it can void the warranty.
Could you point out the link for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Great reading and good recommendations for batteries.

Still nothing about voiding a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The warranty does not cover improper or unreasonable use; failure to follow operating instructions; accidents, excess moisture, lightning, power surges, connections to improper voltage supply/batteries, unauthorized alteration or modifications to the original device including refinishing or etching; loss of or damage to the vaporizer or its internal components.

Seems pretty clear to me.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
The warranty does not cover improper or unreasonable use; failure to follow operating instructions; accidents, excess moisture, lightning, power surges, connections to improper voltage supply/batteries, unauthorized alteration or modifications to the original device including refinishing or etching; loss of or damage to the vaporizer or its internal components.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Define improper batteries.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Define improper batteries.

If you bother to read the text of the page that I linked earlier in this thread, it defines which batteries are considered improper.

I cant tell if youre being deliberately obtuse just to argue or if youre just not reading so I'll do my best to spell it out for you.

Go to provapes site.

Click on the p3 as if youre purchasing it.

Several drop downs will appear. One is for color, the next is for batteries.

2 x AW18350
2 x AW18490
2 x Samsung 18650

Are the only available options. Logic would dictate they are the only recommended batteries for this device.

Yes, Provape sells Efest 18650s

No they are not an option when ordering a PS3

If youre still confused then contact customer service and ask them this directly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread